List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

I was big on Erasmus, purely as I thought most of the players stated I will already be taken. So I thought he's probably the one that would be at our pick. Apparently his match vs E. Perth on the weekend was class.
Think my dream first round pick is one of MJ, Goater or Ward.

I'm not against a plug and play mid or Greg Clark, I just think they would've looked at all options during mid season draft and opted for West. Can't see them going for another, but we will likely delist Ah Chee and Hutch that will leave a decent hole in regards to stronger body mids. Those types we need in the wafl to remain competitive and be called upon if needed, so he may be a good option.

I reckon both will go on, sounds like Hurn will. Kennedy may opt to retire.

Clark was not an option as he is the Subiaco Vice Captain and consequently didn’t nominate for the mid season draft, bad move because with the season he is having he may well have been on an AFL list now.
Anyway it’s all meaningless conjecture as he didn’t nominate..... coulda woulda shouda stuff.

Last edited:
Interesting to see that we tried to use Erasmus’ South African heritage for our NGA. Totally unsurprising that the AFL vetoed it…🙄
View attachment 1190115

You know how high the hypocrisy over race is. If he was black south african he would have been in the academy in a ******* heartbeat.

You know how high the hypocrisy over race is. If he was black south african he would have been in the academy in a ******* heartbeat.

Not true, Melbourne are going to miss out on an NGA product who's of Egyptian / South Sudanese heritage under the same ruling
1627522353116.png

Not true, Melbourne are going to miss out on an NGA product who's of Egyptian / South Sudanese heritage under the same ruling
View attachment 1190202

It looks like Andrew is eligible for Melbourne but only if he falls outside the top 20.

But Erasmus isn’t eligible for us at all.

It looks like Andrew is eligible for Melbourne but only if he falls outside the top 20.

But Erasmus isn’t eligible for us at all.

Not sure on the specifics of the ruling, but it's moot anyway. It doesn't look like Erasmus will slip outside the top 20

Not sure on the specifics of the ruling, but it's moot anyway. It doesn't look like Erasmus will slip outside the top 20
100%, he'll be gone by 15.
Would've been nice to add him though, and just get Sumich to say he likes to sook. 😉
You cnts know what happened next...

Last edited:
View attachment 1190202

Mac Andrew is eligible and Neil Erasmus isn't. Whether they get to their respective NGA clubs is a different story. My comment on race still stands. Both born in Africa, one is white, one is black. Different set of rules.

Last edited:
My cynicism wasn’t so much based on his skin colour. Was more so around AFL HQ making a frankly predictable ruling denying us preferential access to an elite WA talent.

My cynicism wasn’t so much based on his skin colour. Was more so around AFL HQ making a frankly predictable ruling denying us preferential access to an elite WA talent.

Absolutely the afl thing to do to in particular us or the crows.

I do find it however pertinent that the only reasonable reason for Erasmus to not be in an academy, no matter the club is because he is white because he fits the same selection criteria as Mac Andrew.

100%, he'll be gone by 15.
Would've been nice to add him though, and just get Sumich to say he likes to sook.
You cnts know what happened next...
We picked up a guy who then slid to the rookie list who now looks like it was around where he shouldve gone?
Lets hope trew has a great season next year!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We picked up a guy who then slid to the rookie list who now looks like it was around where he shouldve gone?
Lets hope trew has a great season next year!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
He's an inside midfielder, he needs to build his tank and add some size and strength before we see him at AFL level. He's had a pretty decent year so far.

Comparatively, O'Driscoll who Freo drafted with pick 27 last season has pretty much had a similar season to him. Similar stats in wafl league, neither played for the seniors. Both inside mids.

He slide because of the comments and probably his kicking isn't elite, but my comment was obviously a joke.

I had to laugh at Hasselby's column in the West yesterday. Some valid comments like the WA clubs would be better working together at the trade table and that Fremantle are in need for taller forwards.

But here's the problem. His suggestion that we could trade Brander or Waterman to Fremantle made sense but then he flucks it up and suggests that Freo offer up Connor Blakely since Shuey is getting injured. FFS - the guy always seemed a few cents short of a dollar but after this column, I sense he is bordering at the 50 cents level. Blakely is not much better than Ainsworth!

FWIW - I would happily trade both Waterman and Brander to Freo for Sarong or Brayshaw.

I had to laugh at Hasselby's column in the West yesterday. Some valid comments like the WA clubs would be better working together at the trade table and that Fremantle are in need for taller forwards.

But here's the problem. His suggestion that we could trade Brander or Waterman to Fremantle made sense but then he flucks it up and suggests that Freo offer up Connor Blakely since Shuey is getting injured. FFS - the guy always seemed a few cents short of a dollar but after this column, I sense he is bordering at the 50 cents level. Blakely is not much better than Ainsworth!

FWIW - I would happily trade both Waterman and Brander to Freo for Sarong or Brayshaw.
I read that and

Any interest in Will Brodie?
I have no idea if he's any good, although being on the outer at the Suns isn't great.
BBIMWBLF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back