Lifestyle Paddocks and Plates - Share your Garden and Kitchen Tips and Pics 🌱🍑🥬🌶

Remove this Banner Ad

Lamb. Mediterranean style.

Marinate in olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and dried oregano, salt, pepper, juice of half a lemon and 5 cloves garlic.

As the lamb nears being done, boil up some kipfler potatoes. When done, slice them lengthways. Put some curly endives across a v. large serving plate, then the sliced kipflers, then the lamb.

Dress the sauce which is about 150ml oil, 50ml red wine vinegar, juice of half a lemon, tsp dijon mustard, salt and pepper, and 1 clove garlic, crushed. Whisk really well, warm on stove, but don't boil. When warm add 16 ligurian olives halved, 150g crumbled fetta and 1/2 bunch fresh oregano, leaves plucked. Stir through gently and pout over lamb, potatoes and endives.

It's absolutely magic.

1617949157005.png

Marinate in olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and dried oregano, salt, pepper, juice of half a lemon and 5 cloves garlic.

As the lamb nears being done, boil up some kipfler potatoes. When done, slice them lengthways. Put some curly endives across a v. large serving plate, then the sliced kipflers, then the lamb.

Dress the sauce which is about 150ml oil, 50ml red wine vinegar, juice of half a lemon, tsp dijon mustard, salt and pepper, and 1 clove garlic, crushed. Whisk really well, warm on stove, but don't boil. When warm add 16 ligurian olives halved, 150g crumbled fetta and 1/2 bunch fresh oregano, leaves plucked. Stir through gently and pout over lamb, potatoes and endives.

It's absolutely magic.

View attachment 1097980
Wiggy I gotta tell you, your chilli jam is a massive massive hit with everyone I have gifted a jar to, this thread was worth it just for that 👍🏻
I’ve modified it for a sweet tomato chilli sauce as well to use up the rest of my tomatoes, everyone is asking for more. So a big thanks for that, will be a staple in our house every season now.

Last edited:
Stuff we picked from the garden for Easter weekend, we had pumpkin soup, herb foccacia, salad, whiting my bro-in-law caught and Croatian biscuits.

6EE94827-D1F2-4B61-B7DA-FCFE078C609A.jpeg

We've still got plenty of pumpkins growing but most of everything else is finished now and I’ll be planting some winter stuff like beans, cauliflower, spinach etc.

Stuff we picked from the garden for Easter weekend, we had pumpkin soup, herb foccacia, salad, whiting my bro-in-law caught and Croatian biscuits.

View attachment 1098130

We've still got plenty of pumpkins growing but most of everything else is finished now and I’ll be planting some winter stuff like beans, cauliflower, spinach etc.
What are Croatian biscuits?

Making some more today, they go great with beer :D

Recipe! They look really good and shortbread is awesome.

I made a Magic Cake last week which is just a fancy name for custard cake that has 3 layers after cooking. I use Almond milk in this recipe to make it dairy free. My friend went back for 3 helpings of it so might make it again this weekend.

It's absolutely magic.

View attachment 1097980
1618019668180.png
1618019688850.png
Wiggy I gotta tell you, your chilli jam is a massive massive hit with everyone I have gifted a jar to, this thread was worth it just for that 👍🏻
I’ve modified it for a sweet tomato chilli sauce as well to use up the rest of my tomatoes, everyone is asking for more. So a big thanks for that, will be a staple in our house every season now.
That's what it's all about!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's absolutely magic.

View attachment 1097980

Can't stand lamb chops, but lamb roast is a meat from heaven. Especially shanks

Can't stand lamb chops, but lamb roast is a meat from heaven. Especially shanks

If you like shanks, Coles sometimes stocks shank only meat minus the bone. Grab one of those packet mixes of curries from an Indian grocery store, fry onions and a tbsp of ginger garlic mix, add to slow cooker for 8 hours and just wow.

If you like shanks, Coles sometimes stocks shank only meat minus the bone. Grab one of those packet mixes of curries from an Indian grocery store, fry onions and a tbsp of ginger garlic mix, add to slow cooker for 8 hours and just wow.

Coles lives in the next town. And I don't go to the next town, they can go to hell

I live in Atherton on the Atherton Tablelands, Mareeba is the name of the dustbowl next town. Atherton has been rated as the best place to grow plants in Australia too by the way all you green thumb enthusiasts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back