Preview Round 4 - Changes/Prematch Discussion vs Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott has had just 4 turnovers from his 42 disposals for the year and is the hardest defensive runner in the side.

Meanwhile there's a player who's had 24 turnovers from his 85 disposals.

So great work selection committee, let's keep playing the guy who gives it to the opposition 1 in 3 times. And even though our disposal has been atrocious this year, let's drop the player who has the lowest number of turnovers per possession (1 in 10) in the side.

Stoked to see Ahern, Anderson and Zurhaar back.

But it’s ridiculous that McKay, Scott and Tyson have been made the scape goats.

Brad, how’d about you make a statement a drop one your blessed children in Turner, McMillan or McDonald.

Didn't you hear yesterday's presser from Brad? It was all those pesky "new" players fault we've been playing poorly. Not for one moment is it the poor skills of the established players.

Im 50/50 on McKay - I dont think he is defending very well despite doing ok on that Irish Hawks guy on the weekend. He is not impacting a contest at all and is looking very unbalanced in any physical contest. In saying that, I would have thought we would need him when the crows have 3 talls in Tex, Jenkins and Lynch.

Durdin really picked a great time to almost cut his finger off - he would finally be getting some games and instead he gets to sit and watch.

I really like the 4 ins though. They make us a much better side

One of their 3 big forwards is gonna have a field day. I'm betting it's whichever JMac gets to guard grass in the general vicinity of. People forget that Tom Lynch has kicked 10 goals in an AFL game. Jenkins has a bag of 8, while Tex has kicked 7.

McDonald look him to the cleaners last time he played ok him, reckon they’ll go with that match up again

The changes are decent, the only difference I would make is to to keep Tyson in and omit Turner. I appreciate he tackles and provides pressure, but in my opinion small forwards need to do more than just that. He needs to improve on kicking more goals or providing more assists. In regards to McKay, I was at the Brisbane game and he made a lot of rookie errors by not being pro-active enough. He let his opponent have free run and jumps at packs and was caught out of position multiple times. A week or two back in the VFL just to give him confidence is probably not a bad thing, as when he was at his best last year in the VFL he was very pro-active.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you imagine Brad Scott ever dropping a player like Gibbs? would never happen.

Good midfielders love playeing aainst us, i think they all have career high brownlow votes against us.
Only Jacobs could slow that down.

The statement I’m getting is that he’s picked the side to win? Tyson was a statement, he was playing as a defensive mid and we were getting slaughtered out of the middle.

Brad Scott: ummm this week we need to make a statement by dropping our most inexperienced defender, I vote Ben McKay!

Match selection: but Brad, our issues have been our smaller half backs, medium defenders and the crows play three tall forwards.

Brad Scott: BFE38E6F-3FCD-4BC6-95FF-D7D11F432720.gif

He MUST be putting Thompson on Walker, and when Walker goes high Thommo will drop off.

I reckon Atley WILL actually go to the backline this week.

View attachment 652411

Not sure. Thompson has played on Betts most times we’ve played them. Also, one of the reasons Betts is struggling is because teams have been playing bigger marking type defenders on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back