4th Test: England v Australia @ Trent Bridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
camsmith said:
Umm.. did you watch the 2nd innings?

You're telling me a side that bats like that deserved to win :eek: I dont think so.

I don't think any sane person who knows anything about cricket could say that england didn't deserve to win that. It got clsoe at the end but they were on top for four days.

Ouch.

As I said before, England thoroughly deserved to win, but ******** me, when it gets this close how can you not wince and go back and look at all those idiotic no-balls, or even the string of appalling umpiring decisions we've had go against us and not wonder?

The one thing definitely in our control though, was the almost criminally stupid act of letting Kasprowicz open ahead of Tait. But for that, I honestly think- I won't say Australia, because it wasn't them- Shane Warne might have won the test.

This series, one of the greatest Australian sporting heros of all time is playing England virtually single handedly and making a bloody good contest of it. On the basis of this series, a lot of his teammates are ********ing flattering themselves by even sharing a locker room with him. Having Kasper bowling at one end and Warne at the other is like dumping a pile of horse ******** in a bottle of fine wine.

eddiesmith said:
********ing hell, its been going Australias way for over 5 years,
Doesn't make it right. And don't worry - I've been just as vocal on BF about Australia's good run.

ps glad to see you admit how biased the umpiring has been.

you have to realise it was always going to go against you once.
Once? Err, 4 times minimum in this test. Don't recall any obvious ones going our way.

The one sided umpiring all series has been disgraceful.

Alot of teams have had quite bad decisions playing Australia
Yes and that's wrong. I've argued this point before and I'm arguing it again now.

and you cant claim you havent got some good decisions this series at all
2 or 3 maybe. About 15 for you guys easily. Pi ss take.

eddiesmith said:
********ing hell, its been going Australias way for over 5 years, you have to realise it was always going to go against you once. Alot of teams have had quite bad decisions playing Australia and you cant claim you havent got some good decisions this series at all

Thats then, this is now. The past should'nt have an influence on the umpires, and you are just making excuses for them.

England deserved to win one of the two wins they had, but not both.

anyone see the blokes, most the aussie and the english are on the beers fosters i think but i saw one guy from england necking a bottle of wine hahaha must be excited

The Oval is very, very good for spinners.

Just because it's quick doesn't mean it only suits the quicks, spinners need bounce and pace, too.

There's absolutely no harm in playing Macgill and get Watson in

Macgill is a better bowler than anyone in our current attack bar Warne, England still has no idea, absolutely no idea how to play wrist spin, you gonna give him a shot now. Throw caution to the wind and just make big decisions

Gonna drop one of the batsman as well just to make a point to them

But our biggest enemy, I'm afraid, is the weather

camsmith said:
Thats then, this is now. The past should'nt have an influence on the umpires, and you are just making excuses for them.

England deserved to win one of the two wins they had, but not both.

At Edgbaston Kasper was given not out to a plumb LBW, they added 60 runs after that :rolleyes:

No it doesnt make it right, but ******** happens, they are only ********ing human

Crooked Rain said:
Oh stop it you sore loser.

Cringe factor city!
So you think the decisions against Ponting, Martyn, and Katich, and the non decision against Jones were the right decisons?

Or do you think they were the wrong decisions but the umpiring wasn't one sided?

Please explain yourself.

eddiesmith said:
Umm did you watch the first innings, are you telling me Australia deserved to win on that effort? :eek: :rolleyes:
Hard to say considering Ponting and Martyn were never given a chance. They might have got out soon after, they may have hit hundreds. Who knows, but they were never given the opportunity.

Very big advantage to England.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith said:
Umm did you watch the first innings, are you telling me Australia deserved to win on that effort? :eek: :rolleyes:

A few "things" didnt go our way, or else you could add another 100 to it.

Anyway this test is over, all the pommys will be carrying on about this is the best series ever (whereas if if Australia had won those two close ones they wouldnt give a toss)

Bring on game 5, ******** off rain.

camsmith said:
A few "things" didnt go our way, or else you could add another 100 to it.

Anyway this test is over, all the pommys will be carrying on about this is the best series ever (whereas if if Australia had won those two close ones they wouldnt give a toss)

Bring on game 5, ******** off rain.

And they may not have added another run

Thats the point, when a player is given out to a poor decision, how do you know they would have added any more? Most of the time they were being troubled at the time anyway and had a couple of close ones before it

Oh well, Billy is back next test, you wont have to worry about any LBW decisions going against you thats for sure, should increase the chances of a draw

It was funny watching Hoggard handle Lee with such ease because the pace of the ball made scoring easy and Ponting cant set a field, but I was so hoping he would hit the winning runs through 3rd man, that would have been funny.

I also thought, we won the 2nd test by 2 runs, we will probably win this by 2 wickets

Well you dont know, i wish i did know what would have happened.

But remember there not bowlers batting, there our top class batters, and the chances are they would have added even 30 more runs between us, that 30 runs would have been handy to have.

Anyway i guess its good for cricket that England won, makes game 5 a thriller, instead of a nothing game. But geez Aussies have been unlucky, ya gotta admit that.

camsmith said:

That's a ridiculous thing to say, I don't see how anyone couldn't say that this hasn't been one of the greatest series ever.

And everyone would still be saying it even if Australia had won the 2 close ones, the fact that Australai went 1 up & now can still save the Ashes but not the series just adds to the whole occasion.

DIPPER said:
That's a ridiculous thing to say, I don't see how anyone couldn't say that this hasn't been one of the greatest series ever.

And everyone would still be saying it even if Australia had won the 2 close ones, the fact that Australai went 1 up & now can still save the Ashes but not the series just adds to the whole occasion.

So if Australia were up 3 - 0, you guys would still be this excited by it?

Its great cricket, great for the future of the game and great England are putting up a decent fight... but if the Aussies had won those close games and were up 3 - 0 would it still be one of the best series ever!?

stmookeyj said:
Hmmm, a lot of talk of playing 5 bowlers, but we've been there and it hasn't really worked (last time we went to the West Indies).

Last time we did that, we took 20 wickets in the flattest track at the Carribbean and one of the flattest in the world

Steve Waugh didn't want it because "I hate juggling around with bowlers", that's more like lazy captaincy than the actual 5 bowlers thing not working

OK- first off, well done on a hard fought win....makes the last test critical....we'll worry about the pitch and the team selection later....

For now...

Fantastic effort from freddie on his knock and his bowling
Great effort from Simon Jones to take 5 for...doesn't sound like that ankle is right, though....Tremlett for the Oval, perhaps?

Fine effort from Lee and Warne to get us as close as they did- and we held the catches....

This match was lost in many areas, but blaming the umpires is not one of them...we didn't restrict England in the first dig, where only Warne of the experienced bowlers (no pressure for tait in his first test) was in it all the way

Our bats failed again in the first inning, and our top order fell apart in the second dig.

As others have posted, England deserved to win, so congrats to the English posters on the site....now, let's see if you can hold on to your edge next Test....

And a big nod of the head to all who posted here- this thread is ******ing huge....any chance that when this thread dies down we can get an update on posts during the tests....

OK, time for the Sunday paper and lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back