Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure exactly what you're saying here, but I have Parfitt way ahead of Constable at this point in time.....

It doesn't really matter ..neither atpit look iron clad certainties for A graders.. thats was the point.. at this stage of young still have plenty of reputation to build ..and someone looking in would not see to many mids under 25 that would be in that mold of a star like Cripps etc. They may become it ..just not there yet. Parfitt has show glimpses.. but really has been rather demure this year imo.

It doesn't really matter ..neither atpit look iron clad certainties for A graders.. thats was the point.. at this stage of young still have plenty of reputation to build ..and someone looking in would not see to many mids under 25 that would be in that mold of a star like Cripps etc. They may become it ..just not there yet. Parfitt has show glimpses.. but really has been rather demure this year imo.
Parfitt started a bit slowly this year, but has his last game in particular was fantastic.

Not sure exactly what you're saying here, but I have Parfitt way ahead of Constable at this point in time.....
Sorry, I was saying with a more long-term view in mind. I think Constable could be a big accumulator, and I think his DE will be better.
But I think both will be solid foot soldiers, probably not world beaters.

Parfitt started a bit slowly this year, but has his last game in particular was fantastic.

His last game? Richmond? I cant say it was anything more than he was doing statistically ...

His figures are not to far away from where abletts were at the same age 3rd year.. so certainly not anything wrong atm..

So if we lose Kelly what does that do to our age profile? ... A player like Steven will only add to the fossil end of the list ... and adding a lot of fresh faced pimple squeezers that struggle to get up for 16 games in the VFL will hardly help us much in 2020 either... does it hurt the feel of our side that is starting to feel like it has a nice spread of players perfroming at their best in their premium years..?

Im all for going to draft , Probably depends on the kelly deal but 3 kids in the top 25 would be attractive to me... and coping the the short term pain but .... something tells me the club will not sit on its hands. Obviously they like the idea of Coniglio but he may be just a bit too costly for us... and thats even if he selects us..

So which way do we think we will go..?

I think of the options and assets available the draft will be the place we land - although with the rumored quality less than that of last year ( with Clark @15 more like a 7-8) I’d see us use collateral a bit in 2019 but also look to gain assets in following years in terms of future picks too.
So push a pick to a later year and trade out of this year - using our ladder and finishing position as a hedge to slide down from top 2 to top 6 (after potential retirements and trades etc)
Just another way to stay up now with what we have, pick something high this year but then have the ammo to go again year after allowing for thst fact that a top 2 finish might not happen again in 2020.

Go Catters

I think of the options and assets available the draft will be the place we land - although with the rumored quality less than that of last year ( with Clark @15 more like a 7-8) I’d see us use collateral a bit in 2019 but also look to gain assets in following years in terms of future picks too.
So push a pick to a later year and trade out of this year - using our ladder and finishing position as a hedge to slide down from top 2 to top 6 (after potential retirements and trades etc)
Just another way to stay up now with what we have, pick something high this year but then have the ammo to go again year after allowing for thst fact that a top 2 finish might not happen again in 2020.

Go Catters

The top end of last year was abnormally good so this year is probably more back to a more normal year.

I like the idea of futures for sure..not so much as a down on this year but becuase what I think next year may have more appeal.. Obviously Id like for us to go hard at King..but maybe an extra couple of pick next year may be handy for Henry jr if available etc.

I guess I have to look at the pick we are swapping to get into next year... If others expect us to finish top4 .. I doubt that someone like Gold Coast will be trading their R1 pick to us..

Man ..I watched a bit of the nba draft ..it seems a very common practice to leverage the next year... certainly could be one way to go especially if we are probably 12 months off having more holes to fill than this year.

I reckon we have our eyes on a player who isn't named Stephen Coniglio. Who that is is anyone's guess.

I'm convinced now that Kelly is considering Freo with both Hill's on the way out. It's going to be an interesting off-season.

At a guess I'd say Jack Steven will be in Geelong colours next year with another high caliber player from another club joining him.

I reckon we have our eyes on a player who isn't named Stephen Coniglio. Who that is is anyone's guess.

I'm convinced now that Kelly is considering Freo with both Hill's on the way out. It's going to be an interesting off-season.

At a guess I'd say Jack Steven will be in Geelong colours next year with another high caliber player from another club joining him.
As long as it doesn't cost the world Steven would be a great addition. Might enjoy playing the odd game without a tag too.

As long as it doesn't cost the world Steven would be a great addition. Might enjoy playing the odd game without a tag too.
2nd or 3rd round pick on compassionate grounds would be my guess.

Do you know anything specific about the Hills? as in both to GC ? I floated that previously ..the youngest one would cost a bit ..but then clear away any obstacle in getting TK... Id say after a settling in period ... Gold Coasts big trade from Freo is starting show its worth.. Id guess they are sick of early picks going and are willing to pay to thicken up their side.

That would considerably change any potential change and what we decide to do with what we get for him..

Do you know anything specific about the Hills? as in both to GC ? I floated that previously ..the youngest one would cost a bit ..but then clear away any obstacle in getting TK... Id say after a settling in period ... Gold Coasts big trade from Freo is starting show its worth.. Id guess they are sick of early picks going and are willing to pay to thicken up their side.

That would considerably change any potential change and what we decide to do with what we get for him..
The older one is on his way to the GC from reports and Brad will go back to Hawthorn to replace Smith.

I reckon we'll end up with Hawthorn's 1st pick in the draft.

2nd or 3rd round pick on compassionate grounds would be my guess.

I think it would depend on how much of his money we take... it could easily be a Scully type deal if we take all his money.. I suspect a pick like an R2 sounds about right maybe he agrees to spread his money.. not sure on the tech side of it ... but if we are to go down the path of the boomerang falcons then we probably need to listen if one comes to us saying they would like to return. He probably presents a bit like Ablett (in a way). mentioned as a trade 12 months previous and then looks to be perhaps past it a bit .. I know you have your reservations but I feel a refreshed , and healthy ..and much fitter Steven would obviously be one of the best replacements we could get if Kelly goes.

If Bews goes as a FA ..would he get a R2 pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have him for 800k on multi-year deal no probs... Scooter can be taken off list to VFL squad, there is a 450k saving there. I think he'll command more than that though, closer to 900k or 1m on long term, and maybe 1.2-1.4m on shorter term deals from NM or Saints, etc.

I doubt he'll go to Carlton, but I think he's mates with O'Meara at Hawks? WCE could be in the hunt, but only if they don't land TK I assume.
Coniglio will get dustin Martin type money. I.e. 6 years @ $8 million.
I'd go to freo if I was him.

I think it would depend on how much of his money we take... it could easily be a Scully type deal if we take all his money.. I suspect a pick like an R2 sounds about right maybe he agrees to spread his money.. not sure on the tech side of it ... but if we are to go down the path of the boomerang falcons then we probably need to listen if one comes to us saying they would like to return. He probably presents a bit like Ablett (in a way). mentioned as a trade 12 months previous and then looks to be perhaps past it a bit .. I know you have your reservations but I feel a refreshed , and healthy ..and much fitter Steven would obviously be one of the best replacements we could get if Kelly goes.

If Bews goes as a FA ..would he get a R2 pick?
Bews would be more in the R3 range. I can't see him leaving anyway.

The older one is on his way to the GC from reports and Brad will go back to Hawthorn to replace Smith.

I reckon we'll end up with Hawthorn's 1st pick in the draft.

I wonder why both would want out. He flagged that move last year. Do you think Haw would really want him back using their R1 ..when they have not used an R1 for so long? Do they have other priorities than a winger?
I guess they may ..Haw have thought about the draft like a 12 year old lollie eater thinks about a trip to the dentist for a long time now.. I can see how that makes sense for the players ..especially if both are unhappy at Freo.

Haw 1st is what ... 8-10 ? It would have to be 8-10 plus Freos .. maybe something going back sort of gives us two mid R1 picks.. ?

I can't see any reason for us going for Steven.
Yes we were looking at him last year. But now that we've changed up the midfield and injected youth I can't see a need.

We need to develop constable, Fogarty, and parfitt through that area instead.

Haw 1st is what ... 8-10 ? It would have to be 8-10 plus Freos .. maybe something going back sort of gives us two mid R1 picks.. ?
It'll be something like that I reckon.

I can't see any reason for us going for Steven.
Yes we were looking at him last year. But now that we've changed up the midfield and injected youth I can't see a need.

We need to develop constable, Fogarty, and parfitt through that area instead.
We're obviously still contending given our position this year. If we lose Kelly we'll want a ready made replacement.

Agreed, but I don't see Steven as a replacement.
He's about as good as we're going to get from a midfield perspective and will thrive in a midfield where he wouldn't get tagged. I still reckon we have our eyes on a key position player from somewhere.

He's about as good as we're going to get from a midfield perspective and will thrive in a midfield where he wouldn't get tagged. I still reckon we have our eyes on a key position player from somewhere.
If I had to pick one key position player to sell the farm on it would be hipwood.

We are going to need defensive talls. But I think you can get them via FA etc. and they are cheaper.
I'd pay overs for hipwood right now. 22 years old.

Both Kelly's picks and a top end $ contract.
I have no idea where he's from btw.

We're obviously still contending given our position this year. If we lose Kelly we'll want a ready made replacement.

While we bring in an Ablett and we also are seeing guys like GyronM getting games then I have no issue with a blend of recruitment. Basically If the kid is good enough ..they will push thru .. but short term .. its unlikely we find another Kelly in draft .. and they will not want to just fall away..

If I had to pick one key position player to sell the farm on it would be hipwood.

We are going to need defensive talls. But I think you can get them via FA etc. and they are cheaper.
I'd pay overs for hipwood right now. 22 years old.

Both Kelly's picks and a top end $ contract.
I have no idea where he's from btw.

he was a qld academy player.. cant see that happening but one can always try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back