Game Day 2020 AFL Grand Final Discussion - Richmond vs Geelong @ GABBA (24/10/20)

Who wins?

• Richmond

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Geelong

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Occasionally there is discussion about doubling suspensions in grand finals to prevent thuggery.

2 x 0 still equals 0. That will show him.

And next year they get Cameron gulp

Their midfield is shot. Ablett gone, Selwood on his last legs, Dangerfield well past his midfield use by date.

They were destroyed last night when Richmond clicked.

In a proper season they will be competitive for half a season like they usually are then drop off.

They're putting their eggs in the wrong basket.

I actually rather enjoyed the Grand Final last night if you don't count the angst at not having Port there

It was a decent enough game with lots of nice subplots and in the end it's astounding to see someone like Dusty rip a game right open

Not sold on night Grand Finals moving forward but it certainly frees up the afternoon

Woke up feeling crap this morning again thinking about the footy.

We played probably our worst second half of the season last week, got reamed by the umpires (Stevic in particular) and then go down by a goal.

Richmond don’t even get any umpiring favours in the GF and steam roll Geelong by 5 goals in what was pretty much a replica of the Geelong Port first final except Richmond got further behind than we did.

we would’ve ran over the tip of them in that 3rd quarter the same way we did in the first final and the same way Richmond did last night. Selwood, Taylor, Ablett all cooked and no composure at all from guys like Parfitt, Blicavs, Stanley, Henry, Kolodjashnij, Rohan or Simpson.

The tiggers still have plenty of brownie points in the bank with me for their demolition job on the tingles in the 2017 gf, and I would support Russia over Geebung and their version of the Krey twin, so last night was a good result, and I suspect Martin is the best finals player in the history of the game!

And like RossFC I enjoy watching Toby Nankervis play. He's no AFL uber-athlete, but he is a superb ruck technician and gets himself into places you want ruckmen to be around the ground. Awkwardly effective at ground level too.

Was cheering Geelong up until three quarter time.

Turned and looked at my dad and said “ If trav can’t have a flag I don’t want danger to get one.”

I’m ok with the end result I guess.

I'm ok with the end result because I am sure Boak signed with us believing that we'd fix our problems to the point of winning premierships and we still haven't made a GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And like RossFC I enjoy watching Toby Nankervis play. He's no AFL uber-athlete, but he is a superb ruck technician and gets himself into places you want ruckmen to be around the ground. Awkwardly effective at ground level too.
This board was pretty keen on him in his draft year from memory.

In my heart, Dangerfield will be forever marooned in a forward pocket at the GABBA, flopping around and averaging 2 kicks a quarter whilst Dusty kicks impossible snag after impossible snag at the other end to destroy all of his hopes and dreams.

He's too good for DBJ resting forward yeah. 🤦

He's too good for every other player in the league.

If every head coach who let Dusty Martin get on top of them was sacked then Dimma would be the only one left.

dangerflop2020granny-gif.994372

3 Norms. Its hard to deny Martin as the best finals player of all time now.

Full credit to Richmond and everyone involved there. I still look at the bottom end of their team and think how they * are they 2-3 time premiership players but here we are.

3 Norms. Its hard to deny Martin as the best finals player of all time now.

Full credit to Richmond and everyone involved there. I still look at the bottom end of their team and think how they fu** are they 2-3 time premiership players but here we are.
True that ,
You can say that about many premiership teams untill the become household names years later.
As big of a beast as Dustin has been I'd argue Leigh Matthews was better than Martin in finals. Prior to 2017 I never saw Martin in finals.

Back