List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea, make it a new free agency rule for all clubs.

Hey Players if you want to walk from that low performing club just do it.
Nah- you misread me guys.. I am aware of the FA system, but what I mean is that the club and supporters should look favourably on his long service and current issues, in trade deals and not expect his value to be through the roof. With a ruthless business hat on, quite frankly, I wouldn't want a senior player at the club who stood out for most of a season for any reason and wants to go elsewhere- its a quality player down and no good in a team sense.

But how much do you want for the right leg?
Or the wonderful line from an old Peter Cook and Dudley Moore sketch when Dud, playing a bloke with one leg, applied for the role of Tarzan. Pete, as the film director, claimed he had nothing against Dud, as a unidexter, applying for the role and had nothing against his right leg, but neither had Dud!! Still makes me laugh!

St Kilda will likely only secure a second-round pick for Josh Bruce, with their decision to consider trade request for him remaining a confusing decision given his goal power.
But St Kilda’s feeling is that they have so little of trade value they must find more picks given their desire to secure Brad Hill, Zak Jones, Patty Ryder and maybe even Port Adelaide’s Sam Gray.

He gets a longer-term deal and some security and the Saints get a second rounder.

They have picks 12, 30 and 41, which ironically is the Saints own pick after a trade last year.

Could the Dogs offer that as the starting point in a trade, even if the Saints would want more.

His likely departure will mean all eyes will be on Max King as he starts his second year, with Paddy McCartin’s future extremely uncertain in a forward line that could include Paddy Ryder alongside Tim Membrey.
Jon Ralph=Nerdy flog!

To think muppets like this, are the best we can serve up in journalism!

Haha Ralphy straight up trolling with lines like: "Could the Dogs offer that as the starting point in a trade, even if the Saints would want more."

Yes, they could and probably will. We will quickly reject it and move on to serious deals.

It's not even a well designed troll like "Lance Franklin reuniting with off field friend Dan Hannebery as the Swans cap squeeze intensifies"

I don't think any reasonable person that watches footy closely wouldn't think Bruce is worth a First round pick, you can bank him for nearly 40 goals every yr barring injury. He turns 28 in June. Pick 12 or he stays that should be the stance.

And pick 55 for Steven? Mental issues i understand but that's just bad business. Starting point is Second Rounder or a player we like. He played 7 games and was in probably the worst shape of any player in the league this year, and he was close if not the match winner in 2 of those games. He get's fit and healthy they get an A grader, and we will probably get a player at 55 that will be delisted in 2 years.

Last edited:
St Kilda will likely only secure a second-round pick for Josh Bruce, with their decision to consider trade request for him remaining a confusing decision given his goal power.
But St Kilda’s feeling is that they have so little of trade value they must find more picks given their desire to secure Brad Hill, Zak Jones, Patty Ryder and maybe even Port Adelaide’s Sam Gray.

He gets a longer-term deal and some security and the Saints get a second rounder.

They have picks 12, 30 and 41, which ironically is the Saints own pick after a trade last year.

Could the Dogs offer that as the starting point in a trade, even if the Saints would want more.

His likely departure will mean all eyes will be on Max King as he starts his second year, with Paddy McCartin’s future extremely uncertain in a forward line that could include Paddy Ryder alongside Tim Membrey.

So Ralph Malph thinks the Saints will only get a late pick, and now he's confused that the Saints would trade him because he's such a good player. :/
Confused at his own stupid guess for trade value.

Idiot. Imbecile. Dolt. Fool Stupid. Silly . Dumb. Moron. Blockhead Nincompoop. Simpleton. Dunce. Ignoramus. Nitwit. Ninny. Bonehead. Cretin. Jackass. Halfwit. Chump. Dimwit. Twit. Numbscull. Clod. Halfwit. Birdbrain. Dope. Dunderhead.

Or there is potentially a little guilt on our side because we held him against his will this year and it sent him down hill.
i wouldnt think so ... i dont reckon anyone even Jack would predict the year playing out like it did for him ...
in my work im going through a similar situation with a guy who is hitting it tough with depresion the thing with it is there is not reason or set plan or road map on dealing with it the whole process of getting better isnt a straight line and its not a one size fits all way to manage it so no one was really to know what the cause and effect is of keeping him to his contract this year or releasing him from it... the club has done everything in its power to help Jack they have been every bit accomodating for him in his issues and they have shown a great deal of care in his welfare over the way so i dont think the club would hold any guilt over the situation at all ..

Haha Ralphy straight up trolling with lines like: "Could the Dogs offer that as the starting point in a trade, even if the Saints would want more."

Yes, they could and probably will. We will quickly reject it and move on to serious deals.

It's not even a well designed troll like "Lance Franklin reuniting with off field friend Dan Hannebery as the Swans cap squeeze intensifies"

Exactly. The Bulldogs have backed up the money truck into Bruce’s driveway. They are desperate to trade him in.

He is a contracted St Kilda player and is still required. Yet Ralph rambles on about a.2nd RDP. Saints would walk away in a flash.

Junk reporting.

From inside the club: We won’t be flogging Josh Bruce off cheaply, it will have to be a win win or he stays.

From me: All of this trade talk is bulls**t, we should be focusing on the finals and leave this stuff for October. Most of it is baseless rumours.

I wish i could be focused on finals. But i don't care about any of the teams playing them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fully agree MG. How can we as supporters be respectful to the struggles of Danny Frawley and his message, listen to the great wards of at the town hall and then quibble about Steven.

Dare I say the words... there are more important things than football... the saints players we watch and cheer are human beings and should mean more to us than their "worth" as a draft pick.

I understand what you are saying and it has meritX as I’m sure everyone does, but *nobody* is reducing Jack from a person to a draft pick.

What we are doing is hearing what’s coming out of Chris Scott’s mouth and seeing Geelong trying to pursue blokes like Higgins and smelling a rat.

I don't think Steven is worth any more than a pick in the 40's. He's worth a hell of a lot more to us than anyone else, but let's look at the facts. He's 30 years old, with an uncertain future having only played 5 games this year. Extremely unfit with a lot of work to do just to get himself right to play again and is an unrestricted free agent at the end of next year.

Absolute champion for the club and whilst it will be a great shame to see a four time B&F walk to Geelong for nothing - especially when they seemingly get everyone pretty cheap, it's in everyone's best interests to let him go. If that means a late pick/salary dump, so be it.

Exactly. The Bulldogs have backed up the money truck into Bruce’s driveway. They are desperate to trade him in.

He is a contracted St Kilda player and is still required. Yet Ralph rambles on about a.2nd RDP. Saints would walk away in a flash.

Junk reporting.

It's the way of the world now.

"Content is King" & "Controversy creates cash"

Just lob it out there with 'rumors are' or 'sources lead me to feel' or 'The divine prophet Agahnim mentioned the possibility of' and then make up whatever you like. They are no better than the 45 "ITK" posters that pop up on Big Footy every October with a whole lot of letters on the screen and nothing to ever back it up.

Jon Ralph just suggested the Dogs could give us pick 41 for Bruce.

Yep, this "expert" gets paid to be that idiotic.

That's the consensus from them and the journalists are running with it. I am officially suspending our memberships if we trade him for a second rounder. Any good work we have done in the last few years will be wiped out and I will be waiting until Galagaher is replaced before paying up again. That would be one of the great dumb arse trades.

That's the consensus from them and the journalists are running with it. I am officially suspending our memberships if we trade him for a second rounder. Any good work we have done in the last few years will be wiped out and I will be waiting until Galagaher is replaced before paying up again. That would be one of the great dumb arse trades.
He won't be traded for pick 41. It's just an idiotic suggestion from Ralph. I'd back the ITK's on here about Bruce before a guy writing a column called Moneyball, where the whole premise of his column actually contradicts what that term 'moneyball' is.

Too many people falling into Ralphy's trap.

Nowhere does he say that the Dogs are going to get Bruce for pick 41.

What he says is that St Kilda are open to a trade for Bruce, that we used to have pick 41, so it would be an ironic/poetic twist for the Dogs to open negotiations by offering that pick. He doesn't say that it's a fair deal, or what will happen or even what is likely to end up happening. Just a 'Hey, that's kinda funny' observation worded to sound like it's an inside whisper from deepest, darkest club land.

This is the same "Saints gave up pick 5 for Carlisle!" s**t that David King loves to tug people around with.

Stop falling for it!

SKOB going for back to back to back on Sunday, bugger the AFL finals!

my WAFL club is playing its 13th grand final in 17 years on the weekend, so i'm in a similar boat

if not for the WAFC rigging the comp for the dockers it would be:
back to back to back to back to back to back

last season they had the perfect season. didn't lose a game all year and won all three grades.

we've only lost 1 game this year.

if i get the game even 3 minutes late, it will be all over. so gotta be there for first bounce.

Last edited:
So quibbling over posters right to quibble is going to add a lot more value to the conversation?

Implying that Saints fans who are interested in discussing the potential trade value of Jack Steven is somehow disrespecting the struggles of Danny Frawley is absurd. I don't read every page of this thread but I haven't seen one person thus far being disrespectful to Jack.

We haven't even got to trade week yet so we are all speculating, but hypothetically if Geelong do low ball (which was insinuated by Chris Scott on AFL 360) - why don't they have an obligation to make this smoother by offering a fair deal?

This trying to make posters feel bad for even discussing the trade value is pretty dangerous territory.

Not trying to make posters feel bad. I absolutely love the discussion, the speculation. I just don't like the calls for the club to have to go hard and make it a longer drawn out process, because Geelong get too many easy trades.

All trades have their ups and downs. I think we did fantastically well from the Membery and Roberton "trades". Roberton was a free pass to the saints as he wanted to get home to Melbourne. I would love to see a late first/ early second rounder for Jack. I think he is absolutely worth that and more. We certainly would have got more last year, but we are where we are.

As someone out of Victoria I love hearing all the gossip and news. I think Bigfooty is great fun and informative. While players would probably be bonkers to read about themselves on here, I wonder whether some of the "play hard ball" comments are passed on locally to the players. It must be awful for all players having their names and futures pushed and prodded. My first concern is Jack's well being. He has been brilliant for the saints! I just hope it does not create more heat to the detriment of Jack.

Go Saints!

Yeah, shaming people on the forum rarely gets anyone to change their mind anyway. It's more just puffing your chest out to point out how morally superior you are.

It's a pretty hard thing to process losing your best player. Telling someone they are s**t people for not wanting to be taken advantage of isn't really going to make it easier to process.

Most people are respectful of the decision to let him go, to me pointing the anger towards the way Geelong are handling it is neither disrespectful or controversial.

I hope it goes smooth and I have dealt with losing him now but I can understand why it's a prickly subject. It's like losing your beacon of hope that carried us through the dark times. It would have been like Barker asking for a trade to the top team at the time back in the 80s. It hurts.
It's reminding me of the Emiliano Sala tragedy with FC Nantes and Cardiff FC arguing over the multi million dollar transfer fee post plane crash. Bit distasteful, but at the same time, you can't avoid its importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back