List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:

kade has gone onto a train on gig due to his back issues, that is the only reason he didn't get picked up, 11 colts games 8 of those in the top 4 best,2 ressies games got a BOG and a 2nd best, 3 states games and polled in the top 4 best...not a bad season for a boy that hadn't played the game for 2 years

Thanks Kade

whinging about the future fourth is looking for something to complain about. We have one first rounder, two second rounders and a third rounder already for next year and add to the fact teams start passing in the 4th.

Imagine had we missed out on him.
Its not about the future 4th its about the awareness or lack of awareness of our recruitment department .

It is the club as a whole having dropped the ball on multiple occasions

Without someone like Rawlings or glass to steer the ship the old nuffies or nisbetts cooked son are making stupid mistakes that are costing us small things that collectively could cost us a future success or even a flag

1. Kelly trade - we had a guy only coming to us and we paid way overs . It cost us good young draftees i

2 . NGA . We failed to list Erasmus and arthur . It didn't cost us with Erasmus but we could have had Arthur for cheap

3 6 year deals ? They don't help the club at all that 4 now with GOV , gaff , Kelly and barrass

4 Harry edward had a different guernsey. I mean WTF this is a massive * up for a professional organisation

5 Chesser - we could have - drafted Johnson or got at least another future 2nd as he wasn't meant to go until mid 20s

6 Chessers jumper being 3 sizes too big . WTF

7 Using a future 4th to trade up for Clark?

We have seriously lost control of this club and heads need to roll

Now expecting "I was making a pancake" memes to be the theme of 2022.

Season on the line? Well I did have my concerns, but I was already making a pancake...

Pancakes then HJs 2 nights in a row.

Disgraceful

Giving Port a future 4th could have been a part of the original 12 for 14 and a future 2nd trade. But it would be sneaky to keep it as a separate trade once Port are on the board at 62 so that the teams between 62 and our pick 69 don't get pre-emptively tipped off. Port and WCE both knew that Port would be passing on pick 62 anyway. Even if there was only a 1% chance that the teams between 63 and 68 want Clark, it's still smart to do it this way.
Get_The_Gaff

Twomey, Beveridge and Edwards were taking the piss out of future 4th rounders being traded on their coverage such is the insignificance of it. Seriously noone cares...if we somehow desperately need one next year (no chance this happens) we can just trade our 2022 4th to get one. It means almost less than nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our 2021 fourth round pick was the pick we used to draft Williams. So it’d be around the same spot next year - 57.

Really not worth getting in a tiz over.

Its not about the future 4th its about the awareness or lack of awareness of our recruitment department .

It is the club as a whole having dropped the ball on multiple occasions

Without someone like Rawlings or glass to steer the ship the old nuffies or nisbetts cooked son are making stupid mistakes that are costing us small things that collectively could cost us a future success or even a flag

1. Kelly trade - we had a guy only coming to us and we paid way overs . It cost us good young draftees i

2 . NGA . We failed to list Erasmus and arthur . It didn't cost us with Erasmus but we could have had Arthur for cheap

3 6 year deals ? They don't help the club at all that 4 now with GOV , gaff , Kelly and barrass

4 Harry edward had a different guernsey. I mean WTF this is a massive fu** up for a professional organisation

5 Chesser - we could have - drafted Johnson or got at least another future 2nd as he wasn't meant to go until mid 20s

6 Chessers jumper being 3 sizes too big . WTF

We have seriously lost control of this club and heads need to roll

Plus we havent won a flag in decades.........thats the ultimate kpi for a recruiting department having nfi!

;) :rainbow::rainbow:

100%

This board in its communication style is quite clearly 95% tongue in cheek comments and melts and then the remaining 5% of amusement is at the handful of posters who don't actually realise that.

LOL

Really?

So all the melting is tongue in cheek is it?

Ive brought up kids and seen plenty of lego being thrown out of cots to know a tanti when I see one.

LOL

Really?

So all the melting is tongue in cheek is it?

Ive brought up kids and seen plenty of lego being thrown out of cots to know a tanti when I see one.

I think it is - and I have 3 young kids myself :)

I've always assumed the majority of the melts are tongue-in-cheek.
I guess one of us is wrong and one of us is right and we'll never know and both continue reading them through our respective lenses none-the-wiser haha.

I will go out on a limb though and say virtually noone is actually upset at Chesser himself for being picked and pretty much every supporter wants to see him make it.

We are not a charity.
How do you know that the Suns were not keen on Clark? Constable or Clark - giving up a R4 means nothing if we get who we want. As also suggested, this might have been a discussion with Port that they thought a R2 was too steep for the earlier deal so this evens the deal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back