List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
I actually found something from 2009 that I legitimately needed a couple of months ago because my laptop from back then had died. You can bet I threw that one in the Mrs face

I can only imagine the magnitude of the eye roll that was received from the Mrs.

A nerd from my IT section contacted a few weeks back to make me delete my 50k+ deleted items folder because it was jamming up the server. I reluctantly yielded to the neck-beard. I will resent his D&D playing arse until the end of time.

Show some respect mate, he has a name.

..it's Ochre

"Tigers rang with an offer of picks 17 and 28. The Saints weren't interested in sliding back that far.

A similar deal, involving those two selections plus a future second-round pick for pick 12 and a second-round selection, was put to West Coast. But the Eagles were already in discussions with Port Adelaide about a swap of pick 12 and 14, so knocked back the Tigers' bid to jump up the queue.

Richmond had one last shot at pairing up the Greater Western Victoria Rebels duo, offering pick 17 and 28 to Essendon for pick 13, before the Bombers pounced on Hobbs to bolster their midfield."

Loved him, favourite eagle

Was judd before judd. Should have won a brownlow if not for Vic bias

Probably rate him above judd but that might be unpopular

Most talented player to ever pull on our jumper and would absolutely dominate the modern game.

No player better below his knees, genuinely duel sided and could compete over head and at ground level.

Absolute ******* all time gun and was the reason I fell in love with footy growing up.

Most talented player to ever pull on our jumper and would absolutely dominate the modern game.

No player better below his knees, genuinely duel sided and could compete over head and at ground level.

Absolute ******* all time gun and was the reason I fell in love with footy growing up.

And all this time I thought you chose your name coz of Brandon.

And could genuinely play almost anywhere.

Rd 13 1998 vs Essendon. Played full fwd. 17d, 8marks, 7goals 3 points.

Best Eagle ever

And we even turned him (Peter Matera - for those not keeping up) into a HBF at careers end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Wikipedia (I know it’s Wikipedia)

“With his trademark speed on the decline, 1996 saw Peter Matera reinvent himself as a half back flank with great success. This part of his career is often overshadowed by his outstanding years as a wingman but Matera made a fine defender and once again enjoyed All-Australian status in 1996 and 1997. Matera was named on a wing in West Coast's team of the decade in 1996.”

IIRC Matera was also ‘tagged’ off HBF coz he was setting up so much of our play with his run and carry.

I don’t recall him being off HFF but that’s not to say he didn’t.

At least Tunbridge could tackle!

That one time.
And what a tackle it was! Because he has the best tackle of any past Eagles player he should be appoi
And could genuinely play almost anywhere.

Rd 13 1998 vs Essendon. Played full fwd. 17d, 8marks, 7goals 3 points.

Best Eagle ever
was there that night at the G. In the members...... one of my best times at at footy game ever!!

Interesting that in that afl article that if not Chesser, we were keen on goater or brown. Not Johnson! Clearly we didn’t like something there.

Or we just forgot to scout a player.

It is interesting the reports we were considering Goater but not Johnson. I reckon a lot of the melts during the draft would have been milder had we picked Goater instead. Both offer a bit of rebound, both earmarked as players who will eventually transition towards midfield at an AFL level. Goater looks to be the better inside player with his burst out of congestion, Chesser seemingly the better kick and decision maker. Will be interesting to compare the development of the two over the next few years.

It is interesting the reports we were considering Goater but not Johnson. I reckon a lot of the melts during the draft would have been milder had we picked Goater instead. Both offer a bit of rebound, both earmarked as players who will eventually transition towards midfield at an AFL level. Goater looks to be the better inside player with his burst out of congestion, Chesser seemingly the better kick and decision maker. Will be interesting to compare the development of the two over the next few years.

I would think the huge tick of approval on Chesser from the draft crew has been his work rate, attitude and personality even whilst recovering from injuries. It's like the will to put you body on the line or hunt the ball no matter the cost or be a tackler who hunts and tries to hurt his opponent. These are things that really are either in their make up by the time they get to AFL level or it's very rare for them to end up with one of those attributes.

Seriously tho, where would one procure a fine vest such as this?

The Salvos, Good Sammies Stores and the Reject Shops will be inundated with them the week after Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back