Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

McGovern will be off the books in a year or two, while witches hat Lynch plods along in for another 4 years earning 1.2 mil in a rebuilding team. (1.5 mil in his final year - ouch)

Ugly.

He does plod a bit … I heard he’s slowed down by the 2 x shiny medallions he wears around his neck 🥇🥇

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Lynch deal is a shocker and it’s only getting worse, “champ”.

You do realise he kicked 60-goals in 2019 including 5-goals in a come from behind PF win don’t you? So we don’t win 2019 without him, and not likely 2020 either. So let me think about my choices …. no pricey Lynch contract from 2022-25 and 1 flag, or a big Lynch contract and 3 flags.

I’m going to have to get back to you … I’ll have to sleep on it as that’s a tough one.

The funny thing is we’ve just come off a dynasty and have 6 x picks inside 50 in a strong draft. Our future actually looks brighter than Carlton’s.

Oh, and coming off the books over the next 1-3 seasons : Cotchin, Riewoldt, Houli, Astbury, Edwards, Lambert and Caddy, so loads of cash for everyone…. the management of our list and TPP has been superb.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Saad Williams and McGovern..oh dear :oops: oh and don’t get me started on Martin
From what I read at the time:
Saad is between $650-700k, which was supposedly around $50k more than Ess offered him. No big deal.
Williams was around $700-750k, again, supposedly around $50k more than GWS had tabled. No big deal.
Not sure on any numbers around McGovern but also remember hearing that it wasn't for a lot more than what he was already on at Crows. Regardless, based on output and number of games played, hard to justify, but he was recruited as a 3rd tall behind Harry and Charlie, but all three have barely been on the park together.
Martin was an average of $600k over the duration of the contract, but heavily front loaded for 2 years. As of next year, he's likely to be on $500k or less for the next 3.

At the end of the day, I couldn't care less what individual players are getting paid. There are people getting paid a lot more money than me, who are a lot smarter than most of the trolls on here, whose job it is to manage player contracts and salary caps. As long as it doesn't stop us from retaining required players, or chasing other targets.
Given we have been able to sign up Cripps and McKay and reportedly are still able to chase another big name player this offseason, I'm not too worried about that. All of this would have also been taking into account that Walsh is up for a new deal at the end of 2022, so he will be factored into all of that, and our player retention has been pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back