Autopsy Autopsy vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1395117

'Daydreaming' defender cut to ribbons, shock mauling full of merit
Things are complicated but also simple. And this is a obviously very very large portion of the problem right here. LMac gives his all, despite some limitations. He is fine. JZ is fading. Walker, Turner and Greenwood shouldn’t be playing. Corr jury is out. Jed first game back. Goldy well…idk, something is not quite right. You’d think alll of these guys bar Luke and maybe corr and jed need to go before we are competitive. Desperately need to recruit some good mature b graders/ageing former a graders to guide us.

Earlier in the year when we were thinking about taking McPherson I said we should take Brodie got howled down by all the experts on here. I’ve got no confidence in any of our recruiting staff in fact I would say they’re incompetent
If you got howled down by all the 'experts' on here then that means you were on the right track - well done on this one.

Is any team fielding a worse bunch of players over the age of 26? That's your sweet spot for performance and onfield leadership.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
But you support picking them? And rushing Jed Anderson back?

When people are mentally deficient they can’t see obvious contradictions in their statements.

Exhibit A) blame the over 26s to excuse the coach

Exhibit B) defend the coach when he continually fails to drop any of these over 26s

My goodness you are mentally lacking. Going to look very, very dumb when Noble is sacked.

So Passmore has no response to the obvious contradiction in his statement.

Same person will also go one of two ways when Powell does come back

1. He does well - see noble was right to out him back in the 2’s

2. He struggles - see Noble was right he shouldn’t have been playing

Look forward to your thoughts when Noble is sacked.

So Passmore has no response to the obvious contradiction in his statement.

Same person will also go one of two ways when Powell does come back

1. He does well - see noble was right to out him back in the 2’s

2. He struggles - see Noble was right he shouldn’t have been playing

Look forward to your thoughts when Noble is sacked.
722f0f1bdd4a0ae68bdc08ad8a494e2b

When people are mentally deficient they can’t see obvious contradictions in their statements.

Exhibit B) defend the coach when he continually fails to drop any of these over 26s

My goodness you are mentally lacking. Going to look very, very dumb when Noble is sacked.

Or most people can see it and see little need to wax lyrical with every post about it.

I posted a while ago about our lack of quality senior players and you called that post absolute crap.

What is your plan here? Sack Noble right now have another caretaker take over. Pay more money out of a soft cap we are clearly stretched with as it stands.

Drop all senior player so at least we can say we don’t have senior players out there. I mean they will still get smashed probably by more, but hey we’re playing the kids and Tom Powell is getting a game so wooo hooo.

It would make things messier. Keeping Noble right now could make things messier.

Our situation is pretty f***ing bleak right now.

However you seem to have taken the position that anyone who is not calling for the coaches head right now is complicit to every decision being made.

No poster on here has any more say than you do. None of them. Just because they (myself included) are not straight up smashing the coaches on here at every opportunity doesn’t mean they are happy with where things are at.

I defy you to find a single f***ing person who is happy with where we are at. This s**t hurts. We are the rusted on and this is pain.

Or most people can see it and see little need to wax lyrical with every post about it.

I posted a while ago about our lack of quality senior players and you called that post absolute crap.

What is your plan here? Sack Noble right now have another caretaker take over. Pay more money out of a soft cap we are clearly stretched with as it stands.

Drop all senior player so at least we can say we don’t have senior players out there. I mean they will still get smashed probably by more, but hey we’re playing the kids and Tom Powell is getting a game so wooo hooo.

It would make things messier. Keeping Noble right now could make things messier.

Our situation is pretty f***ing bleak right now.

However you seem to have taken the position that anyone who is not calling for the coaches head right now is complicit to every decision being made.

No poster on here has any more say than you do. None of them. Just because they (myself included) are not straight up smashing the coaches on here at every opportunity doesn’t mean they are happy with where things are at.

I defy you to find a single f***ing person who is happy with where we are at. This s**t hurts. We are the rusted on and this is pain.
The point is that there has been zero accountability for senior players. Yet people who defend Noble also blame the senior players to absolve him from blame.

Yet when it’s brought up re players like Greenwood and other senior guys the same people defend/ignore Noble not dropping them.

The sum of our parts is nowhere near as bad as the performances have been. Throwing it all at the feet of senior players then agreeing with them being picked week after week after week is not a consistent way of looking at it. It’s really just an opinion solely focused on defending the coach from every avenue.

The point is that there has been zero accountability for senior players. Yet people who defend Noble also blame the senior players to absolve him from blame.

Yet when it’s brought up re players like Greenwood and other senior guys the same people defend/ignore Noble not dropping them.

The sum of our parts is nowhere near as bad as the performances have been. Throwing it all at the feet of senior players then agreeing with them being picked week after week after week is not a consistent way of looking at it. It’s really just an opinion solely focused on defending the coach from every avenue.
ec5a22ffad80c14bc0108609e0ceceb2

I got dumped on for suggesting we put Horne and our other young blokes in the VFL team and focus on winning a premiership there, at least we would be building a winning culture and our skill base for next season. Play 2-3 of the young guys each week rotating them through the AFL team so they can at least taste the shame and know what they don’t want to experience next year. After tonight’s effort this idea surely has some merit?
Yep great idea. Can see JHF, the competitor beast he is, being happy with that. Punish the guy who’s trying…..Sure way to keep him at the club…

Here’s a thought, play those seniors who aren’t pulling their weight in the VFL instead.

The last time we lost 4 consecutive games by 50 or more? 2000/01
2000 Preliminary Final - L v Melbourne by 50
2001 Round 1 - L v Essendon by 85
2001 Round 2 - L v Brisbane Lions by 60
2001 Round 3 - L v Sydney by 80

Last time we did it within the one season? 1931
1931 Round 8 - L v Collingwood by 90
1931 Round 9 - L v Carlton by 80
1931 Round 10 - L v Hawthorn by 72
1931 Round 11 - L v Geelong by 67

The last time we lost 4 consecutive games by 50 or more? 2000/01
2000 Preliminary Final - L v Melbourne by 50
2001 Round 1 - L v Essendon by 85
2001 Round 2 - L v Brisbane Lions by 60
2001 Round 3 - L v Sydney by 80

Last time we did it within the one season? 1931
1931 Round 8 - L v Collingwood by 90
1931 Round 9 - L v Carlton by 80
1931 Round 10 - L v Hawthorn by 72
1931 Round 11 - L v Geelong by 67
Have we ever lost 8 in a row by 50 or more?

What's the lowest percentage we've ended up on? Tipping we will be obliterating it this season

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the lowest percentage we've ended up on? Tipping we will be obliterating it this season

Worst 10 NMFC seasons in the VFL/AFL by percentage:
1931 --- 0-18-0 --- 50.8% --- finished 12th/12
1930 --- 1-17-0 --- 51.8% --- finished 12th/12
1929 --- 1-17-0 --- 60.2% --- finished 12th/12
1972 --- 1-21-0 --- 62.9% --- finished 12th/12
1937 --- 3-15-0 --- 64.2% --- finished 12th/12
1935 --- 1-17-0 --- 65.1% --- finished 12th/12
1934 --- 0-18-0 --- 66.4% --- finished 12th/12
1971 --- 5-16-1 --- 66.8% --- finished 9th/12
1928 --- 5-13-0 --- 67.7% --- finished 11th/12
1956 --- 3-15-0 --- 69.6% --- finished 12th/12

Last year at 70.3% (4-17-1, 18th/18) is our next worst after those. Didn't win a game in 1926 but still managed 73.7%.

No. We lost 4 in a row in 1929 as well, but that's it.

The lowest percentage we ever finished on was the winless 1931 with 50.79.

The worst we've ever been after Round 8 was in 1931 - winless and a percentage of 48.1. Other times we've been winless after 8 games were 1926 (76.3), 1929 (54.0), 1934 (74.3), 1935 (61.7), 1962 (57.8), 1972 (66.9), 2021 (52.7). Years where we've been 1-7 are 1930 (64.4), 1938 (66.1), 1965 (68.2). So, this is the 8th worst start we've had in 98 years of VFL/AFL. Last year was the 2nd worst.

Our lowest ever average score per game was in the shortened matches of 2020 - 50.47. Currently we are 59.38 - only behind 2020, 1930 (53.83), 1931 (55.56), 1956 (57.67), 1928 (58.78) and 1963 (58.83).

We've also gone sub-20 scoring shots for 6 games in a row. The last time we did that was not that long ago - the first 7 rounds last year. Prior to 2020, the last time we did it was the last three rounds of 1960 and the first 4 of 1961. The last time within the one season was a year we made the finals - the first 7 rounds of 1958. Since the start of 2020 we've played 47 games and scored more than 20 times just 8 times.

Round 9, 2020 - 19.5-119 v Adelaide
Round 8, 2021 - 10.11-71 v Collingwood
Round 9, 2021 - 13.9-87 v Hawthorn
Round 13, 2021 - 14.10-94 v GWS
Round 15, 2021 - 9.18-72 v Gold Coast
Round 16, 2021 - 11.13-79 v Western Bulldogs
Round 19, 2021 - 18.8-116 v Carlton
Round 2, 2022 - 10.14-74 v West Coast

Yep and overall we were older than the freo team on the weekend by a fair bit

Age isn’t an excuse and if anything we need to actually play our young talent
The age argument really isn’t relevant when talking about our club, because the players bumping up our average age are some of our worst players.

When people refer to an older age demographic, they are usually using it to reference a team that has more experienced and better players. With North it’s actually more experienced but s**t players.

We literally could have played a younger group and had a better result.

To use an example. Replacing an older Walker with a younger Larkey would have been a win for us. Based on Goldy’s game, a younger X would have not produced a worse result.

Then you have Turner, Ziebell, Corr and Greenwood that gave us nothing.

The only reason these older players are getting games is because the coaching group believes we need experienced and mature players to help and protect our younger players. But based on their production, that reasoning is starting to wear thin, with senior players not providing s**t.

The age argument really isn’t relevant when talking about our club, because the players bumping up our average age are some of our worst players.

When people refer to an older age demographic, they are usually using it to reference a team that has more experienced and better players. With North it’s actually more experienced but s**t players.

We literally could have played a younger group and had a better result.

To use an example. Replacing an older Walker with a younger Larkey would have been a win for us. Based on Goldy’s game, a younger X would have not produced a worse result.

Then you have Turner, Ziebell, Corr and Greenwood that gave us nothing.

The only reason these older players are getting games is because the coaching group believes we need experienced and mature players to help and protect our younger players. But based on their production, that reasoning is starting to wear thin, with senior players not providing s**t.
Somewhat true, but our younger boys went head to head in the midfield with Freo's younger boys and got absolutely annihilated. I think that's relevant because if it's a recurring theme then they're quite simply not as good as we think they are.

The point I was making is that even when our young blokes went head to head with their young blokes, we got smashed. It's not just the old blokes who aren't playing well, our youth are not coming on either.

Our over 26 year olds are the worst in the comp. Our VFL side last time I checked was second last and not filled to the gills with talent awaiting an AFL game .

My own opinion is that Noble is a caretaker coach and is there to build the list . We’re not a destination club far from it currently.

So our options are limited, it has been many years since we’ve had a recognised coach join us . I’d suggest it was Kennedy back in the 80’s. So we it would seem have no choice but to get an inexperienced coach - again .
Not ideal , we would be better off getting experienced football people to assist David. That though is also difficult , not many off field staff get poached from North these days. That’s also a concern .

Sack Noble today and tomorrow the same problems will be there . I have cast an eye over our list I feel we’ve about 13 players that have shown they have what it takes and about another 11 or so where we have our fingers crossed that they’ll make it .

Pointing the finger at Noble is easy the truth is though , we’re really s**t at football currently . Miles off the pace of the game, JHF is one of our better players ffs !

Anyways you really should try and be respectful when you’re posting . Like I always are . 😉

Miles off the pace of the game, JHF is one of our better players ffs !
One of the MMM radio panel said JHF would be our best player by seasons end, the rest pretty much said he was hardly going out on a limb with that statement, so much that its universally accepted. having said that the way he is tracking it wont just be our list he is among the best on but it definitely shows how poorly our high picks have developed, as for the mid to lowly picks thats just depressing.

time to time you see real talent get picked at the top of the draft but many of these players have carried pretty good attributes through junior grades and been isolated from playing against men, this blokes been doing it and beating them for over 18 months.

Things are complicated but also simple. And this is a obviously very very large portion of the problem right here. LMac gives his all, despite some limitations. He is fine. JZ is fading. Walker, Turner and Greenwood shouldn’t be playing. Corr jury is out. Jed first game back. Goldy well…idk, something is not quite right. You’d think alll of these guys bar Luke and maybe corr and jed need to go before we are competitive. Desperately need to recruit some good mature b graders/ageing former a graders to guide us.
Apparently Goldy's manager has been advised that we won't be offering him another contract. Noble is driving this. That being the case, his motivation levels may not be overly high, although that's still pretty poor from him

Apparently Goldy's manager has been advised that we won't be offering him another contract. Noble is driving this. That being the case, his motivation levels may not be overly high, although that's still pretty poor from him
He’s clearly back CCJ as ‘his guy’, which is a fair slap in the face to a clearly superior footballer.

Certainly looks like it but Goldy has been a great servant of the club. Hope it doesn’t all end in tears. If he goes then he deserves to do so with dignity - he also has do the right thing too. We are still paying him heaps.

Earlier in the year when we were thinking about taking McPherson I said we should take Brodie got howled down by all the experts on here. I’ve got no confidence in any of our recruiting staff in fact I would say they’re incompetent

Rubbish. Brodie is being used to his strengths but without a doubt Freo are playing to cover his weaknesses. They have mids who can push hard to cover up his lack of running ability. They have a good solid unit of defensive mids and wings who will allow a Brodie type to ball chase inside and then catch his breath.

That's what good teams do, they can utilise strengths.

Brodie at North would look like trash. We'd be fuming at high anytime he didn't win the ball.

I like Brodie, all credit to him, but he's a player that needs a good system around him quite clearly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back