NFL 2019 AFC Championship Game - Tennessee at Kansas City

AFC CG Options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great post season on the back of one of THE great playoff seasons of all time from Henry but hard to say they 'missed their shot' when they fell into the wild card as a 9-7 team.
No thats exactly why they missed their shot. They werent that good and I dont think they get back here for a while based on all the other teams that will come next year. Gonna be a while before they are 1 game off a super bowl again.

No thats exactly why they missed their shot. They werent that good and I dont think they get back here for a while based on all the other teams that will come next year. Gonna be a while before they are 1 game off a super bowl again.

Semantics I guess - I'd say they were lucky to get as far as they did like the Jags a couple of years ago. In contrast the Ravens likely well and truly missed their shot.

Commentators early on were fawning over Vrabel using a KC play against them with the Henry direct snap TD. Well the 3rd quarter was KC impersonating the Titans and they didn’t do a bad job of it.

From the part I saw it felt like the Titans were dropping into zone far more than they had the first few weeks of the playoffs, disappointing if so, Mahomes will pick you apart... but that could be deceiving though going off just what we saw on TV. Chiefs receivers could have just been running better routes and gaining far more seperation than what the Pats and Ravens receivers did.

* the Chiefs are a good team. This whole game was just played entirely on their terms. They kept their offence on the field, which meant their defence never wore down, which meant Henry never got the chance to pound them down the stretch. And Mahomes' last 2 weeks has been at a level that few QBs have ever reached in the playoffs in the 20 years that I've been watching football.

I haven't checked odds, cos I don't really care - but they have to be favourites next week. I know the 9ers are a great defence, but Mahomes might be unstoppable.

Semantics I guess - I'd say they were lucky to get as far as they did like the Jags a couple of years ago. In contrast the Ravens likely well and truly missed their shot.

^^^ this. Itotally agree and can see Tennessee morph back into a mediocre side that didn’t ultimately cash in on an incredible run where everything went to script.

also regarding Mahomes, I can’t see Kansas it’s losing against san Fran and it’s all because of him. How he’s playing it’s unbelievable.Just donT see how he gets slower down. I know it’s a couple weeks ago but what he orchestrated against Houston I thought got overlooked because it was nearly expected. If K.C. get a lead it’s over already

no, more. given they stripped him but with cat like reflexes he regained it inside half a second, all whilst still moving and being impacted, diving, juking, twisting. normal athlete would lose that ball.
Except they stripped the ball... therefore it's less impressive. A normal athlete wouldn't let the ball be stripped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except they stripped the ball... therefore it's less impressive. A normal athlete wouldn't let the ball be stripped

For meer mortal footballers it would be called a juggle. 🙄 He nearly fumbled without actually being hit.

Back