Traded Brisbane trade #56 to Adelaide for F4 (Frem)

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs will do what they want to do, I just prefer that clubs bid in order and ignore the FS stuff. The draft is compromised enough as it is, no need to make it worse.

If GWS don't need a mid and considering they would have done zero research into Ashcroft it makes no sense to bid. You have to assume from GWS' point of view they won't match. You have just traded up to get Cadman, you take him. It's a little different with Adelaide when JUH went through, Thilhorpe was still a tall!

Clubs will do what they want to do, I just prefer that clubs bid in order and ignore the FS stuff. The draft is compromised enough as it is, no need to make it worse.
I think it's fair if clubs only bid on players if they would have had there been no F/S or Academy selections in the draft. GWS has no intention of taking anybody except Cadman so I wouldn't expect them to bid on him if they could keep him.

Although rare, the system can go against the club with the kid on layby for other reasons. Carlton bid on Henry in 2019 to buy them more time to do a trade, they then bid on Green even though he was across the board the higher ranked player. They know he gets matched and just caused chaos to buy extra time to trade back apparently or maybe because they were dirty that we go Serong.

Hasn’t this thread gone way off track. Can we get back to talking about this block buster of a trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back