List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
If Rotham ends up at Adelaide I promise I’ll apologise.

Stop lieing about what I said mate. Its either us or them. I still hold out hope for us as that is his clear want here. I hope we can clear Cameron off the books and then look to re-jig Kellys contract to get Rotham in. That would be the hold up and aim for now

I can absolutely appreciate that Vozzzo needs a rest but surely that could have been taken after the trade and draft period?

He took personal leave as opposed to "rest" . People should just leave him be. No one here knows his situation and quite simply if the rest of the team cant steer the ship when he is on leave, they should be sacked immediately

What do people in the know think Brady Houghs draft range is? For some reason I thought he was a lot smaller than the 189cm he is listed as. Can he play as a mid as the only game I saw him play he was playing forward and was impressive. Is pick 10 (12) too much of a reach? Apparently our recruiters surprised him with a visit a few weeks ago so we are definitely interested.
Im guessing he will go in the second round. The thing I like about him is his how much he has developed in one year.
Has so much scope for development, since this is his first year in a stuctured environment.
I would not be surprised if someone reached for him in the first round.

I can absolutely appreciate that Vozzzo needs a rest but surely that could have been taken after the trade and draft period?

While I get where you are coming from, I think it's something a bit more than him having "a rest ".

It's one of those situations where, perhaps you glean more from whats not said than whats said.

Stress and pressure does funny things to people and we all handles and process it differently.

I think its a situation whereby we just respect that some privacy is required here and give Vozzo some space.

Staff welfare is now a very important part of HR and management.

So best we give all parties some space and trust the powers to be to manage the issue, as best they deem fit, not everything needs to be aired out in public.

More importantly we wish Vozzo the best in his recuperation.

Stop lieing about what I said mate.

I didn’t say that’s what you said.

But it’s the only way we’d know you were on the money. If he re-signs in a week you could have still been right, or misled, or talking bullshit, we’d have no way of knowing.

I didn’t say that’s what you said.

But it’s the only way we’d know you were on the money. If he re-signs in a week you could have still been right, or misled, or talking bullshit, we’d have no way of knowing.

Well people do say things I said that I clearly didnt a fair bit.

In any case, even you can surely admit its not looking good? Denying it to win some likes is silly at best

If Vozzo is taking leave now, the most important time for an executive in his position - then the obvious reason is because he really needs this down time.

I don't like the idea of ROB having scouting and list management as his responsibilities. The two portfolios work together but they act as a check and balance for each other.

Does anyone know why we haven't replaced Glass as the List Manager? Is this because of soft cap restrictions? Or lack of a suitable replacement? I would've thought that the position would be sought after and the list of potential applicants would be long and distinguished.

Stop lieing about what I said mate. Its either us or them. I still hold out hope for us as that is his clear want here. I hope we can clear Cameron off the books and then look to re-jig Kellys contract to get Rotham in. That would be the hold up and aim for now

He's not lying.
You did post yesterday thet you were "basically certain he was off to Adelaide".

Now you're saying it's fifty fifty.

TBH, you lost all credibility with me when you said we should sign To be Watson :D

Perhaps but something seems off with the club right now

Our season finished 5 weeks ago and even if you allow for the 2 weeks quarantine delaying the usual off season processes, it’s now 3 weeks since exit interviews etc could be done.

We’re led to believe contracts for Hurn and Kennedy are imminent but still no confirmation that they’ve been signed

Cameron made a social media post about leaving the club with a couple of media reports stating he was stepping away from football but nothing from the club even acknowledging it, let alone addressing what that meant to his status at the club

Brander has been hung out like 3 day old bait

Along with Rotham, O’Neill, Jones, West, Foley remain off contract with no clarity on their futures

It was reported by Tom Morris from Fox Footy of all places that Vozzo was standing aside for the duration of the trade and draft period to take a break. Nisbett was quoted in the article confirming Vozzo’s absence but again there’s be no release from the club regarding it and, curiously, there’s been little or no mention of it in the local media that I’ve seen (Admittedly, I avoid a fair bit of that so may have missed it)

You’d think something like our footy manager taking leave during the most critical part of the year for our off field side of the footy department would be addressed by the club - particularly when our current list manager (O’Brien) is new to the role

Then today it comes out that we’re walking away from our standalone WAFL side with no clear plan on what to do instead. Pretty big decision, that again hasn’t been addressed by the club

This is all on top of a disastrous season, especially post bye, with rumours floating around of player discontent which were effectively validated during Simpsons speech at the B&F talking about the need for unity, accepting differences and having each other’s backs

There’s a lot of stuff I’d like to be taking with a grain of salt right now but it’s hard not to be concerned

I said this before and will say it again about Simpsons talk of unity. There is a big split between the older guys who think the training standards are unacceptable (Yeo and JK leading that charge) and the rest who seem to be resting on there contracts. In the end Simmos speech was a load of s**t if you ask me. He is giving a OUT for the lazy and wants to be everyones mate instead of enforcing some standards. If thats Simmos attitude I worry deeply for next season

He's not lying.
You did post yesterday thet you were "basically certain he was off to Adelaide".

Now you're saying it's fifty fifty.

No. Im saying we are still in with a chance and its not 100% done? Your fifty fifty crap is just you lying again. Its probably more 90/10. I mean do you think Tim Kelly is taking a paycut to keep Rotham? I sure as hell dont think he is

Well people do say things I said that I clearly didnt a fair bit.

In any case, even you can surely admit its not looking good? Denying it to win some likes is silly at best

Dunno why you think I give a s**t about likes.

Yes, I’d much prefer Rotham was re-signed. Yes, the fact he’s still up in the air doesn’t look good.

Now please react to this post so I get some sweet sweet likes. Oh yeah, that’s the stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Im saying we are still in with a chance and its not 100% done? Your fifty fifty crap is just you lying again. Its probably more 90/10. I mean do you think Tim Kelly is taking a paycut to keep Rotham? I sure as hell dont think he is
You keep contradicting yourself, that's the problem.

You're the one who said he was certain to go.
Now you've changed tack.

You're having 50 cents each way.

I like what North Melbourne are doing also with Tom Lynch and think we really need to do this as well. Anyone you think we could pick up in this manner? Tobe Watson is not the option so calm your jets. Id honestly like Hamish Hartlett. I dont want him to play but Id say to take the younger guys under his wing and be more or less a skills coach to them would be a great use of a rookie spot. He seems to be a good leader too and I think his attitude is spot on. Jarrod Schofield will hopefully be able to make that call as well knowing him quite well. Other options would be Sam Reid to help as a defensive coach or Zaharakis as a fitness coach

To be clear, I think that Vozzo is genuinely burnt out and needs a spell. I wouldn’t be surprised either if Simpson is enjoying some well needed time away to refresh

I get the feeling that it’s been a fairly tumultuous time at the club behind the scenes and like a duck paddling on a pond we aren’t really seeing the energy being expended below the surface

The concern I’m feeling is that there’s a void of information from the club re things like Cameron, Vozzo and the WAFL news and that player re-signings are taking longer than you’d expect in some instances

It all points to some instability which, if things are getting a required shake up, may actually be a positive but given a stable and professional administration has been a strength in the past it does make me a little uneasy

As others have said I hope Vozzo gets the break he needs and comes back better for it because despite the crazy Vizzo moniker he got early he’s a good operator and someone I thought would eventually take over from Nisbett as CEO

Well looks like Ben Long could be attainable.

Pies' rebuild continues, Saints open to trading pressure forward
Saints hunting picks, Suns' draft bonus, plus more trade news
https://www.continental-tyres.com.au/car
By Riley Beveridge, Mitch Cleary, Callum Twomey - 2 hrs ago

INSIDE TRADING: Collingwood has re-signed promising defender Trey Ruscoe. Picture: AFL Media

Booooooooooooooooo.

ST KILDA has alerted teams that it is keen to stockpile more picks at this year's NAB AFL Draft.

It's understood the Saints are determined to add to their draft hand during the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period over the next month and are open to getting creative to secure additional selections.

The club currently holds picks No.9, 46 and 64, but would ideally like another choice in the early stages of the draft to invest in young talent after consecutive years without a top-25 selection.

As reported by AFL.com.au on Monday, clubs – including Essendon – have registered an interest in contracted defender Ben Long. It's understood St Kilda would be open to trading the 24-year-old, should it receive a suitable offer.

I've posted before IMO Long would be a good get for us, only 24 so fits that gap in in our list age wise. Brings pace, defensive mindset and hardness which we desperately need. He would fit in very well with Willie (especially Willie both families from Pirlangimpi), Ryan and SPS. Could play HBF, wing, and forward.

Brander + 49 for SPS and 25.

35 for Long + 64

Go to the draft with 10, 25, 29 and 63.

Getting 25 off the Blues may be a problem with the Cerra trade though.

Would love to trade Cameron and a pick to the Lions to get something in the 30's. Use that to get Long.

To be clear, I think that Vozzo is genuinely burnt out and needs a spell. I wouldn’t be surprised either if Simpson is enjoying some well needed time away to refresh

I get the feeling that it’s been a fairly tumultuous time at the club behind the scenes and like a duck paddling on a pond we aren’t really seeing the energy being expended below the surface

The concern I’m feeling is that there’s a void of information from the club re things like Cameron, Vozzo and the WAFL news and that player re-signings are taking longer than you’d expect in some instances

It all points to some instability which, if things are getting a required shake up, may actually be a positive but given a stable and professional administration has been a strength in the past it does make me a little uneasy

As others have said I hope Vozzo gets the break he needs and comes back better for it because despite the crazy Vizzo moniker he got early he’s a good operator and someone I thought would eventually take over from Nisbett as CEO

Id say in the realms of

Cameron - We do not have a answer so cannot answer the question on whether he stays on our list or not. Nothing to announce here as its up in the air as opposed to anything we can provide certainty over
Vozzo - None of our business when its personal leave
WAFL news - We are making it up as we go and Id say the lack of news shows what a s**t situation it is. You are spot on there
Players re-signing - We cant sign someone when we dont know what wage he will be able to get. The books are cooked and this is just the remanants of that. Atleast we are not Sydney/Collingwood in this situation I suppose

I like what North Melbourne are doing also with Tom Lynch and think we really need to do this as well. Anyone you think we could pick up in this manner? Tobe Watson is not the option so calm your jets. Id honestly like Hamish Hartlett. I dont want him to play but Id say to take the younger guys under his wing and be more or less a skills coach to them would be a great use of a rookie spot. He seems to be a good leader too and I think his attitude is spot on. Jarrod Schofield will hopefully be able to make that call as well knowing him quite well. Other options would be Sam Reid to help as a defensive coach or Zaharakis as a fitness coach

My understanding is that North are listing Tom Lynch as a player despite his role being primarily a coaching one to get around the soft cap on football spending. Now they can do this presumably because with a young list they have the salary cap space to do this

Given you’ve been saying (and I’m not doubting this) that we’re having trouble signing Rotham due to a tight salary cap, how the * are we going to bring in a de facto coach and pay him under the salary cap.

Also, I expect that whilst it hasn’t been said, Hurn and JK will be doing their fair share of coaching - especially Hurn who has actually said he’d like to pursue coaching when his career finishes

My understanding is that North are listing Tom Lynch as a player despite his role being primarily a coaching one to get around the soft cap on football spending. Now they can do this presumably because with a young list they have the salary cap space to do this

Given you’ve been saying (and I’m not doubting this) that we’re having trouble signing Rotham due to a tight salary cap, how the fu** are we going to bring in a de facto coach and pay him under the salary cap.

Also, I expect that whilst it hasn’t been said, Hurn and JK will be doing their fair share of coaching - especially Hurn who has actually said he’d like to pursue coaching when his career finishes

Tom Lynch would just get a rookie listed players wage surely, and id be offering Hartlett the same. He is in that beggars cant be choosers realm. Rotham aint no beggar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back