Preview Changes: R14 vs Gold Coast, Sunday June 19, 2.50pm ACST @ Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you mean? Physically targeted/roughed up?

Or manned up closely?
Almost like a tag and he was trying for break free, at one stage on the eastern wing he was being held then eventually got the ball was immediately tackled and called for holding the ball.
He was so frustrated and rightly so.

Out: berry, hately
In: Turner, anyone

Berry and hately get in the way of the Nicks special - laird, keays and crouch. Crouch needs get max CBAs again to hit his KPIs - 40 disposals of which 36 are handballs (doesnt matter if they go to the opposition or laird and keays shoelaces), positive metres gained and have his direct opponent get no more than 6 coaches votes.

Out: berry, hately
In: Turner, anyone

Berry and hately get in the way of the Nicks special - laird, keays and crouch.
200.gif

Crouch out Shoey in.
Rowe had a stinker - not sure who to bring in.

I liked Milera's class in the first quarter. Dropped off as WC flooded back.

Back Milera in. Kicked a goal, set up a couple and seems to be building. Don't have anything to lose by gifting him some games at the moment.
Yes agree. Twice he got the ball in the midfield, assessed, gave himself space and delivered on the chest to inside 50. Another occasion he was caught in a pack with no right to clear the ball out of it, he pivoted, fended off with strength and hand balled out to advantage. The days of hoping he might be able to move into the midfield might be over, but he could still be a very valuable low possession type half forward or move back to his role as a creative half back. Those plays stood out because we are crying out for some class and Milera has it. We need him to build a base again and with some luck, his potential can be reached consistently from 2023.

Yes agree. Twice he got the ball in the midfield, assessed, gave himself space and delivered on the chest to inside 50. Another occasion he was caught in a pack with no right to clear the ball out of it, he pivoted, fended off with strength and hand balled out to advantage. The days of hoping he might be able to move into the midfield might be over, but he could still be a very valuable low possession type half forward or move back to his role as a creative half back. Those plays stood out because we are crying out for some class and Milera has it. We need him to build a base again and with some luck, his potential can be reached consistently from 2023.
He nailed those passes. He can’t play in defence though, he’s a smaller version of Frampton and constantly trails his opponent

In: Butts, Rachele, Cook, Jones, Newchurch
Out: Parnell, Murphy, Rowe, Crouch, McHenry

B: Hamill Butts Hinge
HB: Smith Murray Doedee
C: Soligo Dawson Cook
HF: Milera Walker Rachele
F: McAdam Fogarty Newchurch
R: O’Brien* Keays Laird
I: Thilthorpe* Berry Jones Hately
Sub: McHenry

*Thilthorpe and O’Brien to have more equal time in the Ruck and both spend some time forward.

Unlucky for Parnell to be out of the side, but we’ve just spent 2 years on Jones getting up to scratch and I thought he was doing ok. I like what Hamill and Hinge offer too and bring the extra tall in Butts back to the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's with no Worrall selection. Always gets a lot of possession. He's a long penetrating left footed kick. If you are not going to play him trade him.

Murphy as a centre square mid would be a disaster. Maybe at under 18 level he was okay but not at AFL level. He was around the stoppages heaps today (without an opponent) and could not get near it.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’d actually prefer Murphy play centre square mid to Matt Crouch but won’t happen

Not keen to have Murphy forward

Like to see Rachele / Cook / McHenry small forwards

Then Turner forward / mid when he’s right

Yep you wouldn’t drop Milera after that game …. No point picking him then dropping him now

If he can hit 2-3 I50 target a game he’d be dangerous but it was only west coast so let’s see how he goes against GC

*Thilthorpe and O’Brien to have more equal time in the Ruck and both spend some time forward.

Unlucky for Parnell to be out of the side, but we’ve just spent 2 years on Jones getting up to scratch and I thought he was doing ok. I like what Hamill and Hinge offer too and bring the extra tall in Butts back to the side.
As the coaches have said Jones was supposed to be playing an offence game as a half back

So for me I’d prefer Parnell to do that as he does more with ball in hand

If they want to pick Jones it would be for shut down roles that Brown was playing

But no doubt thy pick brown and drop Parnell which is stupid

I’m loving Hamill so he needs to keep playing . The more games without injury or concussion for him the better he will get

SANFL V West Saturday 18th June
Rachele Nankervis Turner
Cook McAsey McHenry
Taylor Jones Schoenberg
Davis Frampton McPherson
Brown Borlase Sharrad

Strachan
Murphy
Pedlar

Newchurch Gollant Wright Boyle

AFL V Gold Coast 19th June
Rowe Fogarty Thilthorpe
Soligo Walker McAdam
Hamill Hately Dawson
Smith Murray Parnell
Hinge Butts Doedee

O'Brien
Berry
Laird

Keays Crouch Sholl Milera Worrell

Last edited:

Disagree on Jones. He has shown bugger all imo. Parnell showed he has a lot more upside than Jones. Keep playing him. He will reward you back after 30 games.

Newchurch is better off getting 10 disposals and a few tackles rather than kicking goals. Thats what our coaches love in small forwards.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
To be fair some of the supporters on here are the same, they were frothing at the mouth trying to discount his 3 goals against Norwood because they were too close to goal and therefore didn’t count.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back