Which obscure player would you trade for Pick 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

De Goey. He'd replace Lecras in 2019 with the veteran's retirement.

Cripps - Darling - De Goey
Rioli - Kennedy - Ryan

Boner worthy

Dylan Grimes. I reckon he is every bit as important as Rance without the personality or good looks.
People are overrating Grimes and underrating Rance lately. Rance is a lot better and more important than grimes and always will be, Grimes would probably admit this himself.

People are overrating Grimes and underrating Rance lately. Rance is a lot better and more important than grimes and always will be, Grimes would probably admit this himself.

Meh. Grimes and Astbury allow Rance to have the impact he does. Besides it's my hypothetical pick to trade so buzz off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anything more overated than the number 1 pick?

Honestly “Clayton Oliver” is not obscure. If you got someone close like that as a number one you’d be stoked. Very very rarely number one is the best

Generally do agree but think Sam Walsh will be a bit of an outlier, already looks at home. Seems to be if you draft a KPP with it you're just asking for trouble.

Fact is there is barely such thing as an obscure player in these days of footy oversaturation - I reckon the closest thing we've seen to something like this in the past few years though was the Suns parting with #2 for Freo's Lachie Weller.

Generally do agree but think Sam Walsh will be a bit of an outlier, already looks at home. Seems to be if you draft a KPP with it you're just asking for trouble.
200px-Nick_Riewoldt_2017.1.jpg

Though I think that might be the exception to the rule.

Toby McLean, pretty close to elite at such a young age. Doesn’t get the credit of a Bomtempelli but more consistent and damaging.

Aiden Bonar. Loved what he showed this year. Taken at 13 last year and surprised with how early he started to impact games. The next Charlie Curnow.
You obviously don't actually know your football, although Toby is good and will get even better, ball in hand i don't think there is a more precise kick and damaging player then Bont

Yeah thats what they said about Scully, Murphy, Gibbs, Watts, Whitfield, Petracca, Weiterman etc
You never get so see their weakness as a junior, Walshs will be found soon enough and then the real test comes

Yeah thats what they said about Scully, Murphy, Gibbs, Watts, Whitfield, Petracca, Weiterman etc
You never get so see their weakness as a junior, Walshs will be found soon enough and then the real test comes
It’s a rare number one draft pick who doesn’t get touted as the “most AFL ready junior we’ve seen in years”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back