Traded Darcy Lang [traded to Carlton]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he wanted to come to Brisbane would Geelong accept pick 20 for Lang and 35?
Why would Geelong accept a pick downgrade when we can simply keep pick 20 and trade Lang for pick 44?

Lucas' comments suggest to me that Carlton are probably front runners atm...or at least right in the mix.

Says Lang deal will have to wait till other trades play out first.
IMO that refers to Carlton trading for Kennedy/Gibbs most likely. Carlton would want to lock those deal away first before committing a pick for Lang.

If Lang was going to go to North, can't see why they'd have to wait. Just do a simple Lang for a third rounder trade and it's done...Geelong doesn't need to wait for the Ablett trade to do that.

Lucas' comments suggest to me that Carlton are probably front runners atm...or at least right in the mix.

IMO that refers to Carlton trading for Kennedy/Gibbs most likely. Carlton would want to lock those deal away first before committing a pick for Lang.

If Lang was going to go to North, can't see why they'd have to wait. Just do a simple Lang for a third rounder trade and it's done...Geelong doesn't need to wait for the Ablett trade to do that.

I think he is just referring to the fact that the big fish trades getting done will free up the small fish like lang to move on the last day once everyone knows what picks they have left.

I think he is just referring to the fact that the big fish trades getting done will free up the small fish like lang to move on the last day once everyone knows what picks they have left.

Yeah but i think Lucas mentioned us and North.

If he was committed to North, North and Geelong could do a simple straight swap for a third rounder right now. There is no hold up since North have nothing else going on and it doesn't affect Geelong's Ablett deal at all (assuming Lang refuses to move to QLD).

Therefore, i think it's most likely referring to Carlton wanting to get our Kennedy/Gibbs trades done to see what third rounder we have left for Lang.

We are enquiring about Atkins and waiting for the Goldy stuff to be resolved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is in the photo? I highly doubt if Carlton or north are going to be upset about getting gazumped for langs signature. Nothing trade that nobody cares about.
Similar to hrovat that was earlier mentioned.
Great coverage by news.com.au... Saw the photo and wondered if Geelong had gone into meltdown.

View attachment 428610

Still we might get some higher picks for Lang if we use this

Who is in the photo? I highly doubt if Carlton or north are going to be upset about getting gazumped for langs signature. Nothing trade that nobody cares about.
Similar to hrovat that was earlier mentioned.

The photo was of menegola (who has re-signed for 3 years and wont be traded).

Smells like another Smedts

He is much better than Smedts was at Geelong and his 2 finals this year show that. Could be a decent mid tier player in a team but i could understand why you would be wary.

He's definitely better than Smedts. Smedts was quick, looked good on paper but had a massively flawed kicking action and was prone to a bad decision. Lang makes good decisions, uses the ball well but is a bit passive as a player and does not stand out in any way physically. Seems to have stood up in big moments though, several times kicking goals to get us over the line in 4th quarters and had a solid finals campaign.

How will ever survive without Darcy Lang:rolleyes:.

Tuggers still obsessed with north on this board, bordering on pathetic.
You could have been a premiership threat next year with Lang.

Seems reasonable.

What confuses me is why he would choose Carlton over North if he wants more midfield time.

Seems reasonable.

What confuses me is why he would choose Carlton over North if he wants more midfield time.

Our midfield is pretty terrible...i'd assume if he chooses us we've sold him a vision of the role he would play in our team, probably mid who rotates forward at times. We've probably told him he's in our plans and we see him as best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back