25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Would the club be brave enough to trade out Hill? Clearly it is not working out
Wouldn't go that far yet. Needs to be dropped for the next couple of games to find form in the VFL. Just because he's on big bucks doesn't mean he should be an automatic selection in the senior team.

Yeah nah we don't need a little 'manlet' like zach merritt at all.

Fmd.

Our midfield is genuinely embarrassing outside of steele, ryder and marshall.
Yeah , why would you want a bloke that has pace , can get the ball and even better still hit targets , Nah our experts on here think he is a Manlet unlike our guns , Steele excused

Yeah nah we don't need a little 'manlet' like zach merritt at all.

Fmd.

Our midfield is genuinely embarrassing outside of steele, ryder and marshall.
Yeah , why would you want a bloke that has pace , can get the ball and even better still hit targets , Nah our experts on here think he is a Manlet unlike our guns , Steele excused
There aren't too many on this thread that have said they wouldn't take Merrett.

There were plenty against trying to go for him last year as he would have cost us the world.

The manlet call is a long running joke on here but with the size of our midfield the last thing we need now is another average big bodied mid.

Doubt Merrett has any interest in coming to St Kilda though.

There aren't too many on this thread that have said they wouldn't take Merrett.

There were plenty against trying to go for him last year as he would have cost us the world.

The manlet call is a long running joke on here but with the size of our midfield the last thing we need now is another average big bodied mid.

Doubt Merrett has any interest in coming to St Kilda though.
An Average big bodied mid LOL He is far from average .
The Manlet maybe a joke but plenty of sheep followed along but yes your right about him not wanting to come to us , we keep playing like we are and no one except broken hacks will want to come to us

An Average big bodied mid LOL He is far from average .
The Manlet maybe a joke but plenty of sheep followed along but yes your right about him not wanting to come to us , we keep playing like we are and no one except broken hacks will want to come to us
Lol, I wasn't reffering to him when I said the last thing we needed was an average inside mid. The point I was making as that his lack of size shouldn't be an issue because we have average big bodied inside mids.

Go back through the thread an 99% of posts are in support of chasing him. Hard to find anyone saying they don't want him because he's too small

Last edited:
Lol, I wasn't reffering to him when I said the last thing we needed was an average inside mid. The point I was making as that his lack of size shouldn't be an issue because we have average big bodied inside mids.

Go back through the thread an 99% of posts are I support of chasing him. Hard to find anyone saying they don't want him because he's too small
I wasnt having a crack at you Bird , i can remember plenty of people making fun of his size , no doubt the same blokes who wanted Kelly, anyway its clear we need to inject some speed and kicking skills into this team with the new rules we are slow as all feck

Not trade related but we really should be looking at bringing in a good defensive assistant.

Thought we really missed a chance to get someone with so many assistants getting let go of on the move due to covid.

Sammy Hammil seems like a great bloke but he's had no success in any role he's had as far as I'm aware.

Not sure if Leppitch has left the game for good but he'd be ideal.

Not trade related, draft, With Gresham out for the year, how many spots on the Senior list will we have now?
We had 3 prior to the injury, not sure if that means we can take 4 or not.

I'd be taking a swing at a few and seeing if we can't get a gem in the rough.

I said last year our drafting was confusing. We went in needing a key defender, quality mid and a ruck. We came out with a key forward and another 3rd tall defender.

Hopefully there is a late bloomer amongst them that fits those needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had 3 prior to the injury, not sure if that means we can take 4 or not.

I'd be taking a swing at a few and seeing if we can't get a gem in the rough.

I said last year our drafting was confusing. We went in needing a key defender, quality mid and a ruck. We came out with a key forward and another 3rd tall defender.

Hopefully there is a late bloomer amongst them that fits those needs.

I got my hopes set on the mid year draft.

I got my hopes set on the mid year draft.
It’s the perfect year to have a terrible start, given the talent from Vic that went undrafted last year, who would have been had they been able to play and put their cases forward. You could get someone very good with a top 5 pick there.

Guys like Steele and Paton went undrafted in their draft year and were picked up the following year.

And of course the older types like Tim Kelly, Liam Ryan, Luke Ryan, Cal Wilkie, Roma and Mihocek etc.

Players we could of selected instead of brad hill:

Kosi Pickett
Will day
Mitch georgiadies

And retained Acres. It’s looking like another real shocker.
Its looking like a putrid trade
He has added nothing and is only at club for money and nothing else

The thing is with Hill, not one of us could say with a straight face he wasn’t an absolute gun at Freo.

The way he played there, he looked like exactly what we needed (and still need).

I don’t blame the club for making the trade: it was a no-brainer to try and get a player like him in. I still have absolutely no idea what is going on with him/why he isn’t performing.

Hanners on the other hand was just dumb. His body was obviously shot when we got him in. Like pissing cash up against the wall.

I’m a massive fan of jumping at shadows. It’s what keeps me entertained. On that basis - years end and we miss finals. Teams like Melb, Sydney, Dogs and say GC have gone straight past us. What do we do? We have one first round pick and no second. History suggests only one bigger name player gets traded. Who would you trade to acquire some more high picks? Or would you try to grab yet another bigger name trade?

I’d love to take back the trades of Hanners & Hill, but we’re stuck with them. No one is taking them on the money their on.

What’s left? The glaring one is Billing’s. Off contract and a RFA. Would be worth a first round. Who else? I’m all ears. Any suggestions are welcome. Including the toys from the cot.

I’m a massive fan of jumping at shadows. It’s what keeps me entertained. On that basis - years end and we miss finals. Teams like Melb, Sydney, Dogs and say GC have gone straight past us. What do we do? We have one first round pick and no second. History suggests only one bigger name player gets traded. Who would you trade to acquire some more high picks? Or would you try to grab yet another bigger name trade?

I’d love to take back the trades of Hanners & Hill, but we’re stuck with them. No one is taking them on the money their on.

What’s left? The glaring one is Billing’s. Off contract and a RFA. Would be worth a first round. Who else? I’m all ears. Any suggestions are welcome. Including the toys from the cot.
Billings - Ross are the obvious ones

Would like to go after Dunkley - Merritt and Noah Andreson

Billings - Ross are the obvious ones

Would like to go after Dunkley - Merritt and Noah Andreson
Ross not worth much. Cap space perhaps.

The ones above are 2 x 1st rounders. Billing’s & our first would get Merrett. Bombers would then on trade the picks for Dunkley.

I’m not sure we have much currency to trade with, but I’m holding draft picks. We need to inject some more elite young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back