Autopsy Geelong loses to Sydney by 17 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Opposition ruckman the best player on the ground. Where have I've seen this before...

Being there that wasn’t The issue. Effort from everyone in the last was. They expected to win.

Having said that I never want to see Murdoch play a game for us ever again. That’s it for him. He’s gone.

Look at the faces of the plyers post game. All laughing and joking.......WHERES THE F****** HURT!!!!

Says it all......

That's not a good look....i had to switch it off, i hate seeing those moustacheoed Swans playing out of their backsides here again. Watch them lose to whatever they play next week.

No. Thats bullshit.

Stanley won ruck contests fair and square.

This loss is on the mids who lost the clearances when they mattered. Flat footed, slow and no strength at the contest.

Its been happening for far too long now and it needs to be addressed.

Stanley didn't tap any to advantage though. Secondly, Stanley was behind on most marking contests and was out marked so many times.

It’s amazing how many mediocre ruckmen play the best game of their life against Stanley.....
The flog wasn’t even competing in the end.
If these blokes are fair dinkum, Stanley, Parsons (shirked it when it mattered) Gregson, Zuthrie and Thurlow all go out next week. Weak as piss!!!!
They will all go out, then come back in with our cunning late changes.

It’s what always happens. We get ahead of ourselves, as soon as we’re expected to win it never happens. Think the boys thought we had it won at 3QT already.

Scott took too long to put Dangerfield back into the centre in the 4th quarter it felt like to me. Stanley will always be too inconsistent, at least Esava brings that consistent effort.

Also possible the lack of rotations each week finally caught up with us, GHS out since the 2nd quarter didn’t help at all.

Good win by the Swans.

22 points up at 3/4 time while keeping the opposition to 1 goal in 2 quarters at home, choke on a massive one and end up losing by 3 goals.
As bad a loss I've seen since 2006.
Our midfield is massively over-rated, the talk of the best of all time kind of stuff is as far from the mark as possible, right now our midfield sits dead last in the competition and can't win a clearance even when our sub standard ruckman palm it down their throat (3 times in the last Stanley hit it straight to a Cat only for them to fumble it, cough it up and Swans to surge forward).
I literally can't think of the words to describe that game, embarrassing? Year destroying?
Our leaders need to have a good hard look at themselves because they were beaten by a lesser team and even within the side were upstaged by inexperienced kids. During the second and third quarters it wasn't Dangerfield, Selwood and Duncan getting us 22 points up, it was Fogarty, Kelly, Cunico etc. WHERE THE * ARE OUR LEADERS!
No intensity, no want to push the result, no ruthlessness, no desire and seemingly no care or pride in winning the game. Even when the Swans were coming hard, and even when they got infront we still had blokes jogging along Swans players who were sprinting to create options. No desire.
Thurlow cost us the game, I know you can't single out 1 situation but that horrid kick was the turning point. He hits the 15m pass to an uncontested lead (and they kick the goal) and we go back to 22 points up having weathered all the Swans effort and they likely don't have the energy to push again, instead he shanks the easiest of kicks, they run it down the field and kick a goal, getting to within 2 goals with all the momentum and the Cats drop their heads. That right there was the game. That right there is why he doesn't get games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry but Rhys Stanley is plain sh*t. He has zero awareness.

Constantly tapping it down to opposition players when rucking.
Boundary throw ins....starts in front, gets no body contact and allows the opposition ruck to run straight past him.
Plays from behind and/or loses his direct opponent and has to play catch up.

He can take Murdoch with him as well. He is a neutral player as best. Has more points scored off his shitting the bed or just plain f*ck ups than contributes going the other way.

Zuthrie. 4 disposals. FOUR!. What a sh*thouse inclusion. Going into a game that was always going to be a contested game, lose Scooter (which had to have been on the cards i.e. it wasn't left field) and you bring in another defender rather than a midfielder?. FM sideways.

Has there been a game this year where Geelong has finished with 4 healthy players on the bench?.

The MC is as much to blame for the loss as the players were.

It’s what always happens. We get ahead of ourselves, as soon as we’re expected to win it never happens. Think the boys thought we had it won at 3QT already.

Scott took too long to put Dangerfield back into the centre in the 4th quarter it felt like to me. Stanley will always be too inconsistent, at least Esava brings that consistent effort.

Also possible the lack of rotations each week finally caught up with us, GHS out since the 2nd quarter didn’t help at all.

Good win by the Swans.

Danger looks stuffed, something definitely wrong with him, wouldnt be surprised to see him miss a week soon.

That's not a good look....i had to switch it off, i hate seeing those moustacheoed Swans playing out of their backsides here again. Watch them lose to whatever they play next week.
Absolutely - they should be f’in hurting big time!

Seriously the loss was bad enough and the club wants us to support the players when they act like that after a pathetic loss

If it doesn’t matter to then then it shouldn’t matter to us

Loss me with that kind of attitudes they are just there for the pay check, no competitive drive all smiles and laughter after that pathetic comeback

Can’t believe Cat lost AGAIN! At home!!! They won last week and this week home game they thought would be easy ! You don’t play kids against Sydney! Slow game ,no tackles ,weak ! And Tommy ? What happened to you!?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sydney with the last 12 centre clearances, doesn’t matter who they have forward, bound to score at least 4-5 times from it.

Sent from my Warped mind
I may be wrong, but I never saw a centre clearance go to our advantage in the second half.

I can't remember Stanley getting it to one of our mids once at any bounce or throw ins. I was looking for it, didn't see it. He is the worst tap ruckman I've seen, or our mids are terrible. I have been reading the negative comments about him, and I wish I could say otherwise, but can't.

It’s amazing how many mediocre ruckmen play the best game of their life against Stanley.....
The flog wasn’t even competing in the end.
If these blokes are fair dinkum, Stanley, Parsons (shirked it when it mattered) Gregson, Zuthrie and Thurlow all go out next week. Weak as piss!!!!
Tuohy also shirked it. While he does add a lot, I find him very suspect under real pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back