List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we renew DV's contract and keep on LTI if required. That way if he isn't ready to play he can take his time without the pressure of taking up a list sport on a reduced list? (also - would that mean his salary is outside of the cap?

I know it is hard times, but cutting DV loose at this point seems rather cut throat.
Cut him now mate and he may get the 1500 a fortnight from the govt!

I kid.

There has been a bit of commentary on how we should allow two subs in the remaining games. I like this idea as it gives us a chance to play some fringe players and utilise our list going forward.

A good example would be if we were to go into round 2 with the same team as round 1.

Added to the team as subs:

Waterman & another young mid ( MON or the other O'Neil)

Let JK come out on fire and with him being at the age he is he will run out of steam and then we can bring in Waterman ( Or even o Allen if he is raring to go). Then if say Brander isn't having an impact on a wing lets bring in a fresh MON to play some minutes on ball and push a Kelly or Shuey onto a wing.

Not sure where to ask this.

Do you guys think you will keep your WAFL seconds if lists are reduced to 35 and the football department is cut?

If the West Coast seconds do pull out, where do think you players will be playing when not selected in the firsts?

Not sure where to ask this.

Do you guys think you will keep your WAFL seconds if lists are reduced to 35 and the football department is cut?

If the West Coast seconds do pull out, where do think you players will be playing when not selected in the firsts?
We will keep our a WAFL team - but thanks for showing concern. We have deep pockets and should come out fine. In fact don’t be surprised if the WAFC ask for $$$ and I expect it to be paid but it will come with conditions.

We will keep our a WAFL team - but thanks for showing concern. We have deep pockets and should come out fine. In fact don’t be surprised if the WAFC ask for $$$ and I expect it to be paid but it will come with conditions.
If you have a squad of 35 and take out 22 league players plus an emergency. You are left with 12 players even if all your squad isn’t injured. It may get low as 5 players.

Money wise you guys can do it easier but is it worth it?

If we finish as low as we are heading atm this year I hope gaff does go to north or something and we get a first rounder. Looking pretty grim atm. I really do hope they cut the list numbers this year as it will improve the talent pool late in the draft, which without any picks we will need to pull from. We might even get lucky and a few of the better teams discards might be better options than sticking with some of our average players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legit thought we had best list heading into the season and thought the window was wide open...

The best list is a bit much but around the mark and not a cellar-dweller was an easy suggestion. We're a lot better than we're playing at the moment but we've clearly got some problems with our list, it's never just form or tactics.

If we don't bounce back in 2020 and see reduced list sizes in 2021 I think we'll see a host of retirements (Schofield, Kennedy, maybe Jetta & Hurn). We'll need to peg our list back to a solid core group of players before list sizes increase again.

Last edited:
If we finish as low as we are heading atm this year I hope gaff does go to north or something and we get a first rounder. Looking pretty grim atm. I really do hope they cut the list numbers this year as it will improve the talent pool late in the draft, which without any picks we will need to pull from. We might even get lucky and a few of the better teams discards might be better options than sticking with some of our average players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clear our Gaff and put Brander on the trade table irrespective of his form.

Yeah rebuild time. Trade out gaff sadly. Need to somehow get those tim kelly picks back. Gaff also wants a flag obviously not going to happen

Legit thought we had best list heading into the season and thought the window was wide open...

I really think we do. I actually think our gameplan, structure, set ups and coaching is poor.

As people have mentioned, our midfield has not been the same without Sam Mitchell. It is pretty evident. No coincidences there.

The best list is a bit much but around the mark and not a cellar-dweller was an easy suggestion. We're a lot better than we're playing at the moment but we've clearly got some problems with our list, it's never just form or tactics.

If we don't bounce back in 2020 and see reduced list sizes in 2021 I think we'll see a host of retirements (Schofield, Kennedy, maybe Jetta & Hurn). We'll need to peg out list back to a solid core group before list sizes increase again.
I would like to see Jets go on another year for the club and get to 100 games for father/son qualifications. The Jetta families are prodigious producers of footy talent.

I really think we do. I actually think our gameplan, structure, set ups and coaching is poor.

As people have mentioned, our midfield has not been the same without Sam Mitchell. It is pretty evident. No coincidences there.
Agree, loss of Mitchell has been huge. Ferrari midfield driving like a Prius.

Disappointing the game plan hasn't evolved.

I would like to see Jets go on another year for the club and get to 100 games for father/son qualifications. The Jetta families are prodigious producers of footy talent.

He’ll probably get offered another contract. Doesn’t mean he’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a cousin of Lewis in this year's draft is a bit of a smokie in the draft plays quite solid like Tim Kelly , would be later in the draft hopefully to us.

I honestly don't think this draft will matter going forward . If the rumours of reducing list sizes by 5- 6 players their won't be more than 2 to 3 picks per club at the draft . Lots of academy picks and father sons also .

Who would we drop ?

Schoey Kennedy hurn jetta could retire .
Main list Vardy ainsworth Cole foley could be in trouble.
Rookies treacy Bradshaw ahchee also due to contract status.
Mitch O'Neal didn't even come to the hub he has stayed in Tasmania.

I honestly don't think this draft will matter going forward . If the rumours of reducing list sizes by 5- 6 players their won't be more than 2 to 3 picks per club at the draft . Lots of academy picks and father sons also .

Who would we drop ?

Schoey Kennedy hurn jetta could retire .
Main list Vardy ainsworth Cole foley could be in trouble.
Rookies treacy Bradshaw ahchee also due to contract status.
Mitch O'Neal didn't even come to the hub he has stayed in Tasmania.
Out of that whole list M O’Neill is the one I’d most like to keep. Want to see what he’s got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back