Essendon will be 2018's Bulldogs/Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
essendon don't have the mindset or the determination to win the big one.
Essendon's finals performances in recent years have been very Richmond like. Very few people thought the Tigers had the mindset or the determination to win the big one either.

That said they don't have a gun like Dusty who was able to drag the team over the line enough times to get the side to believe they could win it all.

Essendon's finals performances in recent years have been very Richmond like. Very few people thought the Tigers had the mindset or the determination to win the big one either.

That said they don't have a gun like Dusty who was able to drag the team over the line enough times to get the side to believe they could win it all.
Not every team who has failed in finals is going to rise up Ali-like and win it all.

It takes a combination of winning factors.

Wow, no.

History will remember him as the guy whose best year was the best in the league. But also coincided with him being found guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs and having the Brownlow rightly stripped from him.

But keep watching that YouTube vid dude.
He's still a Brownlow medalist in your eyes, right?

Yep sure is. I know no one gives a s**t but David King still see Jobe as a brownlow medalist

If we had some one like Dusty we wouldn't have lost to Sydney in the final few minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody wanted you to win, because we knew your lot would be the worst winners of all time.

it was only a joke... I say good luck to Essendon, they aren't drug cheats any longer in fact their penalties have been strung out for a very long time.

The recent years loss of draft picks has almost been offset or carried forward by topping up with mature players.

Can Essendon win the flag? Possibly.
Will Essendon win the flag? Not unless they change their mindset in finals.
/thread

Need to win that 1 final to get the 'finals failure' of our backs.

Look at Richmond though - had that same monkey, shook it off and then didn't stop winning finals.

That's why I reckon you are a very good chance of winning the flag in 2018.

As the last few years has shown - especially with the ban on players imposed by WADA for the performance enhancing drug regime that was James Hird's brainchild all playing out exactly as a I predicted it would - I'm one of the best informed posters on Essendon on this whole forum.

You guys should pay close attention to my Essendon related posts. Perhaps I could have a special thread on your board where I can make my observations about Essendon and engage with your supporters?

I'd be happy to do so if the mods on your board can set it up.

Look at Richmond though - had that same monkey, shook it off and then didn't stop winning finals.

As the last few years has shown - especially with the ban on players imposed by WADA for the performance enhancing drug regime that was James Hird's brainchild all playing out exactly as a I predicted it would - I'm one of the best informed posters on Essendon on this whole forum.

You guys should pay close attention to my Essendon related posts. Perhaps I could have a special thread on your board where I can make my observations about Essendon and engage with your supporters?

As long as you don’t create a thread to troll us with the Saga stuff and want to have a genuine discussion about Essendons prospects as an oposistion fan then I can’t see it being a problem.

Last edited:
Hey Chief - see above, are you able to get the ball rolling on this one mate?

I think it would be a real value add not just for the Essendon board, but for the forum as a whole.

Last edited:
As long as you don’t create a thread to troll us with the Saga stuff and want to have a genuine discussion about Essendons prospects as an oposistion fan then I can’t see it being a problem.

I've never trolled Essendon about the drug stuff, it is just that some supporters weren't ready to accept the reality of what was happening at the time, and, quite understandably, were a bit prickly when opposition fans pointed it out.

I'm well over the whole thing where Essendon were the first club in footy history to have their entire team suspended for a year due to a systematic doping program run by their beloved golden child who literally brought the club he idolized, and idolized him in turn, to its knees, made the club which named a stand after his own grandfather the laughing stock of the competition.

As I've said in the OP of this thread I really rate some of the Essendon players.

I'd be really keen to - and I can offer a guarantee that I wouldn't mention the Saga stuff out of context - have a thread on your board where I can give my assessment of how the boys going week to week, perhaps offer some tips and pointers that you guys could print off then run up to Tullamarine and leave on Woosha's desk after training.

I think it would show that the Essendon BigFooty crew are over the Saga stuff once for all, would be a good gesture of healing and a demonstration that Essendon fans truly are the greatest in the world, as you guys have kept saying over the last few years.

What do you reckon Lance Uppercut Beerfish - you'd post on my thread on your board in the right spirit yeah?

Richmond are nothing like Essendon though. They actually have a midfield and Dusty. Richmond would not have even been in the GF without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back