Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's interesting comparing Scully and Wingard.

Scully is a machine - it's been nice to watch his huge work ethic and the improvement from his first game to the next. Glad he's on our team.

But Wingard - I seriously can't wait to see what he pulls out of the bag against St Kilda. This guy has me hyped. At a time when we're slowly developing a highly organised, mechanical outfit - Wingard strolls through and adds the unpredictable class every champion side needs.

He's an instinctive footballer, capable of the sublime....I believe that's what people mean when they say he has X-factor.....Both he & Sizzle possess that element of magic to their games.

The Chads ability to get ball to boot, is quicker than most.....His reflexes & spatial awareness are extraordinary.

He had a lot of that instinct coached out of him by a bunch of buffoons in the last couple of years. While still having to tow the team line, of course, I’m sure Clarkson is smart enough to deploy Chad in a “just do your thing” type capacity

Can’t tell if you’re being serious or not
We pay overs at the time. You guys have benefitted from us. I thought a second rounder was too much for impey, and we slightly overpaid for chad. No one else would pay a top 10 and 3 second rounders for a broken down O’Meara who hadn’t played in 2 years and was still a year away from playing any meaningful footy. We’ve paid overs in a few, and unders in a few. Generally we pay up if we are really after someone

Scully is a machine - it's been nice to watch his huge work ethic and the improvement from his first game to the next. Glad he's on our team.

But Wingard - I seriously can't wait to see what he pulls out of the bag against St Kilda. This guy has me hyped. At a time when we're slowly developing a highly organised, mechanical outfit - Wingard strolls through and adds the unpredictable class every champion side needs.

Wingard is one of those guys that you pick in your Dream Team that averages 90 then gets 70 one week and 110 the next. Doesn't go completely missing but goes big. If you asked me blind 'What did Luke Breust do on the weekend?' I would assume he had about 15 touches and kicked 2 or 3 goals. That's usually his thing, with a few games of 4 each year. If he gets 20 touches or kicks 5 or 6 he's had a day out and will probably poll Brownlow votes, then he'll go back to being consistently Mr 15 touches, 2-3 goals.

Wingard on the other hand if you mangle his career highs together has this:

39 disposals
27 kicks
12 marks
5 goals
14 inside 50s
10 clearances
10 tackles

BOG from Wingard could mean 30 touches in the middle, or it could mean a bag of goals from a dozen touches without leaving the forward 50.

I thought he was harshly marked last year. 21 touches and a goal a game and leading his team in inside 50s is a pretty good 'poor' year. Was really surprised Port let him go (and that Hawthorn put Burton up for trade), though it seems to have worked out well for all parties in the end.

Hawks are actually very fair traders and pay to get their man.

Mitchell fair and done quickly.
O'Meara seemed overs in getting the currency to give Gold Coast what they wanted which was entertaining.
Wingard seems fair.

Both Scully and Wingard were under contract and allowed to explore their options. I haven't seen any sooking from GWS or Port about being ripped off. Also gave away Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis for nothing.

The current rules do make trading fairer. Adelaide would have felt stooged trading Jack Gunston but the AFL introduced compromised drafts before future pick trading so what are you gonna do when the first round goes to pick 26?

Mitchell fair and done quickly.
O'Meara seemed overs in getting the currency to give Gold Coast what they wanted which was entertaining.
Wingard seems fair.

Both Scully and Wingard were under contract and allowed to explore their options. I haven't seen any sooking from GWS or Port about being ripped off. Also gave away Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis for nothing.

The current rules do make trading fairer. Adelaide would have felt stooged trading Jack Gunston but the AFL introduced compromised drafts before future pick trading so what are you gonna do when the first round goes to pick 26?

If you want to talk about being hard done by, then try being given pick 19 for Buddy, when other options were there on the table before the AFL, who themselves drafted the 'manifestly insufficient' stipulation insofar as compensation rules went.....Only to then duly ignore them, when it was staring them in the face.

The HUN can crap on about 'heists' all they like....But the real 'heist' was done by the AFL & the corrupted VLAD, right then & there....And that was twice we were fleeced by both VLAD & the Swans 2 years in a row.....See the 2012 finals 'flip' on a whim, in gifting the Swans all of our hard won first placed draw & rights.

Fat VLAD was as corrupt as they come....He only hung around as long as he did, for his extra millions bonus.....Fat toad.

If you want to talk about being hard done by, then try being given pick 19 for Buddy, when other options were there on the table before the AFL, who themselves drafted the 'manifestly insufficient' stipulation insofar as compensation rules went.....Only to then duly ignore them, when it was staring them in the face.

The HUN can crap on about 'heists' all they like....But the real 'heist' was done by the AFL & the corrupted VLAD, right then & there....And that was twice we were fleeced by both VLAD & the Swans 2 years in a row.....See the 2012 finals 'flip' on a whim, in gifting the Swans all of our hard won first placed draw & rights.

Fat VLAD was as corrupt as they come....He only hung around as long as he did, for his extra millions bonus.....Fat toad.
Agree with all that. I do feel like Gill is no better unfortunately.

But I guess we are all on this forum because we are passionate football fans. And we are all fully aware the AFL are a corrupt organisation.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Oh I can’t wait to revisit this post at a latter time
You can't wait till a player has a down game(s) to quote it and say hahahahaha?

He did have a determination and steely look. Something to prove.

Same with Burton, who is doing great so far. Shall I revisit when he looks lackluster or goes missing, or should we both be happy there's so much upside for everyone with the trade?

I know what I'd rather be spending energy on.

As each game and season passes this will look worse and worse. I said at the time that it was two Top 10 picks, or nothing. The fact that the relationship between club and player got so bad that they both wanted nothing to do with each other anymore is just another black mark to add to the very lengthy list. Pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, I was seriously waiting for Wingerz to pull something out of the bag today and he let me down. All I got was 10 miserable possessions and the distinct impression that Chad is going to stroll through his inflated contract without a care in the world about letting down his supporters.

Shiel >>>>

You know, I was seriously waiting for Wingerz to pull something out of the bag today and he let me down. All I got was 10 miserable possessions and the distinct impression that Chad is going to stroll through his inflated contract without a care in the world about letting down his supporters.

Shiel >>>>

Yet the week before, he turned the game on a dime. Ease up.

Yet the week before, he turned the game on a dime. Eased up.
He certainly did, and no obvious excuse for it.
Take a moment and look at the Ferrari that knocked you back. I know it hurts that he chose Essendon but he's a credit to professional footballers and the way a lot if them go about it. Meticulous is a good description.

He certainly did, and no obvious excuse for it.
Take a moment and look at the Ferrari that knocked you back. I know it hurts that he chose Essendon but he's a credit to professional footballers and the way a lot if them go about it. Meticulous is a good description.

It took Shiel 4 weeks to finally turn it around....Chad's only in his second week at a new club & returning from injury, which caused him to miss much of the late pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back