Apples' Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there in spirit, but I'm working all week.....even bloody Friday so I'm relying on others for the updates.
Mate you have done a great job all year.
I only hope that all your efforts are rewarded on Saturday. Not all together selfishly.
The great thing about being a Woodsman is that in every corner of the country in the most unexpected places are others, the people who share your passion and your dream.

We are all special you know, all us crazy footy supporters.
It's what binds us.

Thanks for your contributions.

Mate you have done a great job all year.
I only hope that all your efforts are rewarded on Saturday. Not all together selfishly.
The great thing about being a Woodsman is that in every corner of the country in the most unexpected places are others, the people who share your passion and your dream.

We are all special you know, all us crazy footy supporters.
It's what binds us.

Thanks for your contributions.
That will put a spring in my step for the next few days; very kind of you.
Go Pies!

Apples grrat work all season.

You're a good man.

May we all celebrate together - arm in arm

:)

Me at Training Yesterday:

42670232_783432068715286_4452166921554493440_n.jpg

42580871_783432095381950_5862378154265411584_n.jpg

Me at Training Yesterday:

42670232_783432068715286_4452166921554493440_n.jpg

42580871_783432095381950_5862378154265411584_n.jpg
Love it Dave.

Happy times.

Tomorrow Dave we all (hopefully) celebrate together.

We’re one big family and you’re our brother :)

Go Pies :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now, if we are lucky enough to win tomorrow, wouldn't it be great if we were to be gracious winners and avoid generating the loathing that Richmond supporters attracted with their overweening arrogance after a win.
And if we lose, we take it like good sports, without nasty recriminations and accusations directed at our players.

Training Report: No.1, 2018-2019.

In every heart there is a room
A sanctuary safe and strong
To heal the wounds ...........

Dunno why Billy Joel’s poetry ran through my head this morning. There I was walking across the MCG bridge to the Holden Centre, and bang! Returning to the scene of the latest Collingwood heartbreak Onwards and upwards Pie People!

Training:
Reid, Phillips, Cox, De Goey, Adams, Sier, Madgen, Mihacek, Appleby, C Brown,
T Brown, Daicos, Wills, Stephenson, Murphy, Crocker, Varcoe, Will Kelly, Atu Bosenavulagi, Issac Quaynor,

The new recruits were training for the first time; Issac and Atu moving like cats. So good to watch!
Will Kelly’s a big boy, but looks pretty raw.

I watched The Irish boy Keane closely. He and Quaynor were coached by Robert Harvey initially. The drill was to retrieve a ground ball and avoid the tackle of an opponent. Quaynor is strong and very agile. Stood up in the tackles.
Keane was concerned with the grass ‘burns’ on his lower back, courtesy of a Quaynor tackle. Would he have ever had one previously?

He looks like a beauty this boy. Tall with big strong legs and surprising agility. He trained on the Glasshouse side so we got to see a fair bit of him.

The first thing I noticed were his sure hands. After the stretching exercises the players ran to the river end where they lined up for ball drills. Players were called towards a trainer who rolled a bouncing ball toward them. Keane retrieved the ball from his bootstraps without missing a beat, every single time.

Kelly and Toehill were down st the river end and I don’t have anything on them.

Could Josh Daicos have shrunk? Maybe it’s an illusion due to his bulked up shoulders and arms? Looked very small all of a sudden.

Speaking of bulking up, Nathan Murphy doesn't appear to have changed much, but his upper body was covered, so we'll wait and see on that. He is still growing though.He's the same size as Mihacek now and I'm pretty sure he wasn't a year ago. Can anybody confirm?

Atu Bosenavulagi is the same height as Taylor Adams but bigger in the thighs. Very strong through the hips and lightning fast.

This time last year I watched Brandon Sier closely. I remember thinking how good he looked and how well he was moving. But would he be any good or was I being seduced by a great smooth mover? Today I wondered who would be the next Braydon Sier out there.....the player to surprise us to take the next step.

Appleby trained impressively and dare I say it.....Ben Reid looked as good as I’ve ever seen him. Sprinting full pace all session.

Callum Brown and DeGoey did running work on the Glasshouse side.

Oh yes, I forgot to add, Bucks was back.
View attachment 589520 View attachment 589521 View attachment 589522

View attachment 589515
How did Sier look today Apples?

Will Kelly was out there? I must have missed seeing him. I didn't think he could run yet less alone train because of the injury he acquired? Didn't he say he will be seeing a surgeon soon to get the go ahead?

Good pick up. Stress fractures in his ankle wasn't it. May still have been out on the oval without participating in the drills.

Good pick up. Stress fractures in his ankle wasn't it. May still have been out on the oval without participating in the drills.
That's right. While it was quite a few players to keep track of, I just didn't see him out there. Unless he was with the coaches and I didn't notice.

I agree that Reid was running very nicely and swiftly.

Apples youve mentioned Murphy has grown.....

oh.... there’s a whole thread about Murphy and growing...

Now you’ve done it....

:)

Wells in the glass house eating hotdogs?
With a few glasses of cab sav.

God I hope he gets his body right, stars and silences a fair few. In terms of how much he's been knocked on this board recently, I'd love him to become this year's Chris Mayne redemption story.

That's right. While it was quite a few players to keep track of, I just didn't see him out there. Unless he was with the coaches and I didn't notice.

I agree that Reid was running very nicely and swiftly.
I think he might be confusing Tohill (who is a big boy) with Will Kelly. I didn't see Kelly out there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back