Traded Adam Saad [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the depth of next year I’d hardly say essendon win that trade outr
Guess it depends on where Essendon end up next year and how many free agent compensation picks push it back.
More than likely GCS will use it for points towards an academy player.
A fair trade for both teams i think. GCS certainly don't need anymore 2nd rd picks this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve lost Pops Kelly and want to move Mcgrath up to the wing

McGrath I would assume stays in defense for a little bit longer a'la Callum Mills. Either way, the GWS deal for Dev Smith has made Essendon's trade period look very solid. Depending on Francis going and what you get for him, it could be 3 very solid players in without much of a loss in terms of draft position.

Saad was a gun a couple of years ago? Why did he cost so little? Didn't see him play this year.

He's still the same, GC just weren't playing hard ball. Mostly to do with compassionate grounds and Saad's religious needs to move back home.

McGrath I would assume stays in defense for a little bit longer a'la Callum Mills. Either way, the GWS deal for Dev Smith has made Essendon's trade period look very solid. Depending on Francis going and what you get for him, it could be 3 very solid players in without much of a loss in terms of draft position.
McGrath has already moved mate. He played the last 3 games almost exclusively on the wing

That's because Swans have four gun mids... We don't.

Essendon are screwing everybody this trade period. I hope they’re wearing a rubber.
Both trades have seemed beneficial to all parties involved IMO. GC didn't need another 2nd round pick this year so they got next years & Saad isn't worth more than a second rounder. The GWS trade probably leans slightly in our favour but got them into the first round of the draft which is what they wanted, it also gave us more assets to hopefully get the Stringer deal done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back