List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
I just can't wait until 2025 when we'll have millions to spend
Jokes aside, only 10 of our 40 listed players are contracted beyond 2023 so we should be more than capable of resolving our salary cap issues by then

Kinda surprised that he’s only played 99 games. Five years is a big investment by the club and on the long end of what he should’ve been given

He should have two personal goals going forward
1) To play a minimum 20 games in a season which he hasn’t yet done
2) To at least make the 40 man AA squad and ideally the final 22 at some stage. He has the ability to reach that level

Good luck to him
A third should be to get into our leadership group.

XON getting 2 years when he has essentially shown nothing other than being a below average ranked midfielder in every measurable statistic...

Kinda makes me scratch my head. That's 5 years at AFL level guaranteed, and he's still not in our best 22 going into his 4th year. Should've been a 1 year extension.

Edwards has shown more in his first season than O'Neil did in 3.

XON getting 2 years when he has essentially shown nothing other than being a below average ranked midfielder in every measurable statistic...

Kinda makes me scratch my head. That's 5 years at AFL level guaranteed, and he's still not in our best 22 going into his 4th year. Should've been a 1 year extension.
Edwards has shown more in his first season than O'Neil did in 3. :whitecheck:

Lets just hope that these two:

images-1.jpg

Are Midfileder Whispers.

Lets just hope that these two:

View attachment 1298268

Are Midfileder Whispers.

I want O’Neill, along with Petrevski- Seton, to be putting genuine pressure on Sheed and Redden* for a spot in the best 22 either by consistently strong WAFL performances or by nailing an opportunity in the seniors created by injury.

Clarke, due to his age and more mature body, I think should also be aiming to unseat Redden in particular. He might get that chance round 1 if Redden is still overcoming his shoulder surgery

LEdwards, Trew and West should be focusing on making an impact for the Beagles so they’re ready to step in if the injury gods * with our mids again

* Sheed and Redden are the most vulnerable of our established mids. Shuey, Yeo, Kelly and Gaff are little to no chance of being omitted if fully fit. Although they shouldn’t be playing if they aren’t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Barrass was the level of Glass, Mackenzie, McIntosh I'd say fair enough give him his big contract.

But he's clearly below their standard. If his management had threatened to use free agency I'd have said here's the taxi fare and clean out your locker. He's very replaceable.

Happy with the 2 years for LEdwards.

If Barrass was the level of Glass, Mackenzie, McIntosh I'd say fair enough give him his big contract.

But he's clearly below their standard. If his management had threatened to use free agency I'd have said here's the taxi fare and clean out your locker. He's very replaceable.

Happy with the 2 years for LEdwards.
Yeah the list management has been poor since 2018 and doesn't look like it's going to improve anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back