List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The announcement of The International Rules team was the first time i had seen Danger listed in a squad as a Geelong player..........it still hasn't sunk in
Just wait until it does sink in. It's the best feeling ever! :D

Cant believe we have Dangerfield
I don't know how I could like this more.

Round one v Hawks next year, Selwood and Danger in the centre, no Lake marking Hawkins and the hair on my neck will rise up.

How the f*ck do we have Selwood, Danger, Taylor and Hawkins in our team? And all taking moderate salaries? Very very lucky. No team ever ends up with three genuine A ranked players. Each in the top 5 of their positions.

I don't know how I could like this more.

Round one v Hawks next year, Selwood and Danger in the centre, no Lake marking Hawkins and the hair on my neck will rise up.

How the f*ck do we have Selwood, Danger, Taylor and Hawkins in our team? And all taking moderate salaries? Very very lucky. No team ever ends up with three genuine A ranked players. Each in the top 5 of their positions.

I love your enthusiasm. It's really exciting to add Danger to our midfield. But I would argue of the four player you mention only Danger had an A grade year. If Selwood, Taylor and Hawkins could get back their best form then we are really talking!

I just saw his highlights and faaaaaaaark this guy is good. The acceleration of Judd combined with brute force, kicking for goal skills and excellent marking power of a medium sized player. What a great role model for Caddy.

I still can't believe we got him.

Yep.

We've lost and now gained from the four biggest player movements of the past decade: Judd, Ablett, Franklin, Dangerfield.

Much has been made of what he can do for Selwood... but id be hoping that he can really make it easier for guys like Caddy to bring themselves to the elite level. Caddy has shown he can do it for periods ... hopefully with a thicker group he can take another step up
It will have a domino effect. There is no doubt about that IMO.

Yep.

We've lost and now gained from the four biggest player movements of the past decade: Judd, Ablett, Franklin, Dangerfield.
We didn't need Ablett to win a flag in 2011 (although we very much could have done with him in 2013) but perhaps our next flag will come about because of the addition of Danger being a huge part of pushing it into the realms of the possible. It's a lovely thought, isn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I've aid before PD will lift all boats. Be it by him being aggressive at the ball, taking the coaches eye in terms of who to defend more, or just by his presence in spreading the load across the MF group.

The biggest thing for me is the price. As the pressure is lifted and spread more evenly over the MF group, the Caddy, Dunacan, Motlop stock will rise as well. The 400k per year we are saving per year on his deal will enable those players to receive an increase at their next contract time and allows this group to go towards staying a group. Massively important.

I know some of the wet noodle whinging crowd are banging on about the future has been eroded as we lost a Rd1 and Rd2 pick this year, but the overall the gain should far outweigh that. Of course, those picks might have netted the next Nat Fyfe. We HAVE 2 of the top 5 mids in the game now. Something about one on the MF is worth 2 in the draft….

Go Catters

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but those concerned about his long term durability, he is an ideal option to go forward later in his career and have a big impact. Great speed off the mark, very good overhead and excellent goal sense. Of course this is hopefully a number of years down the track but it's a prospect worth thinking about. In fact, we don't have to do in the latter years. It could be an option from the beginning to potentially prolong his career by resting him up forward, like we did with the skipper in 2014.

New players don't usually get their numbers till the end of whichever period, trade or draft from memory
Every day he doesn't have a number is a day wasted for buying jumpers/numbers. Geelong people are at fever pitch, footy's still in the news.... It's ripe.
If I were in the marketing department, I'd make a phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back