5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine spending weeks claiming to care about the game more than winning, claiming you wouldn't do what Carey did because 'we don't do that' just to drop a catch, review it anyway and than attack the umpire after for your own stupid mistake...

embarrassing parks and recreation GIF

No, I wanted him to ground it like he did so that it wouldn't be out.

So to be clear, Starc was in control of his movement, he just had to put the ball on the ground to avoid his head (that he was in full control of) smashing into the ground...? That makes complete sense.
Yes, for a few seconds when he placed his knuckle on the ground and the ball didn't touch the ground. He had control, the 3rd umpire thought he immediately place the ball on the ground.

He was gutted, and got peer pressured into it. His body language was the decision really
Being gutted didn't stop him from trying to game the system and get a second bite of the cherry by reviewing. Outstanding leadership and moral fortitude there....not.

And then whinge about loosing the review....FFS

Unless the met office know something different about how English weather behaves when it comes in from the west, it looks like the middle session may be a wipe out.

If the case would they lose 30 overs, or can they extend play by an hour so its only 15?

Not sure what I’d rather

Winning 3-1 or another washout to win 2-1. Both very good options, second one provides additional lols
3-1, I get the lols but nah heck it I want 3-1 badly now.

3-1 would be such a disaster for them, and will go down as a smashing in the history books to be repeated at every possible occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless the met office know something different about how English weather behaves when it comes in from the west, it looks like the middle session may be a wipe out.

If the case would they lose 30 overs, or can they extend play by an hour so its only 15?

Still think session wiped out is actually bad for us, take aussie win out of things means england get 35+ at us including new ball all fielders up catching.

I’ll delete my post, if you say you disagree with all the talk about spirit of cricket from Stokes, Broad, Bairstow and McCullum around the Bairstow stumping, and will happily admit I’m wrong to suggest you’re being hypocritical.

Stokes on the other hand…

Well there's a surprise, you were making it all up and have absolutely nothing to show me for being hypocritical.

Why would I want you to delete your post? It's just further proof of you making stuff up.

Both catches were out
Nah no chance, Starc’s was more controlled than Stokes’. Stokes was still in the catching motion and was about to throw it in the air and flat out dropped it. Starc had it in control for 5 minutes before steadying himself to get back off the ground

Back