Banter RDT 155 - Can’t mess with tradition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the blokes in our office needs these so he stops getting caught by the boss being on his phone when he should be working.

“One of the blokes in our office.....”

I've got some Bose QC35II phones for work and they're a game changer. I do stream a lot of music from my PC though as my mobile plan was pretty sh*t on data (recently rectified) so I have been planning on getting a Bluetooth USB dongle to pair the phones to my PC. Hoping that works..
I'm on my second pair of these which I used to use for work travel (obviously a thing of the past), the first pair my wife now has (series 1). Love them but I find them no good for work (too noise cancelly) or exercise (too bulky). Looking for something for exercise at the moment - have some cheap Sony ones but they don't stay in my ear at all when exercising

I have these after having the samsung ones before (one fell out similar story) and the audio technica ones because they half twist into place are lodged by the ridge in your ear so are never a chance of coming out. I got mine on pre christmas sale for 99 dollars from jb hifi and thoroughly recommend.
Might have to give those a try.

“One of the blokes in our office.....”

Not me, despite what larrikin says about the excellent noise cancelling quality!

I'm on my second pair of these which I used to use for work travel (obviously a thing of the past), the first pair my wife now has (series 1). Love them but I find them no good for work (too noise cancelly) or exercise (too bulky). Looking for something for exercise at the moment - have some cheap Sony ones but they don't stay in my ear at all when exercising

Might have to give those a try.

Yeah they are excellent for noise cancelling, but after moving from a workplace where I had my own office with full height walls and a door to relocating to a semi-open plan office where the noisy *ers I work with refuse to reign it in, I really enjoy that function. I can deep dive on some tunes and really concentrate on what I'm doing, which is pretty critical.

I only wear them at my desk, as opposed to roaming around the office with them on. As for exercise, I can wear these on the spin bike, but beyond that I don't think they're suitable. They're also bulky and make your head hot which is not ideal for exercise. In this regard I wear them out of necessity due to waking up at 5am and not wanting el toddler to wake up to my music. Long term the ear buds are the go. My wife uses those ones from JB as well, also paid $99 and she raves about them.

Apple earphones don’t sit in my weird ear holes properly, which is why I would never invest the stupid amounts of cash to buy AirPods.

These are what I want to get, but they aren’t available in Australia for some reason -
Mine were airpod pros, which are like normal in ear ear phones

Yeah they are excellent for noise cancelling, but after moving from a workplace where I had my own office with full height walls and a door to relocating to a semi-open plan office where the noisy f***ers I work with refuse to reign it in, I really enjoy that function. I can deep dive on some tunes and really concentrate on what I'm doing, which is pretty critical.
I have recently done the same (stupid PC open plan policies) but find the Bose just a bit too visual for work. I also find music on a moderate volume with normal ear buds at least means I can tell if someone is trying to talk directly to me.

Last edited:
Azealia Banks put a video on instagram of her digging up her dead cat and boiling it. This girl needs to be an institution

Is she the one that Russell Crowe chucked out of his hotel room a few years back and she played the race card?

Yep

She seems like she is a few sandwiches short of a picnic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might as well kill 2 birds with one stone

Wireless headphones are in the same category as sunnies for me. Flash ones are nice but basic ones will do the job just fine and not make me lose my sh*t if I lose them or break them.
I like the cut of your jib. Cheap products are fine if they are effective, brand labels are for the sucker class.

On a related note, can someone explain to me how and why headphones ever came back into vogue? I'm talking the bulky type that you can wrap around your neck when not in use, as opposed to earphones. I seem to remember it happening, say, a decade ago. My Dad used to rock some massive headphones back in the 70s to plug into his stereo system, but then the 80s arrived and people began, sensibly, using earplugs to plug into their walkmans (walkmen?). Headphones, when a product like airpods/earphones are readily available, seem like nothing more than a fashion accessory. Maybe that's the point?

I like the cut of your jib. Cheap products are fine if they are effective, brand labels are for the sucker class.

On a related note, can someone explain to me how and why headphones ever came back into vogue? I'm talking the bulky type that you can wrap around your neck when not in use, as opposed to earphones. I seem to remember it happening, say, a decade ago. My Dad used to rock some massive headphones back in the 70s to plug into his stereo system, but then the 80s arrived and people began, sensibly, using earplugs to plug into their walkmans (walkmen?). Headphones, when a product like airpods/earphones are readily available, seem like nothing more than a fashion accessory. Maybe that's the point?
Some people dont like using ear buds and prefer the sit on top style.

I think more for comfort. I find buds can make my ears sore sometimes. Also they probably fall out of some peoples ears easily.

Yep, they fall out of my ears all the time :(

I also wear glasses so the over the head ones also get uncomfortable over time :( But I prefer that to them constantly falling out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back