• No

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 135 55.8%
  • Such is Life

Votes: 40 16.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Note: This is not a thread to air your views on left/right politics, vaccination mandates or conspiracies, this is a thread to discuss Djokovic and the Australian Open saga only. Humour is accepted and encouraged :D Abuse is not.
Thanks.

AEA78B7C-CABD-42A8-9D94-2ED15A7D2BAB.jpeg

Last edited:
There’s actually no way Novak can win tomorrow. The odds would literally be $501 at this stage.

It is interesting. Government want a one judge panel and a right of appeal. Why not just go for the Full Court then if it is almost a certainty?
It’s just a pressuring technique in the end just to make sure Novak knows that even if he DOES win then it’s n o t o v e r .

It’s just a pressuring technique in the end just to make sure Novak knows that even if he DOES win then it’s n o t o v e r .

Yeah but your post stated that there is no way that Novak can win tomorrow. If that were the case, then they should just go straight to the Full Court and finalise the decision.

I feel that there is uncertainty there based on the government wanting the chance to appeal if a decision is made against them.

Yeah but your post stated that there is no way that Novak can win tomorrow. If that were the case, then they should just go straight to the Full Court and finalise the decision.

I feel that there is uncertainty there based on the government wanting the chance to appeal if a decision is made against them.

Novak’s chances are incredibly slim.

I don’t think it’s uncertainty, it just smells like a classic pressuring technique.

Almost like they want to make him sweat even if they know they’re in an incredibly powerful position.

Because the case isn't so extraordinary as to require to skip a step?

The reason team Novax wants to skip a step is because Novax can play tennis on the off-chance the judges side with him. He's been given too much leeway here. I'm certain if it were a player ranked #123 in the world, they wouldn't be getting this sort of preferential treatment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the case isn't so extraordinary as to require to skip a step?

The reason team Novax wants to skip a step is because Novax can play tennis on the off-chance the judges side with him. He's been given too much leeway here. I'm certain if it were a player ranked #123 in the world, they wouldn't be getting this sort of preferential treatment.

You could argue that the case is extraordinary given the urgency of the tournament beginning on Monday.

He’s already had a case on the matter which he won. If the judges decide in his favour once again, then so be it. If he loses, then so be it too. I think the case has dragged on long enough that a decision of finality should be made.

Doesn’t make you right either.

You have made your position on Djokovic very clear as well. Unsure if that is because you hate him as a person or that you think all unvaccinated people are the plague. Either way it doesn’t bother.

Have your opinion, I’ll have mine but don’t reply to my posts with rubbish and when called are out for your rubbish, go on the defensive to tell me I am going around and around in circles. If you don’t like my opinion, don’t reply to me. Simple as that. I am not going to be gaslight and bullied by people like you.

My opinion is he is selfish prick who lied to get here. That is a fact. I would feel the same if it was rafa Roger or Freddy flintoff. The fact fan boys can’t see how off he has behaved. He has even tried to throw a employee under the bus.

But bringing up obscure arguments time and time again doesn’t change the facts that there is lies and deceit all the way along. Primarily out of the Novak camp.

Good on you and Bato for sticking fat, some of the debate has been a great time waster this week. But geez mate you keep going back to the same well and the facts haven’t changed

You could argue that the case is extraordinary given the urgency of the tournament beginning on Monday.

He’s already had a case on the matter which he won. If the judges decide in his favour once again, then so be it. If he loses, then so be it too. I think the case has dragged on long enough that a decision of finality should be made.
How is a tennis tournament extraordinary? It's not like he's being deported to a country where he's going to get beheaded the moment he steps off the plane.

Would the legal system expediate a case for me if I had a local club tournament to attend to?

My opinion is he is selfish prick who lied to get here. That is a fact. I would feel the same if it was rafa Roger or Freddy flintoff. The fact fan boys can’t see how off he has behaved. He has even tried to throw a employee under the bus.

But bringing up obscure arguments time and time again doesn’t change the facts that there is lies and deceit all the way along. Primarily out of the Novak camp.

Good on you and Bato for sticking fat, some of the debate has been a great time waster this week. But geez mate you keep going back to the same well and the facts haven’t changed
Didn’t Rafa lie as well to get into the country? Australian law says you cannot enter the country within 14 days of testing positive to Covid whether you’re vaccinated or not.

Rafa tested positive on 20th of December, arrived December 31.

Which is why it's a bullshit order. Novak may change his mind and choose to get vaxxed while he's here too. No matter how unlikely, it's a still a possibility. This is the Minister taking his ball and going home. It just doesn't sit right with me. Get him on something solid, then sure, send him on his way, but this ain't it.
I agree that the "public order" justification provided for the exercise of the ministerial power is a complete load of horseshit - clearly it is just a cover for the actual reason he is being deported (in that he should have never been let in to begin with).

That said, Novak has fed the Govt with lies and bullshit as well, so to be undone by Govt bullshit in return seems a fitting end to this debacle.

Didn’t Rafa lie as well to get into the country? Australian law says you cannot enter the country within 14 days of testing positive to Covid whether you’re vaccinated or not.

Nah this has been debunked several times already.

How is a tennis tournament extraordinary? It's not like he's being deported to a country where he's going to get beheaded the moment he steps off the plane.

Would the legal system expediate a case for me if I had a local club tournament to attend to?
A world class sporting event is regarded as a matter of public interest according to the ministers reasoning (among the last few paragraphs before his signature if you’re looking for it).

If that’s the case throw him out as well

A world class sporting event is regarded as a matter of public interest according to the ministers reasoning (among the last few paragraphs before his signature if you’re looking for it).

That paragraph before the signature has been what everyone seems to struggle with including Novak

Back