Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's encouraging. I'm a fan.
Hopefully, he's been dropping that line in his interviews with all the other clubs. Even if not that's a big enough statement to make a few wary IMO.

Hopefully, he's been dropping that line in his interviews with all the other clubs. Even if not that's a big enough statement to make a few wary IMO.
It'll make interstate clubs wary that's for sure. He sent a clear message imo.

Who else here is lacking enthusiasm for all this draft chat given how low the % is the Wells actually selects who we think he should?
Always seems to go off the radar with selections.

Lol suns finally admitting they are s**t and now targeting Giants list manager :

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...st-manager-craig-cameron-20171113-gzk3fb.html

Could be a good wrench in the mock draft picks

Lol suns

Quayle getting a promotion already. Gonna miss her draft info now she's (deservedly) in recruiting.

Last edited:
The URL though. The Crows can honestly get ******. They expect loyalty to them but are cool with stealing players from others. Entitled pricks showing what's wrong with Australia today (my generation of entitlement).
It is rather staggering how they go off tap about players leaving and then go and do exact the same thing. Poaching players from a bottom 4 club (what they do) is worse IMO.

Hearing we are looking pretty hard at ling with one of our picks. Multiple chats had with club. I’d still take McCartin if given the chance. Will go a lot earlier than people think.
Considering McCartin is so young , its a pick for a long way down the track ... an interstate club would have to consider carefully taking him. For us he would be a very handy acquisition at 35.
Ling has attribute that appeal but I am always concerned with LFooters.. he looks like he wrong foots players in the TAC going on to his left , I doubt he gets that room at afl level.

The URL though. The Crows can honestly get ******. They expect loyalty to them but are cool with stealing players from others. Entitled pricks showing what's wrong with Australia today (my generation of entitlement).

I've hated the Crows for my entire life, but I reckon my hatred has gone up a notch in the past few months.

Some of the names on that list... quality KPP? Some are ordinary KPP and some are already at their non drafted club. Are you changing your contention we should look for Mooney and Pods types? Id agree the earlier the pick there should be a higher success rate in KPP..as there should be in all players. The smaller numbers of KPP type players should mean that the most obvious are drafted first.. but Id say the kids are so young that although the obvious are talented , that there are players who are talented and less obvious , maybe with a couple of workable flaws who can later on become more than acceptable.

McGovern Ade was a p43. Why..maybe too short.
McStay (p25) seems someone who has done at least as much as some names on your list.
Brown at 47 , Lobb at 29 , Gunston at 29 , TMcDonald at 53 ...there are examples of talls that come from later in draft that have developed into very good players.

I think your first point pretty much sums up my entire argument. In this draft, do not waste 22 and 24 on a KPP; the good ones go to very high picks, and there are very examples of that trend being bucked.

You're probably right, I was too generous. But I was trying to compile a reasonable sized list from the past 15 years...

I fear Ling's another Murdoch in the making. Pacy but lacks the tools in other areas.

I think we'll take one of McCartin or Wooller and I hope we do.

Its not so much that Id not want Ling .. but he seems a slight variation on what we have.. he hardly looks a bulldozer type.

What a crock of s**t - with all due respect.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ry-gregson-20160707-gq0v18.html#ixzz4Dj0iG5yN

He was re-signed uninjured having missed just a few games thru injury and form. He got hurt after the deal went through. Or are you saying he didnt deserve the deal in performance to the at point? Seems pretty good numbers for a pick 47 odd 18 months into his career at the time.

Its so easy to sit here 18 months later and judge. Didnt see the s**t list management call back then at the time it was made, but damn easy to pop off now.

Back seat driver 101.

GO Catters

Gregson 2015/16, 29 games av 12.24 disposals .5 goals per game.
McCarthy 2017, 3 games av 5 disposals efficiency 65.4%
Hardly worth the wait, then you can argue stats mean nothing!
Ablett averaged 33 disposals from 14 last year and people on here winge about him???sheee!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not so much that Id not want Ling .. but he seems a slight variation on what we have.. he hardly looks a bulldozer type.

Seriously l reckon Worpel and Parish will be twice the players.
We have an unhealthy attraction toward light weights who struggle to make AFL.
All Australian's are big bodied boys as a rule.
Surely Wells has learnt that by now.

Gregson 2015/16, 29 games av 12.24 disposals .5 goals per game.
McCarthy 2017, 3 games av 5 disposals efficiency 65.4%
Hardly worth the wait, then you can argue stats mean nothing!
Ablett averaged 33 disposals from 14 last year and people on here winge about him???sheee!

You called the list management to re-sign Gregson at the time a s**t decision. It was far from that given those numbers and his first year. It was not a s**t decision at the time it was made and now you've been called on it you are backtracking.

I have said nothing about Ablett or his recruiting / ability or whinging about him. Please quote me where I said that.

GO Catters

Seriously l reckon Worpel and Parish will be twice the players.
We have an unhealthy attraction toward light weights who struggle to make AFL.
All Australian's are big bodied boys as a rule.
Surely Wells has learnt that by now.

Jarrod Janson was a lump of a kid in the " AA are big bodied boys as a rule"" club.
And he spends his days surfing with his mates.

Brad Hartman was developing into a bigger kid and lost the will to play.
Kick to kick in the back leagues of SA is where you find him

Joel Selwood was not of "bigger bodied" size when drafted and still is probably not the biggest of bodies.
Collecting AA footy cards with his face on them just one of the many footy tasks in his day still.

Id say the "draft the big kid rule" leaks like a sieve.

GO Catters

What a crock of s**t - with all due respect.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ry-gregson-20160707-gq0v18.html#ixzz4Dj0iG5yN

He was re-signed uninjured having missed just a few games thru injury and form. He got hurt after the deal went through. Or are you saying he didnt deserve the deal in performance to the at point? Seems pretty good numbers for a pick 47 odd 18 months into his career at the time.

Its so easy to sit here 18 months later and judge. Didnt see the s**t list management call back then at the time it was made, but damn easy to pop off now.

Back seat driver 101.

GO Catters
Hoping both gregson and mccarthy add something next year to our mobility and forward link ups. Could make a huge difference and quiet the masses

Jarrod Janson was a lump of a kid in the " AA are big bodied boys as a rule"" club.

Joel Selwood was not of "bigger bodied" size when drafted and still is probably not the biggest of bodies.
Collecting AA footy cards with his face on them just one of the many footy tasks in his day still.

GO Catters

Fact is at least Worpel's an all Aust, Jansen etc were left fielders. .. no comparison!
Parish footy in the blood and a star Falcon.
You call dangerfield small? Menagola?

GO Catters

Yep! I see the bigger bodies kids as higher risk because it's difficult to tell whether their good junior form is on account of their size. This is especially the case in the TAC system where the kids rarely get exposed form against adults.

This is my issue with Mitch Crowden. He's an absolute tank and did well at the champs but really struggled at SANFL league level.

GO Catters

I can remember this time of year in Janssens draft.. Id I really did not see a lot of difference between him and Cripps and I was surprised that Cripps went so early.

I think there is example of thick and thin both working ... do thin stay thin and never cope with the hurley burley ..do thicks stand out as big boys in the junior but struggle when the quality and size increases in the afl. It was thought a while ago that the thin had more scope for improvement and yet the phone box modern style of afl seems to have moved towards players who cope well with contests. In the end id say thick or thin.we have to try to see thru advantages that work in the juniors but will struggle to transfer. The best we can do is not get too far our of balance and draft too many of one sort.

Fact is at least Worpel's an all Aust, Jansen etc were left fielders. .. no comparison!
I suppose you’d call Gaz a big bodied mid next.

It’s not a criteria to be a gun player, plenty of elite footballers/mids have a slim/med frame.

please show me where i called PFD or Menegola small...

GO Catters

Here's a list of recent All Australian U18s, tell me which one you wish we'd drafted:

- Jonty Scharenberg (big body)
- Josh McGuinness
- Liam Dawson
- Clem Smith
- Ben Lennon
- Darcy Hourigan (big body)
- James Battersby (big body)
- Sam Colquhoun
- Jimmy Toumpas
- Andrew Boston
- Dayle Garlett

Status