List Mgmt. Best young key forward in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

CarnTheScray

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would rather poke my eyes out. Imagine Jack Ziebell being the captain of your club, especially the way he plays. What an inspiration, must make his team mates want to run through walls with the way he plays. I genuinely hope your club doesn't win a game all season.
Such hatred for someone that doesn’t apparently even support a team

Jean Claude Vas Deferens

Bay13 Non-entity.
Dec 26, 2005
Park Orchards
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ParkOrchards FC. Mitch-Scot Cycling
Thats not my problem. People are so quick to jump the gun. I like watching them look like idiots to be honest.
You should probably move to Hopper's Crossing Freddy.
Then you can change your location to avoid confusion.
Good luck to Jacksonville this year by the way. Some great young kids coming through!

Virgin Dog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just look at the one-handers Maxy boy has taken against Richmond and Hawthorn with defenders all over him and you'll see why he's got a rare ability.

McKay the better performed player this year, but Max will be the better player across the duration of an entire career.
Come on mate. I think Max will be a star, but he's performing no better than McKay was at the same age.

In 2018 (the season McKay turned 21), he had 12 goals from his first 6 games of the year. Max is on 11 from 6.

In McKay's first proper season, he kicked 21 goals from 13 games. In Max's first he kicked 22 goals from 18 games.

There's no indication that Max is ahead of McKay honestly

gandaal

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Just look at the one-handers Maxy boy has taken against Richmond and Hawthorn with defenders all over him and you'll see why he's got a rare ability.

McKay the better performed player this year, but Max will be the better player across the duration of an entire career.
Yeah sure McKay might be the Coleman medalist this year, but Max King could be anything. He could even be a Coleman medalist!

Juddernaut08

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Things change a lot from their first few years to maturity.

Look at Curnow and Hipwood. They were discussed as the next two greats and look at them now.

Curnow may never play again.

Hiowood is inconsistent but decent.

Even Joe Daniher and Hogan.

The riewoldts walkers hawkins are rare not in talent but that everything just clicks

nutstar

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR

And to think, he’s not even the best key forward in his family...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I like Mckay and Naughton the best. The King twins remind me of Ben Brown with their high centre of gravity allowing stronger defenders to out body them fairly easily. Obviously they could still fill out to be monsters and prove me wrong.

Ricmel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Obviously they could still fill out to be monsters and prove me wrong.
They won't, they have that lean body type. I think what both the Kings will have ultimately over McKay is their pace and agility on the ground.

Naughton is a star and looking like he is going to be scary good. For me he looks the most likely to be the best KPF of the next decade.

RedFury

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
They won't, they have that lean body type. I think what both the Kings will have ultimately over McKay is their pace and agility on the ground.

Naughton is a star and looking like he is going to be scary good. For me he looks the most likely to be the best KPF of the next decade.
Although he doesn't always have the chance to show it in our usually overcrowded forward line, McKay is very quick.

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
Who is the quicker King out of interest? I’d probably back Ben in a straight line sprint.

McKay is quick too. Not as explosive, but really gets rolling after 10 metres.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Really disappointed with Max King this year. Thought he was going to explode this year. He gives me Tom Boyd vibes when he goes up for a mark.

Tasmanian saint

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Come on mate. I think Max will be a star, but he's performing no better than McKay was at the same age.

In 2018 (the season McKay turned 21), he had 12 goals from his first 6 games of the year. Max is on 11 from 6.

In McKay's first proper season, he kicked 21 goals from 13 games. In Max's first he kicked 22 goals from 18 games.

There's no indication that Max is ahead of McKay honestly
Yeah the arguments in this thread have been a bit ridiculous all the forwards mentioned on here are going to end up being elite players it’s like trying to argue weather a Ferrari or a Lamborghini is better it’s pointless

Remove this Banner Ad