Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
year of the cat In reply to your post in the draft forum.

Who GWS take at 4 is the question? Few rumours it could be Young. Cats are also said to be now hunting a high pick to potentially use to take Flanders with.
Do you not think GWS are covering Green.?

Kennerley ahead of Jarvis. Both have 12 months to step up. Henry, O'Connor and Miers came from nowhere in their second year. Narkle was a complete bust in the early viewings for mine, but now?

Was just looking up Jack Steven to refresh my memory on his stats and was surprised that he played 0 games in his first year, 1 in his second and 8 in his third. After that he was away! Think we’re all guilty of forgetting how long it takes kids to develop! (unless your name’s Joel!)

Edit spelling

year of the cat In reply to your post in the draft forum.

Do you not think GWS are covering Green.?

GWS are hoping to get a pick in before the Green bid. Hence they want pick 3. If they aren't after the same player as us then there's no need for us to bust our balls to get pick 3 - we can trade for 4 or more likely 5 instead.

GWS are hoping to get a pick in before the Green bid. Hence they want pick 3. If they aren't after the same player as us then there's no need for us to bust our balls to get pick 3 - we can trade for 4 or more likely 5 instead.
Ok, who are you spending that top 10 pick on.? I think that we may have tried to get there last year & missed, this year I wouldn't be quite so proactive.

Edit - I would make GWS spend it on Green, he looked a class above in the u18's I seen.

Last edited:
Ok, who are you spending that top 10 pick on.? I think that we may have tried to get there last year & missed, this year I wouldn't be quite so proactive.

Flanders is the kid that we're apparently after. Clearance machine that can go forward and kick a goal. Will be likely taken in the first 5 picks.

Flanders is the kid that we're apparently after. Clearance machine that can go forward and kick a goal. Will be likely taken in the first 5 picks.
See above, I edited my post.

I like Flanders very much, said he outplayed Rowell when he was on him in the mid & did well when he was moved (more than once in the champs, also played behind the ball). The query I have is, he is a mature bodied player now, how much improvement can be expected.?

Tom morris on the fox trade show don’t rule out the cats for Josh Jenkins really late when Ralphy was saying there was absolutely zero interest in the AFL for him.

Not fussed but we simply don’t have a list spot for him

Last edited:
Mitch Cleary who we all know has the best links into the club of any jurno said on the fox trade show don’t rule out the cats for Josh Jenkins really late when the Ralphy was saying there was absolutely zero interest in the AFL for him.

Seriously, TR has been trying to sell Jenkins all week.

Mitch Cleary who we all know has the best links into the club of any jurno said on the fox trade show don’t rule out the cats for Josh Jenkins really late when the Ralphy was saying there was absolutely zero interest in the AFL for him.

That wasn't Mitch Cleary. It was Tom Morris who has nfi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Flanders very much, said he outplayed Rowell when he was on him in the mid & did well when he was moved (more than once in the champs, also played behind the ball). The query I have is, he is a mature bodied player now, how much improvement can be expected.?

Good question. I'm not sure about scope. But Rowell also has a mature body so perhaps you could say the same with regard to him?

Same question was asked of dusty

What about the WB who need Picks under 24 for Keith and Bruce

13 & 32 for 17 & 24.

Leave us with 13, 14, 32, 36 and Steven. They should get Bruce for 17 and Keith for 24.
They seem to have gone cold on Keath - he did a medical and they found a stress fracture in his leg

He's now had surgery on it but apparently the Dogs haven't been in contact - at least with Adelaide, since the medical

Hey mate Smith has plenty of Christ in his life.

d913e218cf77fae851462561bbe4c0e3.jpg

I think there’s a bit of value in the middle of the draft this year. The likes of Ryan Byrnes, Zak Pretty, Darcy Chirgwin, Sam Philp, etc.

Chirgwin looks a typical Wells pick up. A 191cm mid, missed the champs coming off a broken leg. Played for Sandringham all year and averaged 25 disposals, 8 tackles, 5 clearances, 3 inside 50s. Not featuring in many phantoms at this stage. Could be a value get late.

Here’s a write up on him from earlier in the year:

Impressive stats.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back