Preview Rd17: Changes & prematch discussion vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s only one correct answer.

Clubs will be crawling over broken glass to get either goldy/preuss.

Brad needs to keep an eye on the future and it’s preuss

Imagine having a player that puts fear of physical punishment into other teams
I would be pissed off if we let Preuss go. If BBB is in doubt tomorrow it should have been Preuss or McKay left out today. His physical size down forward would be needed if BBB is absent.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

100% agree with that.

I'm not trying to witch hunt hrovat, but everybody wants our depth to get better but then backs the coach in when he plays smalls that dont kick goals or tackle and it's clear Brown is getting mauled by 3+ backs on every forward entry.

I'm not saying throw the season away to play kids, I'm saying make calculated changes to keep the team balanced and get games into kids/players deserving of a crack...

This. Dropping Hrovat isn't about playing the kids, its about selecting best 22. For me, he isn't best 22 so he shouldn't be selected. Murphy or LDU or Walker offer more for me

There’s only one correct answer.

Clubs will be crawling over broken glass to get either goldy/preuss.

Brad needs to keep an eye on the future and it’s preuss

Imagine having a player that puts fear of physical punishment into other teams
Personally I'd be keen for us to trade either Preuss or Goldstein, don't mind which. Goldy is the better player at the moment but he is older too. Preuss may end up being a better player but not completely convinced about that. It probably comes down to who wants to leave and which one gets an appealing offer. When is Goldys contract finished? Retaining both is overkill and would rather have a pick than keep both.

100% agree with that.

I'm not trying to witch hunt hrovat, but everybody wants our depth to get better but then backs the coach in when he plays smalls that dont kick goals or tackle and it's clear Brown is getting mauled by 3+ backs on every forward entry.

I'm not saying throw the season away to play kids, I'm saying make calculated changes to keep the team balanced and get games into kids/players deserving of a crack...

Yeah. Like I said - he's very lucky.

But we are right in this season right now. Who knows after tomorrow and especially after the following two games ... but right now we're in it up to our eyeballs and the idea that the coach shouldn't pick the side based on what he thinks is the best chance to win today is ludicrous. (I know I have a different opinion re the rat but I'm not coaching an afl team.) Right now the future is September not 2020 or whenever.

(And yeah based on that I'd probably pick a different team.)

Now I'm dreading the thought of Brown being out of this game and Larkey is left to the sharks as the only tall option forward without shifting Maj.

If there really are late changes this game is flushing itself down the drain, especially if Jacobs doesn't pull up. Its incredibly suspicious that Larkey, LDU and Murphy all weren't present at todays game even as observers.

I'm expecting the worst. This sends whatever plan Brad had into disarray, and he's not one to back unproven players as the backbone of winning it.

Personally I'd be keen for us to trade either Preuss or Goldstein, don't mind which. Goldy is the better player at the moment but he is older too. Preuss may end up being a better player but not completely convinced about that. It probably comes down to who wants to leave and which one gets an appealing offer. When is Goldys contract finished? Retaining both is overkill and would rather have a pick than keep both.
End of 19 for Goldy I believe.

GreatBradScott > Brads Scotts :stern look
Such a simplistic view.

Apart from Stevenson who is rising star favourite, all the rest are playing in bottom 6 sides that are struggling to win a game.
WC who are renown for not playing draftees has blooded at least 3 of this year's crop. BS plays it safe at the expense of development, no faith in these kids is his problem.

WC who are renown for not playing draftees has blooded at least 3 of this year's crop. BS plays it safe at the expense of development, no faith in these kids is his problem.
We're only one (LDU and Murphy thus far) behind and Morgan debuts tomorrow. That then makes us even.

If we win tomorrow we could be fifth - one game and percentage out of second place.

Are you seriously suggesting we should throw in the towel for the season?

We are fighting for a good spot in the eight with nine other sides, (ten if you count Richmond but we can't take their spot - I think theoretically we can get everyone else.)

Do we drop our heads and give up in the hope of having a good season next year or the one after or grit our teeth, gird our loins and drive a stake into the ground then tie ourselves to it?
Remember we are there because of other team losses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Goldy while his stocks are back up, keep Preuss. Keeps our longterm investment safe at home and gets us something back for the trade. Maybe not as much but who knows, clubs are deprived of ruckman right now and they'd do well with a former AA ruckman, they can't be picky. Pay us well with either trade.

But I'm dead set serious, the club will regret ever letting Preuss go in favor of a short term up & about Goldstein for just a couple seasons.

We're only one (LDU and Murphy thus far) behind and Morgan debuts tomorrow. That then makes us even.
Their kids are playing regularly, for their develolment we shove them in to fill a gap only when necessary

Gee. It's almost as if we didn't beat teams ourselves.

I must have dreamed wins against Hawks, Sydney away, GWS...
My point being that if teams didn't have unexpected losses today we would still be just out of the 8 and the finals would not be within reach.

My point being that if teams didn't have unexpected losses today we would still be just out of the 8 and the finals would not be within reach.

We've had unexpected losses (GC and *) that have done the same thing. Win them and we'd be playing for a chance at top spot tomorrow.

Also - we're out of the 8 cos of an unexpected loss to another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back