Resource 2020 planning thread - mistakes, corrections, research and projections

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That midfield looks really good man. Personally I think Dunkley could just about be the number 1 mid this season, but let’s keep that quiet. I’ve had Brayshaw in and out of my side. Don’t know whether his big season was just an aberration or not. What do you see him averaging? Priced at 88, possibly 20 unders if he got back to 2018 form

I'd be happy with 102-105

I'm not super confident with him but he helps the structure alot. He Avg 116 over 16 games from memory in 2018

I like the dees picking up Tomlinson, Langdon and strongly considering Bennell aswell as these guys will take up the wings and half forward positions with an eye of Brayshaw, Oliver and Viney onball

I'd be happy with 102-105

I'm not super confident with him but he helps the structure alot. He Avg 116 over 16 games from memory in 2018

I like the dees picking up Tomlinson, Langdon and strongly considering Bennell aswell as these guys will take up the wings and half forward positions with an eye of Brayshaw, Oliver and Viney onball
Surely after the media backlash of how bad he was last year, as well as the Dees being terrible, they’ll go back to putting him where he finished 2nd in a Brownlow? I’m treating him as an expensive mid pricer with a best case scenario being a cheap premium midfielder

Surely after the media backlash of how bad he was last year, as well as the Dees being terrible, they’ll go back to putting him where he finished 2nd in a Brownlow? I’m treating him as an expensive mid pricer with a best case scenario being a cheap premium midfielder
Every time Angus scored well last year the Dees got beaten... wonder if there could still be some rotting eggs in the Demons clutch? as the Paul Roos mantra erodes completely away.

Thoughts on Lycett? Surely goes 90+ rucking solo

Will sort the rest of my team and if money is spare I'll be taking Lycett over Jacobs.

But still somewhat concerned they'll make him share with Ladhams/Framptom at some point.

But yes, his numbers solo (without Ryder) are very appealing.

Will sort the rest of my team and if money is spare I'll be taking Lycett over Jacobs.

But still somewhat concerned they'll make him share with Ladhams/Framptom at some point.

Frampton is no longer at the club so no issues sharing with him.

When doing final tweaks its really hard to justify keeping whitfield in my side.

Eg. Whitfield + Townsend Vs Martin + Dawson (adding some coin leftover from the kitty to make that happen). Surely the latter 2 win 9 times out of 10 though?

I just can't see Whitfield being the superstar he was in 2019 again. I think 2018 is a more appropriate assumption. Take out his 190 and 160 field days when they were missing a lot of their stars and you've got a stock standard premo left.

I honestly think he'll be a 100-105 average player in 2020.

Kelly / Coniglio / Ward all missed chunks of time in 2019 and are all anticipated to front up in R1. Add to that guys like Greene / Taranto / Hopper / Perryman plus newbies Hately / Green and Ash rotating through the middle.

It seems naive to assume that the following all lifted their scores for any reason other than Kelly/Coniglio/Ward missing.
Greene later half +30-40 average when he was in the middle;
Taranto +20 from 2018;
Whitfield + 13 from 2018;
Perryman +20 from 2018.
Hopper +15 from 2018.

I just can't get on board the idea that Whitfield is a 110+ lock each week. In fact I'd wager all of the above are overpriced in 2020.

But then forward line is a shambles so it's handy to lock and leave at least 1 spot.

When doing final tweaks its really hard to justify keeping whitfield in my side.

Eg. Whitfield + Townsend Vs Martin + Dawson (adding some coin leftover from the kitty to make that happen). Surely the latter 2 win 9 times out of 10 though?

I just can't see Whitfield being the superstar he was in 2019 again. I think 2018 is a more appropriate assumption. Take out his 190 and 160 field days when they were missing a lot of their stars and you've got a stock standard premo left.

Kelly / Coniglio / Ward all missed chunks of time in 2019 and are all anticipated to front up in R1. Add to that guys like Greene / Taranto / Hopper / Perryman plus newbies Hately / Green and Ash rotating through the middle.

It seems naive to assume that the following all lifted their scores for any reason other than Kelly/Coniglio/Ward missing.
Taranto +20 from 2018;
Perryman +20 from 2018.
Hopper +15 from 2018.

I just can't get on board the idea that Whitfield is a 110+ lock each week. In fact I'd wager all of the above are overpriced in 2020.

But then forward line is a shambles so it's handy to lock and leave at least 1 spot.
For me it's more a case of Whitfield being so much better than the rest and not wanting to leave 10-20 points on the table (and potentially 60+ with his ceiling)

Taranto +20 from 2018;
Perryman +20 from 2018.
Hopper +15 from 2018.

Taranto is the one i find interesting... How much more improvement does he have left in him?

Frampton is no longer at the club so no issues sharing with him.

What about Hayes?

And will Hoff impact Lycett's ruck time?

What about Hayes?

And will Hoff impact Lycett's ruck time?

PAFC27 probably the man to answer that but I wouldn't think so.

He's not really a ruckman and add to that the fact he's 33yrs old.. he's got no place in the ruck.

I like Westhoff off a wing personally and providing that link to forward entries. But given his age he'll probably spend more time as a swingman up forward when needed or down back defending the resting ruckman or tall forward.

EDIT: Who is Hayes? haha. Never heard of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Double checked Lycett's numbers:

2019 average 83.3
Average with Ryder in the side (13 games): 74.8
Average without Ryder in the side (5 games): 105.4.

Jacobs will presumably average around 80-85 so there's a potential extra 15-20ppg on offer there for only an extra ~$105k.

PAFC27 probably the man to answer that but I wouldn't think so.

He's not really a ruckman and add to that the fact he's 33yrs old.. he's got no place in the ruck.

I like Westhoff off a wing personally and providing that link to forward entries. But given his age he'll probably spend more time as a swingman up forward when needed or down back defending the resting ruckman or tall forward.

EDIT: Who is Hayes? haha. Never heard of him.
Big draft slider a few years ago and highly rated rated internally. Sam Hayes will play a few games this year and likely would have already had it not been for am ACL year. Could be a nice bench rookod. Just can't see neither Ladhams or Hayes affecting Lycetts scoring too much given how young they are

Taranto +20 from 2018;
Perryman +20 from 2018.
Hopper +15 from 2018.

I keep coming back to this as well. There is an argument that he is underpriced though due to a couple injury affected games.

One thing I will say though, just like Grundy last year, if you don’t start with him it’s going to be bloody hard bringing him in

Big draft slider a few years ago and highly rated rated internally. Sam Hayes will play a few games this year and likely would have already had it not been for am ACL year. Could be a nice bench rookod. Just can't see neither Ladhams or Hayes affecting Lycetts scoring too much given how young they are
I get the feel Port will play both Lycett and Ladhams. Ladhams signed up for a few more years despite offers elsewhere. I can only assume he was given some assurance he would play more (like he did after signing on last year).

With Howard out, I feel they will play Ladhams/Lycett as the resting ruck up forward

Rarely see any North Melb fans on this fantasy forum so not sure if I’ll get an answer to this but here goes. Wondering if anyone has any insights into how Shaw being coach will change the current lay of the land for north players. North have often been a bit of a wasteland in regards to fantasy selections. Rarely more than 1-2 relevant players in recent years. Will he play more kids or could the scoring be higher? I know Shaw is focusing more on the defensive side of the team according to the North board. Wondering how people think that’ll affect their fantasy scoring. Obviously not expecting anything of the Ross Lyon variety

No one as keen on ROB at R2 as I am?

I’ve had him at R2. He’s 70% locked for me. If I need coin I’ll go down to Lycett, but hoping I can keep ROB there. What do you see him averaging? Think we need to get within 5 points of Gawn to be a season keeper
I have him around 105 if Adelaide keep their 1 man ruck structure

Am I reading this right that Bailey Williams of West Coast is only available as a defender? He's never played defence in his life! Would have been the ideal 170k R3

No one as keen on ROB at R2 as I am?
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back