Free Agency Zac Williams [joins Carlton as an RFA for a 1st round compensation pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Steele is better than Williams already ...... and he is 2 years younger

Saints are also set to land the 2nd best or potentially the best player to leave GWS in Caldwell

As stated good luck with Williams ..... he will be pretty handy off the back flank
Thanks mate. Good luck with Ratts hopefully he can bring a successful culture to the place for once.

The difference is we are playing Finals ........ the Blues are not!!

You also have a bunch of "supposed" young stars currently underperforming but soon they will be wanting big new deals

I wish the Blues well but I think you will find you will need to shed a few of these young turks down the line given you will not be able to satisfy their future wage requirements

Someone also mentioned you are after Narkle / Saad / Graham - doubt they will sign on with the Blues just to be depth players so don't be disappointed when a few clubs come calling and some young players not getting a look in want out.

Every year there seems a lot of hype surrounding the Blues but currently they have failed to deliver after years of high draft picks and high profile trades

If Blues miss finals next year ........ :oops:

Anyway best of luck with your new back flanker Williams :thumbsu:

Lol Saints telling Carlton how to win finals? Really?

What's next financial advice? 15mil in debt pre Covid. Fantastic club.

You have more chance of becoming the Shanghai Saints than winning a final this year.

Goodluck tho.

You also have a bunch of "supposed" young stars currently underperforming but soon they will be wanting big new deals

I wish the Blues well but I think you will find you will need to shed a few of these young turks down the line given you will not be able to satisfy their future wage requirements

Someone also mentioned you are after Narkle / Saad / Graham - doubt they will sign on with the Blues just to be depth players so don't be disappointed when a few clubs come calling and some young players not getting a look in want out.

Every year there seems a lot of hype surrounding the Blues but currently they have failed to deliver after years of high draft picks and high profile trades

I love seeing the saints fan up and about.

Getting more than he's worth, but that's what it takes to pry a gun player from another club.

But i think this should mark the official end of any excuses for Carlton as still being developing. Minimum expectations for 2021 has to be finals. Teague should come out and say it.
Correct. Finals has to be the expectation next year. Anything less will be a failure. It's time to turn potential into performance

I love seeing blue fans up and about. You get Zac Williams to commit and you’re acting like you’re ‘cooking up’ something. Every year it’s “next year” just waiting for that year to come round.
This i meant sincerely. I don’t mind the saints. Hopefully we have the same high when we get into finals. Enjoy it bruz

This i meant sincerely. I don’t mind the saints. Hopefully we have the same high when we get into finals. Enjoy it bruz
Yep. Same for blues! I know what the rebuild is like. It’s loooong and painful. You seem to be doing what we did last year. A few mature age recruits and you can rocket into the finals

The hype was never created by Carlton but by a carlton hating media to overcome the 70s 80s and 90s trauma we inflicted on their teenage years. All Blues supporters wish the Saints well. We all know how it feels to be pitied & direspected by the competition.

Steele is better than Williams already ...... and he is 2 years younger

Saints are also set to land the 2nd best or potentially the best player to leave GWS in Caldwell

As stated good luck with Williams ..... he will be pretty handy off the back flank

Caldwell isn't in the same league as Treloar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMG some of these posts are funny.

St K fan lectures Blues Re overpaying players.

Meanwhile outside winger Brad Hill on $900K for av of 16 possessions (1xCP) and 2 tackles per game.

Zach Williams is exactly what Carlton need - and he won’t be playing HBF.

Front ended contract when we’ve got oodles of $.

Well done Austin.
+ no trade

LOL - Hard not to notice Brad Hill/Williams comparison didn’t get any mention in your very lengthy reply.......

I wonder why?

Get those black/white/red goggles off my friend.

Last edited:
So this is pretty much a done deal? Unless Williams somehow receives a better offer elsewhere and changes his mind?

So this is pretty much a done deal? Unless Williams somehow receives a better offer elsewhere and changes his mind?
When the AFL site is saying things with certainty there's a good chance it's done

Getting more than he's worth, but that's what it takes to pry a gun player from another club.

But i think this should mark the official end of any excuses for Carlton as still being developing. Minimum expectations for 2021 has to be finals. Teague should come out and say it.

Only dumb coaches would say something like that publicly and Teague ain't dumb.

He might improve out of sight and prove me wrong, but that is crazy money. Does he have skill? Yeah. Can he hit a target at pace? Yeah. Does he miss targets more often than he should? Yeah.

Far too big a 'hope' component in this signing for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back