Women's Internationals: Australia v New Zealand - Sep/Oct 2020

Predict a result across the Twenty20 and One Day serieses

• NZ enz the hosts' beautiful reign of terror, sex-zep

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Molineux and Carey are left-handers, not sure there's a great reason for them to ever bat above fellow left-hander Jonassen, barring injury or something.
I’d always have Molineux ahead of Jonasson, she is generally an opening batter. Not sure why Carey is ahead of her perhaps she is a bit better credentialed.

Devine goes bang.

She's having a hell of a game the Kiwi skipper.

I'm sounding like Andy Maher.

You mention Andy Maher,I presume he is still in Melbourne calling the game.A good game enjoyed and life seems nearly back to normal in Qld,beats living in lockdown Mellbourne.

You mention Andy Maher,I presume he is still in Melbourne calling the game.A good game enjoyed and life seems nearly back to normal in Qld,beats living in lockdown Mellbourne.
Maher, Jones and Verlani were commentating in Melbourne, and Holly Ferling was commentating (special comments and player interviews) at the ground.

Last edited:
Dunno, having ice in one's veins is a pretty common expression for being calm under intense pressure. Wouldn't have really used it to describe the end of yesterday's match, especially compared to G-Unit's knock earlier on. Pretty obvious who the icemen of the team have typically been, and Shoota is more in the Alan Davidson kill-em-when-they're-down mould.

Was hoping for a quicker deck today to open up a few more result possibilities, seemingly no such luck based on Devine's dismissal. Not sure they've done themselves much favour by just going with only one frontline spinner again, but we'll see.

Dunno, having ice in one's veins is a pretty common expression for being calm under intense pressure. Wouldn't have really used it to describe the end of yesterday's match, especially compared to G-Unit's knock earlier on. Pretty obvious who the icemen of the team have typically been, and Shoota is more in the Alan Davidson kill-em-when-they're-down mould.

agreed, but it was how the headline was worded...

NZ 3/68 at the halfway point of the innings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another dodgy decision, that looked like it didn't hit the glove or the bat, was close to being stumped though.
First one was clearly right, second one clearly wrong.

Straightforward chase if Mooney plays her level-headed game. Can't fully be taken for granted after yesterday's brainfade, though you'd expect her to be more switched on because of that.

Winnable for NZ, however. Of course early wickets would be nice, but if that doesn't happen, they have to steer clear of panic mode for a change and just take it as deep as possible.

Whyyy would you bowl Bates in the powerplay. Precisely the kind of desperate hail mary that they didn't need to try.

Such a predictable Healy dismissal though. Started off beautifully controlled, quickly got carried away with it. Elyse Villani, that's the kind of dumb cricket thinking that has got you dropped from the squad.

Kiwis ever so slightly brought back into it after both openers threw their wickets away unprompted. Good unselfish batting by Mooney to let someone else take on the responsibility of being there at the end... I mean c'mon, how silly does that sound!

Bit more energy through the crease from Mair will take her a long way I reckon. Playing her ahead of Huddleston is a pretty strong endorsement, but probably a wise one.

Scorchers won't make finals this season, based on what I've seen of Devine's captaincy.

Threatening to unfold in a similar fashion to the last few tours here for NZ, came out much more deflated by yesterday's loss than what they should've been. Gonna need something special from one of their senior players (or, even better, one of the youngsters) to wrestle back the momentum from Australia.

Scorchers won't make finals this season, based on what I've seen of Devine's captaincy.

Threatening to unfold in a similar fashion to the last few tours here for NZ, came out much more deflated by yesterday's loss than what they should've been. Gonna need something special from one of their senior players (or, even better, one of the youngsters) to wrestle back the momentum from Australia.

They are always going to struggle to beat Australia anyway. They need more experience. They also need another bat. Amelia Kerr despite the fact she can hit a ball, isn't a number 6. She's more an 8. They are at least 1 if not 2 batsmen short.

Back