24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

There's no surer thing than Dunstan playing at another club next season.

Why would you stay, after what was (*reportedly) said pre-season??

He'll go play another 100 games at another club with a massive chip on his shoulder.
This is IMO absolute nonsense.

If he went to the club and asked them for an honest answer as to where he sat in the grand scheme of things going forward, and he was given the honest answer he requested, he has absolutely nothing whatsoever to have a chip on his shoulder about.

This may be how you would react in this type of situation (known as projection), but most men when they go to someone else and ask them to give it to them straight and they do give it to them straight, respect them for doing so.

Because it’s exactly what they wanted them to do and it’s what they would likewise do under the same circumstances.

Luke needed to pull his finger out and to his credit he’s done exactly that. Probably largely prompted by the club being honest with him about where he sat.

Relevancy for listing our players?

All I know is we have few proven match winners on our list. But Billings is one of them. And we aren't a good enough list or club to be letting a proven match winner go for a pick in the mid to late 20s.
You know the relevance- that’s why you won’t do it.
Any list manager would be doing the same thing.

prw3mvz.gif

They would have said the same thing on the Adelaide board late last year lol.
Seriously. Saints fans were pissing themselves laughing about how up in the clouds Adelaide supporters were about the potential comp they’d get for Crouch. Crouch is our second best midfielder and he didn’t get band 1. No one here rates Billings higher than Crouch and we’re hoping for better compo

You know the relevance- that’s why you won’t do it.
Any list manager would be doing the same thing.
No, I dont really see the relevance in whatever game you are trying to play.

Billings is a good player and a match winner. I believe we should be keeping our good players and match winners. Simple as that.

Seriously. Saints fans were pissing themselves laughing about how up in the clouds Adelaide supporters were about the potential comp they’d get for Crouch. Crouch is our second best midfielder and he didn’t get band 1. No one here rates Billings higher than Crouch and we’re hoping for better compo
happy if its pick 20 to 30 thats what he is worth
Didn't finish in the top 10 in the B&F last year nor will he this year

bILLINGS HAS NOT BEEN DEVALUED BY OFF-FIELD BEHAVIOURAL ISSUES!

In the Hun today that King has a 4 yr contract $750k a year

You would think that if that is correct for Marshall he’d be getting a pay rise sometime.
This year has shown exactly how essential he is to the team.

You would think that if that is correct for Marshall he’d be getting a pay rise sometime.
This year has shown exactly how essential he is to the team.
hANNEBERY AND hILL THE GIFTS THAT KEEP ON GIVING
Everybody arguing about Billings' worth ignore the precedents set by the pay these two are on.
Imagine Steele and Marshall being asked to play for less than Hill :mad: :mad:

You have Billings in 17th. So in your opinion, would you pay him as a top 10 player on this list?

No I have already said that though. I was one of you earliest cultists, would be happy to keep him on less because I think you need some GOP talent as well as stars but if he's getting overs it's a pretty easy one to let him walk to FA if the pick is okay.

Steele

Marshall

Howard
Crouch
Jones
Ryder 33 years old
Clark
Sincs
King
Wilkie
Coffield
Dunstan
Byrnes

I give up just making me sad

Marshall is not quite there yet, he was on his way in 2019, was really good on 2020 and injury has dropped his output back. Probably have him a bit further back now. He could easily be back to being our second best though. It's a much harder job than it looks.

You shouldn’t have done that gringo it’s going to bite you on the arse like a great white on a whale carcass 🤣🤣.

You know I like to live life on the edge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

happy if its pick 20 to 30 thats what he is worth
Didn't finish in the top 10 in the B&F last year nor will he this year

I'd want a start of the second rounder for him at the very least. He's beige but he's fancy beige like some upmarket scatter cushion that your grandma would have paid a lot of money for.

Everybody arguing about Billings' worth ignore the precedents set by the pay these two are on.

Hill has had few good weeks. Probably earning his wage right now, not something I was confident would ever happen at the start of the season. Hanners is just depressing.

TeamX : "Hey Jack sure, we'll be happy to take you on as a free agent and give you a new start "
Saints : " Hang on, unless you pay him tier one money we will force you to trade , we want you to trade a first rounder for him "
TeamX : Negotiator tries to look serious but looks like John Cleese during the biggus dickus joke, finally he can't hold back and literally falls to the floor laughing. gasping out...."he agreed to play for us for $750 but you want us to pay him the best part of a million "
Saints : " We'll do it , we'll match. "
TeamX : " Sorry Jack, looks like the Saints have got you for $750K"
Saints : " wait , uh....what if we give you Jack Lonie as well and we pay his Salary.....wait that doesn't work for us ummm .........

Adelaide were trying to get rid of him, and he had behavioural issues.

I doubt we’re trying to get rid of Billings (paying him what we perceive he’s worth though) but not desperate to trade him and he’s certainly not a behavioural issue.
Which really puts us in the box seat.
We can quite easily match if a club offers him a contract that doesn’t give us a decent compensation pick, or try and do a deal.

Adelaide burnt their bridges with Crouch and they had no leg to stand on. They were also dealing with a club who said they would (and would’ve) walked away from the deal if it didn’t suit us.

Last edited:
That's the industry we're in. It's not fair. Life isn't fair.

That's the industry we're in. It's not fair. Life isn't fair.
Nothing to do with life, more to do with the fools we have in charge of trading.
And I don't want to hear about the money Hannebery gets having to be spent, yes I get it for the first year but the next 3-4?
As for Hill based on what we pay him and Freo what exactly would we pay for the Bont??

Nothing to do with life, more to do with the fools we have in charge of trading.
And I don't want to hear about the money Hannebery gets having to be spent, yes I get it for the first year but the next 3-4?
As for Hill based on what we pay him and Freo what exactly would we pay for the Bont??
No player is on the same wages each year. For superstar players you pay what is required. This is why drafting is so important, it's far tougher to build a list through trade than draft.

Hill has had few good weeks. Probably earning his wage right now, not something I was confident would ever happen at the start of the season. Hanners is just depressing.
Hanners is gone in 12 months max.

ifHill keeps this up - no one is going to bat an eye lid at his salary.

They would have said the same thing on the Adelaide board late last year lol.

Can we expect Billings to get caught with a nose full of coke?

That probably cost Crouch $100k-$150k
& cost the Crows an earlier pick.

Crouch is an interesting comparison though. Up until this season he’s probably had one or two very good seasons with the rest being injury write offs.

Whereas JB has had one or two very good seasons and has barely missed a game for his whole career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we expect Billings to get caught with a nose full of coke?

That probably cost Crouch $100k-$150k
& cost the Crows an earlier pick.

Crouch is an interesting comparison though. Up until this season he’s probably had one or two very good seasons with the rest being injury write offs.

Whereas JB has had one or two very good seasons and has barely missed a game for his whole career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What team would take Billings over Crouch if they cost the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back