Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Who’s going crazy?

I’m just responding to a statement made implying he wasn’t as good as he’s being made out to be because he was “towelled up by a second gamer” last week.

And pointing out that even legends of the game have an off day and can be beaten by just about anybody.

If you want me to go “crazy” I’d be saying Cripps is the best midfielder in the afl bar none, he’s be the first player picked if you were starting a team from scratch by a country mile and I’d take Cripps in his prime over Ablett every day of the week.... but I’m not saying that... well... 😉
Abletts a beautiful player goal kicking machine
Cripps though better mark and probably takes points contested ball

Both elite of their generation

I’m biased but I’d opt Ablett for now

Abletts a beautiful player goal kicking machine
Cripps though better mark and probably takes points contested ball

Both elite of their generation

I’m biased but I’d opt Ablett for now
It was tongue in cheek, Ablett has been an unbelievable player. And to still be doing what he is at his age is testament to how talented he is.

Although don’t know about the bolded, nothing probable about it.

I think once you get to that level of generational type of player, true superstars, the difference in talent is minuscule. What sets them apart is leadership, and Cripps is the type of character you’d gladly go into battle for.

People can have bad games mate.

Correct.
And people can have extraordinary games that make spectators massively overreact.

Surely if someone was actually daylights ahead of anyone else in the comp they wouldn't have a bad game, that what happened today would be the absolute minimum required week in and week out.

Cripps is superstar no doubt, but daylight ahead of everyone else is a joke of a statement.

Correct.
And people can have extraordinary games that make spectators massively overreact.

Surely if someone was actually daylights ahead of anyone else in the comp they wouldn't have a bad game, that what happened today would be the absolute minimum required week in and week out.

Cripps is superstar no doubt, but daylight ahead of everyone else is a joke of a statement.
Who is better?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a national tragedy he's not playing for a decent club. Will go his entire career winning only personal achievements and not play a final.

The people laughing at this thread can look forward to having egg in their faces when it's bumped up after he takes out a brownlow.. And I would be pretty confident he will win multiple brownlows.

If Carlton were winning games and doing well he would look even better.. Which is scary to think he has alot more potential, I believe he is the perfect moden player.. And will continue to dominate..

Freo fans need to get over Fyfe, He is no Cripps.. Build a bridge.

Aaron Joseph absolutely blanketed Garry Ablett in his hey day - to the point where Ablett was on record saying that he was the most difficult opponent he’s had.

You’d be right in thinking “who?”

Bit of a myth, he kept Ablett to ‘only’ 34 disposals in a game where we beat them comfortably in 2010.

Still too much of a gap between his best (which is as good as anyone's) and his worst to be considered the best imo but yes he's amazing to watch when he's feeling it. Hopefully Carlton can surround him with some quality players soon because he really deserves to play in a winning side more often.

Also needs to come up with a new goal celebration

The way people talk about his poor games you would think he was the Shaun Marsh of the AFL.

His 2 worst games of his career have come in the last month, and clearly not the norm.

He’s certainly in the top 5 or so afl players. Just glad one of these super human performances got us over the line rather than another honorable loss.

Helps when you have a coach who bothers to put your best tagger on the oppositions best midfielder

The people laughing at this thread can look forward to having egg in their faces when it's bumped up after he takes out a brownlow.. And I would be pretty confident he will win multiple brownlows.

If Carlton were winning games and doing well he would look even better.. Which is scary to think he has alot more potential, I believe he is the perfect moden player.. And will continue to dominate..

Freo fans need to get over Fyfe, He is no Cripps.. Build a bridge.

He's no Ben Griffiths either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back