Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm excited but mindful that in the next 17 games we play....

• Melbourne at MCG
  • Brisbane twice (once at Gabba)
  • Geelong twice (once at GMHBA)
  • Sydney twice
  • Bulldogs
  • Carlton
  • Port Adelaide in Cairns- in a fortnight, just as they might be finding confidence, and getting some players back (Wines, Dixon, McKenzie, Fantasia, Duursma) and looking like the team who went 31-8 and made prelims the last 2 years
  • Adelaide in Adelaide - where they've proven they're decent
  • GWS in Canberra this week with Toby Greene back in, who should improve them
  • West Coast in Perth - later in the year when they might actually have most of their best players

In other words, we'll have to be really good!

So far this season, we have been very good! A fair bit of the time.

Point is, it's not even 25% of the way through the season, and we'll have to keep this up for large parts of the season if we're to make a serious dent or challenge top 4.

Last edited:
For good reason we have a reputation of having a lot of B graders & no elite talent. The big difference is we are seeing players elevate their output to elite quality.

I would argue that Crouch is playing at an elite standard based on being one of the better clearance mids & tacklers in the comp. Now we are not relying solely on Steele. Marshall & Ryder, when available, offer plenty of support.

Membrey, Higgins & King are all very dangerous & high quality forwards. King is performing to an elite standard & the other two are not far behind.

Sinclair & Gresham are both having excellent starts to the season. Both performing to an elite standard. Hill has improved considerably.

Zac Jones, Ryder, Webster, Billings, Coffield & Hunter Clark out injured suggests we now have some depth. All apart from Coffield will push for selection over the next few weeks.

I don’t think we are a bad side. Season very open & even outside of Melbourne.

Freo last home game was GWS and freo won the free kick count 42-16 lol

That's what we want every game thread I go in accuses us of wanting an even free kick count, absolutely not, we want the shyte we have received returned in spades !

Playing good footy and the likes of Sharman and Highmore can't get a game

Respect to this post from a supporter of another club to have this knowledge - Sharman is a natural footballer who I am looking forward to watch; Highmore similar.

Good place to be with these two still to get games.

• Melbourne at MCG
  • Sydney twice
  • Bulldogs
  • Carlton
  • Port Adelaide in Cairns- in a fortnight, just as they might be finding confidence, and getting some players back (Wines, Dixon, McKenzie, Fantasia, Duursma) and looking like the team who went 31-8 and made prelims the last 2 years
  • West Coast in Perth - later in the year when they might actually have most of their best players

Point is, it's not even 25% of the way through the season, and we'll have to keep this up for large parts of the season if we're to make a serious dent or challenge top 4.
Great platform fir the season so far, having wins under your belt will build so much Confidence.

• Melbourne at MCG
  • Sydney twice
  • Bulldogs
  • Carlton

Carlton I wouldn't worry about, sure they have talent but they've also allowed teams to almost come back from large margins. Western Bulldogs were incompetent in front of sticks, they jumped hawthorn and then were out t played for 3 quarters and port Adelaide yesterday woke up after half time and nearly pinched it from 50 points down. I think the saints defence will be able to absorb carlton's attacks but as soon as saints counter Carlton will turn to water. Unless of course Carlton have a major adjustment throughout the season.

Must admit I'm liking what I'm seeing from the Saints, they are playing a good brand of footy. Definitely can see them challenging for top 4.

Thread needs to change to "Collingwood in no man's land".

Pies a real worry for me. No key fwd (still) and stuck with a giant albatross around the neck by the name of Brodie Grundy.
Now have a serious SC issue with DeGoey looming.
The list is still stuffed and they are not out of the woods yet (pun intended).

Pies a real worry for me. No key fwd (still) and stuck with a giant albatross around the neck by the name of Brodie Grundy.

More the “the Ziebull reduces to a pile of salt”

Collingwood doesn't live rent free in the minds of North fans quite like St Kilda does, so I doubt they'll start a thread like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda doing everything right RN. Can see them continuing to win games throughout the season.

I reckon they'll be somewhere around 14 wins.

I'm still not sold beyond that. They will need to take down the top sides to be in contention.
Suspensions and injuries holding them back atm. Its only round 6.

St Kilda doing everything right RN. Can see them continuing to win games throughout the season.

I reckon they'll be somewhere around 14 wins.

I'm still not sold beyond that. They will need to take down the top sides to be in contention.
Getting back hopefully Ryder, Jones, Clark and Billings in the next 2-3 weeks ought to help considerably. They’ve played 2 of a possible 24 games for us this year.

Given how competitive we’ve generally been against the good teams in the last two seasons, I’m not concerned about not being able to beat anyone that isn’t called Melbourne, and I’m also very much looking forward to seeing how we go against them.

Especially as we seem to love playing at the MCG these days.

Suspensions and injuries holding them back atm. Its only round 6.
i WAS AT the game last week and I thought Saints were ok but made a lot of errors, and poor decisions going forward. I really thought they should have crushed GC. My other concern is the reliance on King and Membrey. They look a tad predictable so much as I've witnessed in Port Adelaide.

Having said that, they've got a good defensive structure.

i WAS AT the game last week and I thought Saints were ok but made a lot of errors, and poor decisions going forward. I really thought they should have crushed GC. My other concern is the reliance on King and Membrey. They look a tad predictable so much as I've witnessed in Port Adelaide.

We also could have crushed GWS tonight had we not kicked appallingly for goal.

For instance we were up 2.3 to 0.1 early in the game and two of those misses were those inexplicable ones from Higgins inside 15m.

We were dominating play, and could have been 4-5 goals up in a flash, but those misses kept GWS within reach and in the game. Then we kicked another 14 points.

The previous week when Gold Coast were 6-1 we were 4-5.

It augurs well for us going forward that we’re still beating decent teams while not playing our best/missing a lot of shots, and without a number of important pieces of our puzzle.

Jack Higgins would currently be leading the Coleman if he didn't miss the best part of 2 games

Our avenues to goal are one thing I'm not worried about

Our efficiency going forward is the best in the competition

I still think it's our defence that could get shown up against the good sides but I'm very keen to see how it plays out

We are a completely different team with Ryder playing. Allows Marshall to play fwd more…

Yeah, we have PLENTY of forwards, unfortunately, Hayes went down but he is good up forward and we have not even seen Sharman yet this year who came in and kicked 10 goals in 3.5 games last year.

We lack an intercept key back and maybe a Cripps type in the midfield but up forward I'm pretty happy with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back