Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

He said he'd develop as a defender as a then he'd go forward after he built his frame.

This was what he said. First half of his career isn't exactly a small period of time, and the last comment doesn't read well for Luko if he wants to play as a forward.

“I think he can play where he is at the moment, down back, for quite a while and develop his game,” Cameron said.
“When he gets a bit more strength through his body, he’s going to be a 195cm rebounder.
“I think that’s where he’ll play the first half of his career and then he might develop as a forward after that.
“But with his ability to read the ball and long-term become a good intercept mark, it’ll be hard to move him out of the back-half.”

not if you don't have to. If Lukosius has indicated that he won't be signing a contract extension, then GC know Adelaide are able to offer more than they are likely to in a year's time and maybe a swap with them for B Crouch could work well. But I don't see it happening as Crouch only today has been unequivocal that the rumors he is looking to leave are bullsh1t
Luko has indicated he won’t sign a contract extension?

He hasn’t yet. Not sure that equates to he has indicated he won’t. If I was him I’d be giving myself another half season for further improvement and drive up my asking price.

Bailey smith, Caldwell, Hately have all indicated they will reject any contract extensions too I guess.

No one in the entire world thinks that is enough.

Given the fact North are likely to finish bottom 6, if not bottom 4 in 2020, i would think that The Crows would pull the trigger, mind you, he only wants to Gold Coast if he leaves The Crows

I just loved the attitude of the Suns dude yesterday.
"We don't be trading pick 1 or 2 for Crouch, and we think Luko is going to be a good player so we wont be trading him either"
Hasn't quite come to terms with the whole trading thing.
Crouch is going to be expensive. Its ok for GC to say they need to make a stand with Luko and King that they can't keep allowing talent to leave, but then Adelaide also has to make that same stand as well.
Its gonna be either 2020 first, Luko, 2020 pick 11 and this years pick 15, or either 1 or 2 this year.
Otherwise, GTFO.

He hasn’t yet. Not sure that equates to he has indicated he won’t. If I was him I’d be giving myself another half season for further improvement and drive up my asking price.

Bailey smith, Caldwell, Hately have all indicated they will reject any contract extensions too I guess.
Lol. GC has put a number of extension contracts to Luko to sign and he hasn't signed any of them.
That doesnt mean he won't sign an extension some time down the track, but at this point he has refused to extend his contract, as has King.

Lol. GC has put a number of extension contracts to Luko to sign and he hasn't signed any of them.
That doesnt mean he won't sign an extension some time down the track, but at this point he has refused to extend his contract, as has King.
At this point, yes. That’s clear.

We’ve put a number of contracts in front of him? Quite possibly. How do you know what’s been put in front of him though?

maybe i should have put the word if in 36 font, bold and underscored..because it seems you might have missed it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide Supporter on Trade Radio just now:

M Crouch, B Crouch & Greenwood

For

Picks 1, 2, Lukosious and Rankine

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Trade Radio keeps on giving.

Also, don't know if it has been discussed on here.

But if Adelaide want to bring Grundy in as a FA next year, that completely voids their compensation pick and they could potentially lose Crouch for nothing if he decides to up and leave.

A lot of 'ifs' in that scenario, but interesting none the less.

Last edited:
The way I see Crouch's value is quite similar to Prestia when he left the Suns.

Prestia imo (could be biased) is the better player, but both players with a risky injury history. Prestia went for pick 6 with a second round pick upgrade coming back the other way.

There's no way Crouch is worth pick 1 or 2. He's probably worth 7-10 or a couple of late firsts/early second round picks.

Prestia imo (could be biased) is the better player, but both players with a risky injury history. Prestia went for pick 6 with a second round pick upgrade coming back the other way.

There's no way Crouch is worth pick 1 or 2. He's probably worth 7-10 or a couple of late firsts/early second round picks.
Funny that. I think of he surprises us and does go to the Suns, pick 6 will be involved.

Trade Radio keeps on giving.

Also, don't know if it has been discussed on here.

But if Adelaide want to bring Grundy in as a FA next year, that completely voids their compensation pick and they could potentially lose Crouch for nothing if he decides to up and leave.

A lot of 'ifs' in that scenario, but interesting none the less.

UNless Grundy has committed to Adelaide next year they wouldnt be banking on that at all

Crouches value is being determined by what Adelaide will receive next year if he was to leave as a RFA, if they dont get more than that he will stay on a lower wage this year and leave next year. Brad is disadvantaged by his wage, adelaide is advantaged by getting another year and a good pick as a RFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back