Roast 50/50-Rong Rucci Reckoning - The R-Files

Remove this Banner Ad

I see too that Rucci seems to be painting Port's trade period as a success too :$

So lets look at Port's trading this year

Firstly they failed to get rid of Hartlett and Lobbe.

Out 9, 49 and their 2017 first rounder for 14, 17 and 31

So in real terms they gave up their 2017 first rounder and downgraded their 2016 first rounder from 9 to 14 and in return they only got pick 17, 30 and were able to upgrade 49 to pick 31.

That's hilariously bad trading, but as usual Rucci is there to try and spin doctor such a shitty result as being "great for Port Adelaide".

Go home Rucci you're drunk.
They had 13 players - THIRTEEN - to trade
Including their VC and not one team even looked at them

That's one hell of a list they got !
I love that club
Love 'em

He does not get his plusses and losses correct. Loss of next years 1st will be massive if they don't have a good year. They cant get it back unless they trade some-one of quality next year.

Is old mate Rucci a Carlton supporter? Or just in love with us cause we blocked Gibbs?

Gave our trade period an A (the only A) but Freo and St Kilda a B.

Is old mate Rucci a Carlton supporter? Or just in love with us cause we blocked Gibbs?

Gave our trade period an A (the only A) but Freo and St Kilda a B.
He a Port person with totally no idea. Uses BF as his main source of info. He gave Port a 6/10. I noticed Chris McDermot gave us 1/10. How long is he going to have a chip on his shoulder.

I'd give port a 5/10 and us a 4/10 so far. With so far being the two active words. The trade period is only half, maybe even less than that of the contributor to what the list will look like next year and in the future.

Depending on the draft we could still jump into pass territory.

I'd give port a 5/10 and us a 4/10 so far. With so far being the two active words. The trade period is only half, maybe even less than that of the contributor to what the list will look like next year and in the future.

Depending on the draft we could still jump into pass territory.

This period will always be a fail regardless of who we take in the draft

These ratings are spot on

So you would give Port a 6/10 ?

Are you joking ?

They pretty much traded Pick 9 and their 2017 first round pick for picks 14, 17 and 30.

I am pretty sure we got slammed for trading pick 10 for 14 and 35 back in 2014 ? Yet Port go one step further by also giving away a future first round pick and people are now trying to paint it as a success :drunk:

Are you joking ?

They pretty much traded Pick 9 and their 2017 first round pick for picks 14, 17 and 30.

I am pretty sure we got slammed for trading pick 10 for 14 and 35 back in 2014 ? Yet Port go one step further by also giving away a future first round pick and people are now trying to paint it as a success :drunk:
I'll qualify it by saying I don't get into the draft or players deeply but isn't this one supposed to be pretty even to about 30 or just beyond. I also thought they had 4 picks under 30?
Also to me 60% is only just a pass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again it's not the Gibbs deal it was we didn't have s backup plan.

That's only true based on what the club has said publicly. Behind the scenes, I'm sure there were other deals the club tried to make but they can't force players to come to our club, or force clubs to relinquish contracted players.

This trade period wasn't a win, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was a failure that the club will struggle to recover from.

To me, no deals is a 5/10. Lyons probably brings that down to a 4.5/10.

Just because we thought we were going to get a 9/10 by getting Gibbs for a fair value, doesn't move the goals and change the scale.

These ratings are spot on
Let me preface this opinion by saying to do nothing is better than doing something simply for the sake of it.

That said - Bicks - the real one not the Rucci alias on here- banged on for weeks about Rockliffe and Hanley - we barely seemed to even investigate either of those options

With regards port - you have to ask just what are they trying to do?

Traded away two possibly top ten picks for picks this year on players that won't play for at least a couple of seasons

13 players to get rid of - they've been stuck with the lot

So no one traded in to add to this list - and 4 picks for future list when it's next year they need to make the 8

It's not a rebuild and it's not a top up

Seems to me they did something for the sake of doing it
It's a shamozzle which is why

I love that club

Last edited:
If I had 13 cakes to sell and no one wanted to buy them would it be considered a failure?

How about if I had access to two of Nikki's awesome Baked Cheesecakes one now and one next week but traded that option for four carrot cakes now would that be a failure?

How about if I wanted to buy some carrot cake and the seller offered it to me for the price of two of Nikki's awesome Baked Cheesecakes is declining that a failure?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

If I had 13 cakes to sell and no one wanted to buy them would it be considered a failure?

How about if I had access to two of Nikki's awesome Baked Cheesecakes one now and one next week but traded that option for four carrot cakes now would that be a failure?

How about if I wanted to buy some carrot cake and the seller offered it to me for the price of two of Nikki's awesome Baked Cheesecakes is declining that a failure?
Now I'm just hungry

I think not doing silly deals at least gives you a pass, if we gave up 2 firsts for Gibbs I don't see that as improving our trade period.
If by not addressing a need and getting paid unders in the only deal do you.

Are you joking ?

They traded pick 9 + 2017 1st for 14, 17, 30 and 31

It's a win if they nail those second round picks and don't finish lower next year

They traded pick 9 + 2017 1st for 14, 17, 30 and 31

It's a win if they nail those second round picks and don't finish lower next year

You forgot that they traded out 49 as well

So it was 9, 2017 1st rounder and 48 for 14, 17, 30 and 31.

How did you feel when we did the infamous pick 10 trade with Geelong back in 2014 ? I would rate this around a similar type of trade.

You forgot that they traded out 49 as well

So it was 9, 2017 1st rounder and 48 for 14, 17, 30 and 31.

How did you feel when we did the infamous pick 10 trade with Geelong back in 2014 ? I would rate this around a similar type of trade.

Except I reckon we knew Lever wasn't going to be taken by the clubs in-between our picks. Port have moved to behind our pick and there is a very good chance we would want the same player. In fairness to them they probably expected Carlton to hold our pick when they did the trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back