List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JW will be for pick whatever the highest bombers have, we will be giving his contract to Higgins, we need his $$ off the books.
Dunstan is off to the Blues...
We are heavily into Hurley as Carlisle replacement and Lones is out the door also but I think we are all thought that was the case anyway...
Adelaide won’t match Crouch, compo pick will then upgraded to our 15 as part of a trade

Webster is a good player.

This actually hurts our depth.
I like Webster, but him leaving is not much of an issue. It probably actually helps our salary cap. He signed his current deal - which has two years to run - on the back of multiple top ten b&f finishes, so it's likely he's on 500k a year or so. Having depth is good, but that's a big chunk of our salary cap to someone outside our best 22. Particularly when Roberton, Savage and McKenzie are all also eating up cap space as depth. Keeping one or two of those players would be handy, but we definitely don't need all of them.

JW will be for pick whatever the highest bombers have, we will be giving his contract to Higgins, we need his $$ off the books.
We are heavily into Hurley as Carlisle replacement and Lones is out the door also but I think we are all thought that was the case anyway...
Adelaide won’t match Crouch, compo pick will then upgraded to our 15 as part of a trade
I assume that still constitutes having a first round pick (for purposes of the 2 in 4).

Will be interesting if it’s Seb Ross, hope we try and get a player in the swap and not just a pick in this year's draft.
Tippa is the only gettable player I would want from that seething mire, Draper and that fella who won't the B&F too but we'd have to give up more than Ross.

Funnily enough, I think Seb is a dream come true for their club, he's got the pedigree, he's squeaky clean and well spoken, a handsome young rooster that could be used for promos galore, he would be an acceptable face on an organisation trying to go straight.

As far as the player Seb fitting into the Dons team, I've no idea.

But he's a "required" player, contracted, decorated and so far a loyal one-club pure-bred coaches dream. Essenton must pay, one second round pick is not enough. I'd personally take a mid range first, but expect the club to bend Dorodo over a little more and get a 3rd or 4th thrown in too.

Thanks mate. I’ve been saying this all along and the Crows ferals having been going me!

On the money in 2018 with Gubby Allan too.

fu** BigFooty.

That’s it, I’m done.

I went to watch my nieces dance concert this morning and one of the routines was focussed around flamingos. Couldn’t get JohnnyRay out of my head the hole time and all I could hear was “can go any club”.

This place will cook me before trade period ends.
I hear you mate.

In a team meeting at work this week, I meant to say (about a decision we had to make that was a 50/50) it could “go either way”.

I ended up saying, “can go any way.” 🤦‍♂️

This place messes with your head around trade time.

What trade could we do with Crows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be too upset if Seb Ross leaves, despite winning a couple of B&Fs he's still a soft vanilla type of midfielder, we won't win a flag with him in the team.

It could be an issue for our midfield depth if both him and Dunstan leave but I would expect us to trade in another experienced midfielder along with Crouch like Parker or Treloar to help balance out those losses and hopefully the likes of Bytel and Byrnes will push up to stake a claim for a midfield spot as well.

I used to be one of Webster's biggest fans. There was a time when he was the player I was sure would be our next All Australian. But the blokes body can't handle the rigours of footy.

He's not a great depth option because he's likely to be unavailable when needed.

If he is on a 2 year deal at $450k+ then he is an ideal salary dump.

If we get a 4th for him it is a win. We really don't need more depth in this area but if we really did we could go and get Marley Williams or Jasper Pittard on minimum wage.

If Jimmy is happy to go, all the best to him.

Yeah Webster is expendable, he's not a bad player by any means but he won't get a look in for our team unless we cop injuries to our half backs and Savage is ahead of him as a back up half back option, if we can move him on for a 2nd or 3rd round pick and a salary dump it will be a win for us.

yeh but how can you justify a trade of eg . Dunstan and 18 to Adelaide for pick 22? It’s the reverse of what a trade should look like .

fu** BigFooty.

That’s it, I’m done.

I went to watch my nieces dance concert this morning and one of the routines was focussed around flamingos. Couldn’t get JohnnyRay out of my head the hole time and all I could hear was “can go any club”.

This place will cook me before trade period ends.

I've been out of the loop, what happened to Higgins being a lock for Geelong?

Edit - oh wait nevermind, must be Jack Higgins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back