Traded Paddy Ryder [traded to St Kilda with Dougal Howard]

Remove this Banner Ad

nothing from the saints about this Deal being Done. still not confirmed IMO

How can it be?

Trade period has not commenced and Ryder will only involve a late pick, and so exactly what late pick will be available will not be known till late in the piece when the other more important trades are down (ie INS Hill...then perhaps Jones and Keath - OUTS Bruce and Steven).

Has chosen Saints. Will sign a 2 year deal on below average salary.

Can't see him costing too much. I think Port have a heap of 4th rounders this year so maybe a future 4thh rounder.

I think if form permits then both Marshall and he play in the same side, otherwise we've got a cheap back up for Marshall for a couple of years.

Ryder injury riddled?

Did he even have an injury this year?

Seems to have been pretty durable over his career and would not have missed a great deal of games through injury

Serious? Big achilles problems these past two years. Hence Port giving him away.

Ryder injury riddled?

Did he even have an injury this year?

Seems to have been pretty durable over his career and would not have missed a great deal of games through injury
Hope the club has done better research than the supporters lmfao

Must have just been all those peptides that have got him to 240 games lmfao
Are you deliberately being obtuse? Ryder's had numerous issues with his achilles over the years and has noted it's an ongoing issue last year. You should probably read up on your big fish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you deliberately being obtuse? Ryder's had numerous issues with his achilles over the years and has noted it's an ongoing issue last year. You should probably read up on your big fish.
Who's claiming he's a big fish? I Think we all know there's a fair chance he'll be playing at Sandringham for fair chunks of it.

Suggesting he is injury riddled is way off though. Many players struggle with different things, but he's played 20 games this year and a total of 243 over his career. Not exactly what I'd call an injury riddled player.

Anyone of that age is going to have a few body issues but he would have been a handy pick up for your mob which is exactly why you were chasing him.

Big fish? He is cheap back up ruck who will only cost a very late pick.

An actual Big Fish I am sure will cost at least one first rounder, otherwise well the are just not Big Fish ;)

Hope the club has done better research than the supporters lmfao
He didn't miss a single game in 2019 due to injury.

Was hoping he would come for 1 year but did not want to guarantee 2.
Considering he had a one year offer at Port, you'd have to be pretty dense to think he'd pack up and move his family for no additional time.

Who's claiming he's a big fish? I Think we all know there's a fair chance he'll be playing at Sandringham for fair chunks of it.

Suggesting he is injury riddled is way off though. Many players struggle with different things, but he's played 20 games this year and a total of 243 over his career. Not exactly what I'd call an injury riddled player.

Anyone of that age is going to have a few body issues but he would have been a handy pick up for your mob which is exactly why you were chasing him.
Ryder has had a recurrent achilles problem that dates back to his time at Essendon. It quite clearly still affects him; if you had watched him during his prime and what he has been the past couple of years the difference is crystal clear. His jump and his mobility, both formerly were key traits, are now diminished to the point where Scott Lycett has surpassed him at Port Adelaide.

Adam Cooney played 250 games, would anybody in their right mind suggest his career wasn't curtailed by injury?

People seem to forget how good Ryder was at his peak. If he wasn't half of what he used to be, he wouldn't be fighting for two year deals as a backup ruck.

He didn't miss a single game in 2019 due to injury.
Adam Cooney played 20 games for Essendon in 2016.

Ryder has had a recurrent achilles problem that dates back to his time at Essendon. It quite clearly still affects him; if you had watched him during his prime and what he has been the past couple of years the difference is crystal clear. His jump and his mobility, both formerly were key traits, are now diminished to the point where Scott Lycett has surpassed him at Port Adelaide.

Adam Cooney played 250 games, would anybody in their right mind suggest his career wasn't curtailed by injury?

People seem to forget how good Ryder was at his peak. If he wasn't half of what he used to be, he wouldn't be fighting for two year deals as a backup ruck.

Adam Cooney played 20 games for Essendon in 2016.
His Achilles injury was so bad at Essendon that he went on to make the AA team in 2017...

Scott Lycett is a good player at the peak of his powers. Ryder is 31. No one's claiming he's going to get back to his best footy at his age, but he's a handy addition to a side that doesn't have a back up ruck and he'd be a handy addition to a club that has Bellcambers as their first ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back