Free Agency Zac Williams [joins Carlton as an RFA for a 1st round compensation pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

So in other words... some where in the vicinity of $0 - $900,000.
Dead set, must be hard getting a job as a reporter these days with this type of expertise.
Yep.

Band one compo means the player would be in the top five percent highest paid players in the comp. That’s roughly top two for each club. You’d assume Cripps would be Carlton’s highest paid player. Charlie’s reportedly on $800k a year so you’d hope he’d be the second highest paid (although Weitering would have claims). Zachs contract probably places him in between Charlie’s and Cripps.

The pick handed out will tell the story, but most are assuming he’s band one.

'Up to $900k per season' could easily be:
800k - 800k - 900k - 600k - 600k

without seeing the contract its hard to know.

Average of 900k over the 5 seasons is certainly overpaying though.

I would be happy to have him for 700-750k average per year.
It could also, and likely is, 700base and 10k per game played, 30g for top 3 BnF, 50g for 1st place, etc.

I understand a lot of contracts are based like that.

So it COULD be 900k if Williams has an inbeleievable seaosn, wins the Browlow and Norm Smith, and if thats the case - i'd definitely pay him 900

Carlton accountant is going to have to get funky with the numbers next year when Cripps is off contract. if these Williams and Saad numbers are correct.

Yet no one asks how the tiges afford Martin, Jack, lynch, Cotch, prestia, Grimes etc.....it's amazing how the same dribble gets regurgitated every year

Yep.

Band one compo means the player would be in the top five percent highest paid players in the comp. That’s roughly top two for each club. You’d assume Cripps would be Carlton’s highest paid player. Charlie’s reportedly on $800k a year so you’d hope he’d be the second highest paid (although Weitering would have claims). Zachs contract probably places him in between Charlie’s and Cripps.

The pick handed out will tell the story, but most are assuming he’s band one.
Where in the world did you get this idea from? Compensation is formulated, has nothing to do with top % of paid players.

Are you sure you are not confusing this with free agency - players who are in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (top 9/10 players) are eligible for restricted free agency the first time they are out of contract, if they have served at least eight years with the club? lol

Carlton accountant is going to have to get funky with the numbers next year when Cripps is off contract. if these Williams and Saad numbers are correct.

Could get some advice off the Cats or Tigers me thinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It never ceases to amaze me how Carlton go from being a "one-man team" to "they'll struggle to pay all their stars in a few years" when a decent player nominates them.

Nor the gullibility of falling for click-bait with the words "reportedly" and "up to" when talking about an athlete's salary.

Mate...gullible opposition supporters sitting at their keyboards ready and waiting to have a dig, all be it with no clue what so ever.
The minute you reply with common sense or a meaningful response they disappear into thin air...aren't you used to this by now?

I thought the free agency contract had to include guaranteed money? So might be 800k guaranteed and some bonus attached
Gws woud know exactly what amount it was and have just told the media I’m tipping

Remove this Banner Ad

Back