Autopsy Geelong loses to Sydney by 17 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

And what about our insanely bad finals record? Or is he only responsible for good things?

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
You’ve just gone full Hawkk.
Never go full Hawkk.

You say lazy and there probably is some of that. Bluey on Krock rightly made the point post game we have young bodies that are simply cooked with fewer rotations 6 weeks running and whilst they can spurt in and out of games they can give consistent 4Q performances and especially late when they’re cooked.

It’s got to be wearing us down by now.

Yes, it’d be taking a toll.

By lazy I didn’t just mean ‘intent’........I’m also referring to the execution of basic skills and decision making.

Handballs to a guy’s feet.....slow, high, loopy passes.......giving the ball to a guy CLEARLY under pressure.....

And how many times do you see equal numbers contesting the ball and another Cats player leaves HIS man to help out only for, you guessed it, the unattended player to run off with it?

You say lazy and there probably is some of that. Bluey on Krock rightly made the point post game we have young bodies that are simply cooked with fewer rotations 6 weeks running and whilst they can spurt in and out of games they can’t give consistent 4Q performances and especially late when they’re cooked.

It’s got to be wearing us down by now.

Though when there's seasoned AFL players running around in the twos, you could ask why.

I thought that was hilarious, Bolton really sold a dummy there.
They believe it too. Had Old Dark Navy’s trying to sell me that crap when they lost by 80+ to North. We have a few out but I’ll be we won’t get done by 80+.

Cannot believe their fan base buys that rebuild crap

They love that ground. It suits their pressure play . Put them on the G and they are not as good. Hawks, their bogey team, will possibly beat them again in 2 weeks.
As said during the week, and that was BEFORE Parfitt was out, who wants to play Swans the week after a loss when their future has been questioned all week; and our team is currently playing with not a bottom 6, but a bottom 12, and we are going to be inconsistent. And when our elite mids are beaten in contested possession , we don't deserve to win. Yet we still beat them convincingly for 2Q.
That is not being outcoached- it is clearly being outgunned by a superior team over the 4Q
Excellent post

People blaming Stanley are having a laugh, the complete lack of defensive accountability in our midfield was what cost us the game today, we need Scooter or GHS for balance and miss them massively when they aren't playing.
Missed Parfitt today, as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Though when there's seasoned AFL players running around in the twos, you could ask why.
Is there? Abbott (uncapped), Crameri and Smith. Not sure I’d class O’Connor as senior and the rest all have 0 games.

Abbott and Smith would replace Stanley so the kids argument is irrelevant here. So just Crameri. He probably should have played but given his fitness issues with no preseason he’d likely have been tanked a man short too haha

I don’t think we can win the flag without at least 1 of Taylor Henderson back.

Guthrie was playing well before his injury. Went into the middle a few times and impacted also.

Cocky when he went into the centre against west coast was very impactful. He oozes class and I see him as a very important player.

8 of our best 22 I think is just too far a bridge to cross, especially against quality sides.

At least hopefully 3 come in next week; Ablett s Selwood and Parfitt.

Trivia fact: Geelong has not had a single game this season without a game ending injury occurring.
Oh I know about the rotations. I'm stoked with what we've done this year and I'm still upbeat.
Agree on Cocky. He's my fave player bar Selwood but I'm now realistic on what he'll produce this year.
Cunico has offered at least as much as Cuthrie. We have not missed him.
Don't care about Taylor. We now have a backline that can play the bigger grounds.
Taylor is just gonna hurt that.
Blitz and Stewart are a better combo than Taylor/Hendo. Provide more offensively, more run and get back quicker to cover.
Even today our defence didn't cost us at all. We were fuking destroyed out of the middle in the last. No defence could stop that.
Ablett is just icing to me.
I still stand by Menzel, Parfitt and Scooter were our biggest outs today.

Yeah I know was just wondering if a swan got a boot on it. I though the first bloke had to of had a pretty clear boot on it to be called a goal.

Yeah, Hayward got a boot to it, but it was a question as to whether it was over the line or not. Footage didn't seem conclusive to it being in play, for mine.

We desperately need Taylor or Henderson back. Stewart, Tuohy and Blicavs are battling admirably but that's about where it ends. Kolo is better than people think. It's the 5th and 6th defenders where we really struggle. Time for options like Black as much as I don't like the idea of him playing defence.

Our defence is bottom 4 atm. Teams can score way too easily.

Is there? Abbott (uncapped), Crameri and Smith. Not sure I’d class O’Connor as senior and the rest all have 0 games.

Abbott and Smith would replace Stanley so the kids argument is irrelevant here. So just Crameri. He probably should have played but given his fitness issues with no preseason he’d likely have been tanked a man short too haha

House has been in the system a bit and is a bit sturdier than Zuthrie.

But, I guess my thoughts are with the dropping of Menzel, replacing him with Zuthrie. I know Parfitt was the one, but with a seriously underdone Hawkins, another forward would have helped.

To be honest, Sav is our best ruck. Go with him, put someone else CHF who can crash a pack.

We desperately need Taylor or Henderson back. Stewart, Tuohy and Blicavs are battling admirably but that's about where it ends. Kolo is better than people think. It's the 5th and 6th defenders where we really struggle. Time for options like Black as much as I don't like the idea of him playing defence.

Our defence is bottom 4 atm. Teams can score way too easily.

I don’t think our defence is the true problem. It’s further up the ground.......

Imo, our defence has done well in the face of regular bombardments.

Hendo could be out all year, so perhaps we’ll get Taylor back, at best, and I’d swap him for Tuohy.

I don’t think our defence is the true problem. It’s further up the ground.......

Imo, our defence has done well in the face of regular bombardments.

Hendo could be out all year, so perhaps we’ll get Taylor back, at best, and I’d swap him for Tuohy.

Midfield defense. Opposition midfielders waltz through our tackles like nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back