NFL 2008/09 NFC Championship: Philadelphia vs Arizona

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: (08/09) NFC Conference Championship: Philadelphia @ Arizona

Great game. Well done Arizona, lot of similarities with last season's Giants i.e a lapse late in the season, then morale lifting last regular season game and carried the momentum into the playoffs. Although, no offence to the Cards but Falcons, Panthers and Eagles were not the strongest teams to play playoffs in recent years. Still you can only beat who you play.

A couple of the Eagles players were laughing with Cards players after the game as if they'd won. Not a good look.

And FFS Kurt Warner & this god thingy, HE's not anti-Eagles buddy. If HE is going to get the pats on the back after a win, then HE should get a kick up the arse after a loss.

Should be more of this ..........."I had a bad game game today but really he it was HIS fault upstairs. HE really stunk it up today". Lift your game Kurt.

What the last few SBs have shown is that all that matters is the month of January. The form you have.

Look back...

Cardinals this year, but inconsistent all year.
Giants last SB, but inconsistent or terrible half of the season.
Steelers SB win, pretty inconsistent and had a great run to make the WC at the end, as well as some great fortune in the playoffs.
Colts SB win, pretty bad defense all year, had a string of woeful rush D stats in the last 4 weeks of that season, and Herm calling a good game would've seen them lose, but they put it all together on Defense in the playoff run.

Basically, all those teams won the SB on the back of some major January defensive form.

Makes you look the royal moron after your comments this week.

MAN WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!

These next 14 days are going to take forever to get through, unbelievable. I never thought i'd see this day come to fruition.

ARIZONA CARDINALS ARE NFC CHAMPIONS

Congrats dude....soak it up and revel in the fact that your team has made the big game :thumbsu:

Be honest, you got a little teary at the end of the game watching them celebrate didn't ya? Watching Adrian Wilson's post game interview with Pam Oliver was enough for me lol... ;) It was great to see just what it meant to him, a guy that has been there through all the dark days and hung around when a lot of others would have walked away.

I think the Cards have always been "everybody's second team" and there wouldn't be too many people out there begruding what they've achieved this season. I'm stoked for them and all their fans.

What was the problem with Benny Graham?

Looked lame and in visible pain after each punt.

What was the problem with Benny Graham?

Looked lame and in visible pain after each punt.

Bad groin likka.

Crumpler, we're all grown up around here. Its hard not to get soaked into the emotion around this sort of thing.

Yes my team lost to the best the NFC has to offer. Only 2 things would make me happier. Atlanta Making the superbowl.
Or Romo having a trademark choke.

well done cards, outstanding 1st half was in the end the difference, & to all their supporters here, hope you take the big one out,:thumbsu:

philly, did well to get this far, but oh what could have been...:(

:confused: I hope you don't think I was having a pot shot or anything because I was genuinely caught up in it as well wiz.

Nah i wasn't mate, probably didnt use the right words there. I meant it as in we are all grown up so we know its alright to get emotional.

^^^
Cool...I thought so, just wanted to make sure :thumbsu:

It's funny that I, as a non Cards fan, felt it too I guess...seeing as your mob put us out of the playoffs and all but I've always had a soft spot for 'Zona. Ever since that wonderful day in '98 when they went into Dallas and won a wild card game, winning me a bit of cash in the process lol!!

I've long had a soft spot for the Eagles, even through the down and distance I won't dignify by naming. That being said, I wanted the Cards to win...cus shoot, not even the biggest Cardinal fan would've predicted going to the playoffs, much less the super bowl.

Great Game Day thread guys :thumbsu:

Congrats Wiz and all other Cards supporters i am spewin i went back to work today and was getting up dates from the Net on the phone and i must admit i was surprised to see the Cards get up and good luck to em! I cant comment on the game as i have not seen anything but limited highlights on Fox Sports news and i am waiting for Sportscenter to start at 6. :thumbsu: Congrats STO on your sportsman ship after the game not much can be said for the other So called Eagles fans who make an apperance in the NFC championship game and start whinging blaming Refs and not having the Home field advantage when they didnt win the Division :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Cant wait for the Superbowl :D:D

Cheers Chism :)

Whinge whinge ****ing whinge!!!!!!

Well done to STO and the Eagles for there season and especially to you with your sportsmanship STO.

Cheers mate.

Well done, and good luck for two weeks time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back