Preview Rd17: Changes & prematch discussion vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play players that could add less value and maybe not ready? Goldy can ruck all day so no point playing a 2nd ruck. Pruess will get his chance.

McKay - like his brother is a few years away years away yet. We are still in the hunt for a good finish not sure picking a younger weaker team is the best tactic.

Doubt that will be at North, Goldy has at least 3 years left in him. Xerri will takeover from there. Preuss will get offers, hopefully the Blues and we'll get an early second rounder.

Doubt that will be at North, Goldy has at least 3 years left in him. Xerri will takeover from there. Preuss will get offers, hopefully the Blues and we'll get an early second rounder.
Unless Goldy goes down, its fanciful to think Preuss will get his shot...

I would prefer to keep both Preuss and Xerri, especially if Xerri keeps working at his forward craft, but looking more unlikely as the season gets on...

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

This. Goldstein is having a great year and his personal issues look to be behind him. His injury record is good, hardly ever gets injured. Its good that Preuss is improving in the VFL but he's nowhere near Goldsteins level. I'd be happy to trade Preuss for a 2nd rounder given the quality of the draft, plus Xeri seems to be improving quickly and Maj is great backup.

Can't wait for the "you're being naive" reply, but if a contender losse its first choice ruckman, tg becomes worth his weight in Salt.

Can't wait for the "you're being naive" reply, but if a contender losse its first choice ruckman, tg becomes his weight in Salt.

I don't disagree Plonk, North would be more than happy to keep Preuss in the VFL for years I'm sure, not so sure Preuss will be happy playing VFL for years. Preuss will be the one asking for a trade I'd suggest.

Such a simplistic view.

Apart from Stevenson who is rising star favourite, all the rest are playing in bottom 6 sides that are struggling to win a game.
Sure they’re bottom 6 but the coaches still think they are up to playing AFL football. But we play Hrovat. Doesn’t matter where you are positioned you play guys that are up to playing. I certainly don’t believe in gifting players games and I don’t think any AFL coach does either, there for we have picked the only player not up to regular AFL. OR Scotts is fricken conservative!!

I don't disagree Plonk, North would be more than happy to keep Preuss in the VFL for years I'm sure, not so sure Preuss will be happy playing VFL for years. Preuss will be the one asking for a trade I'd suggest.
Wrong thread for it, but would the club consider shipping Goldy off now that he has value again so that we can retain and use our young stocks for the long term?

Sydney, Hawthorn, Melbourne or West coast would take him in a Queens minute.
Mostly Melbourne (if that's not being racially insensitive). They are g9ne if max goes down
Yeh thought the same..touch wood
Mostly Melbourne (if that's not being racially insensitive). They are g9ne if max goes down.

Desperation is an ugly bedfellow.

Hrovat is neither here nor there

He’s not the reason why we win or lose

I’d be more worried if we had 12 Hrovats like Carlstink
We will have what looks like 12 hrovats if we dont give any inexperienced players games at some stage...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong thread for it, but would the club consider shipping Goldy off now that he has value again so that we can retain and use our young stocks for the long term?

There’s only one correct answer.

Clubs will be crawling over broken glass to get either goldy/preuss.

Brad needs to keep an eye on the future and it’s preuss

Imagine having a player that puts fear of physical punishment into other teams

There’s only one correct answer.

Clubs will be crawling over broken glass to get either goldy/preuss.

Brad needs to keep an eye on the future and it’s preuss

Imagine having a player that puts fear of physical punishment into other teams
Even without the aggression he is simply dominant in the ruck. Just compare the ages of the two. I would have thought it would be an easy decision now that the odds of us getting something substantial for goldy have risen.

Not sure we are maximizing our chances by playing hrovat lol

I believe there could of been a bit more flexibility in selection over the last few weeks considering we have no talls to choose from up forward...

That's fair enough. I agree to a point as well. (I don't like calling for players to be dropped but he is very, very lucky to be playing.)

That's not what I was reacting to tho.

Paul Ahern has been playing with 60% game time on the dot every week because we the coach are is concerned with the long term future not winning every week. For example.

That's fair enough. I agree to a point as well. (I don't like calling for players to be dropped but he is very, very lucky to be playing.)

That's not what I was reacting to tho.

Paul Ahern has been playing with 60% game time on the dot every week because we the coach are is concerned with the long term future not winning every week. For example.
100% agree with that.

I'm not trying to witch hunt hrovat, but everybody wants our depth to get better but then backs the coach in when he plays smalls that dont kick goals or tackle and it's clear Brown is getting mauled by 3+ backs on every forward entry.

I'm not saying throw the season away to play kids, I'm saying make calculated changes to keep the team balanced and get games into kids/players deserving of a crack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back