Autopsy Rd 11, 2022 - Loss vs. Saints - Jack's 250th

People can complain about the head coach, the structure, or the game-plan all the want.

But when our "best" players are doing things like dropping uncontested lace-out chest marks in the forward line, or missing open targets under zero pressure, or spraying shots on goal from 25m directly in front, then "coaching" isn't the issue.

We simply lack talent.

I'd be okay with an offensive play style if it was actually offensive, there is a lack of running, overlap and players getting into space when we have the ball. We are okay at stoppages, get enough of the first possession but we just hand the ball over and make WAY too many mistakes.

Sonja Hood right at this moment just remembered Clarko’s mobile number..

angel phone GIF by HULU

Jed Anderson absolutely fantastic.

Ball use not perfect sure (never has been), but he is a 100% committed warrior for our club and I absolutely love him.

12 tackles. 28 Disposals.

Would have been a far higher margin if he doesn't play today.

ps; Can't be bothered with all the negatives for now.....

Not good enough from our experienced players again.

Dropped marks from Turner.
Greenwood finishing with 7 disposals.

Larkey triple teamed all game. Needs support desperately.

Need more from LDU and TT...both resting on their laurels.

Jed and JHF can hold their head up high. Both kept trying until the end.

I thought Corr and Walker didn't do too bad again given how under the pump they were.

Sack the development coaches. Youth players aren't kicking on.

We just need a target even if it’s a decoy to free up Larkey
I’m not disagreeing with you on that, just Comben isn’t the answer right now, hate to say it he needs VFL game time

You kind of think that gee it will be nice when we rise to throw a few punches back at these sides that are taking the piss out of us now.
But with the current level of ineptness top to bottom at the club, who could honestly believe that it’s going to happen.

People can complain about the head coach, the structure, or the game-plan all the want.

But when our "best" players are doing things like dropping uncontested lace-out chest marks in the forward line, or missing open targets under zero pressure, or spraying shots on goal from 25m directly in front, then "coaching" isn't the issue.

We simply lack talent.
all symptoms of low confidence - players just don't lose talent

which comes as a result of continued losses

which come partly because of the talent deficit, sure, but mostly because our structure is bizarre and ball movement slow and turgid

Back