Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear Clarke just gets bored out there sometimes. Even if he's seeing the ball well, he just has to have a waft on occassion

If the batsman is playing a shot, the ball has to hit him in line with the stumps and be going on to hit them.

If he isn't offering a shot, the ball can hit him outside the line of the stumps and still be given out if it is going on to hit the stumps.

Under no circumstance can it be given out if the ball pitches outside leg stump.

For anyone still confused this is the best explanation of the LBW rule so far. It really is simple.

Must be at least half of the stumps to overturn a not out lbw, if an ump has given it out it could be hitting 1/100 of the legstump and it would stay as umpire call.

It's an easy concept, the benefit of the doubt goes to whatever decision the on field umpire made.

Please don't listen to healy when it comes to drs, anything tougher than fingerpainting makes his head hurt.

Yeah, I just found it interesting that they don't use the same measurements for each part.

I understand the benefit of the doubt and the *ation of I Healy

Gee that throw by the Indian back to the bowlers end is just about the worst throw I've seen before. Missed the stumps by 30 meters.

That's how he got that ton in SA. Played and missed chronically till he got to about 35 or so then started middling it most of the time. It was the chanciest knock since Haddin's at the Gabba. Just swish and swish and hope it comes off. He ain't going to stop playing like that, it's his natural game.:)

That's how he got that ton in SA. Played and missed chronically till he got to about 35 or so then started middling it most of the time. It was the chanciest knock since Haddin's at the Gabba. Just swish and swish and hope it comes off. He ain't going to stop playing like that, it's his natural game.

And we all know just how much Clarke loves batsmen who play their natural game. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's how he got that ton in SA. Played and missed chronically till he got to about 35 or so then started middling it most of the time. It was the chanciest knock since Haddin's at the Gabba. Just swish and swish and hope it comes off. He ain't going to stop playing like that, it's his natural game.:)

The captaincy has obviously hepled him knuckle down.......

Man, I wish i'd heard that. Jim Maxwell being critical of a NSW player- i've heard it all now.
He's been critical of Pup on more than 1 occasion this Summer over Clarke's unwillingness to leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back