Review Dogs 115 def Suns 67

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit where credit is due, that was a very solid win. The question still stands as to whether this team is serious and can put together performances like that regularly, or only decide to show up on some occasions. We know our best is up there but it needs to be shown more often.

Easter Egg pizza?
I'm afraid that my friends might ask me over for Easter lunch. They did last year. I'd rather stay home and watch the game on my laptop. So what should I choose? The pork roast or a Lucky Meal pizza?

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Od
Bont and Libba are just absolute guns.

Good to be able to win games without our Key Forwards at their best. However, JUH took some really important marks

So many players were great today. I thought Sanders, Baker, Darcy, Khamis, Weightman, Dale and Jones were all tremendous.

Richards was one of our best before his injury. Hopefully he’s only out for 2-3 weeks, his imperative to our game.
Can O’Donnell come in for Coffield, Williams shifts back for Ed, Baker into Williams spot on the wing?

Pleasantly surprising victory, that’s all I asked for last week was a much improved effort. Love Libba, stood up to the challenge of taking on Rowell head to head and he found out what it’s like to not have it his own way after the first 2 games.

shame about Coffield, just no luck.. For Richards, at least if there’s any week to miss it will be next one (short memory speaking).

Suns play a physical, niggly and at times crossing the line type of game. Very happy our team managed to match them the entire way and not get overwhelmed. Darcy is a weapon.

First to admit when I'm wrong and I may have been a skosh harsh on Buku last week (maybe a bit of recency effect from the dumbest kick-in I've ever seen), BUT I'm still not sold on him as second defender. Having a first gamer for most of the day certainly seemed to help. Still want Vandermeer gone, sorry bud, but you just give us nothing.

That was obviously a much better performance than last week but I'm still not sold. I think that game plays out completely differently with Witts instead of Moyle / Casboult. Guess we'll never know.

We all know the stars, but my shout outs go to;

Sanders for a much better performance, seems like first game nerves got him last week, fair enough. I like what I see.

Bramble is a hell of a pickup, plays that role really well. If he maintains this level he's walk up best 22.

Baker showed what he's capable of. A bit more of that CONSISTENTLY please, which I guess has always been his issue. As with Bramble, they're players that know their level and don't try to do too much outside that. Great role players.

West was good, stats don't show his influence. Plenty of stuff that goes unnoticed.

Darcy showing the potential, I'm always reluctant to build players up like we do, but I'm REALLY hopeful here.

Geez, those coaching threads really bring out the Bevo Out cookers.

It’s like reading a MAGA thread on twitter.

The only caution I would provide here is that having blind faith (not saying you do) is just as bad.

All of us want the club to do well. Some get cranky, some get fired up, some are happy, shiny people all the time, we're all different, but we all want the club to be the best it can be.

I'm was exasperated by last week. Absolutely flat and fed up. This week, I'm beyond relieved we played as we should play and that's the thing. This team is so much better than the garbage served up last week. Today we showed that. Huzzah!

How much of the huge turnaround can we blame on the AFL's ridiculous round 0 advantage given to Melbourne?

This was how we expected the side to play when we started the season. Not saying we would have won but we probably would have got a lot closer to Melbourne if we'd both played (or both NOT played) Round 0.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back